News BREAKING NEWS Yoel Romero Out Of The UFC!!!!

Can't wait to hear what happened. I still don't think we ever got any details on why he pulled out of his fight against Hall a couple of months ago. But he's a man of many talents. I'm sure he'll land on his feet.

BarOQpZ.gif

Do you hire the most expensive mechanic? Do you hire the most expensive guy to paint your house? If not then you're a hypocrite, corporate guy just like Dana White.
I don't fire my mechanic after 10 years because I found someone down at UTI.
Nice try with the comparison though.
And yes, if my car or house was going on national TV as part of a performance, I'd sure as shit use the best.

Last edited:
Any promotion can sign Silva right now, they are choosing not to. The only time UFC has matching rights is when a fighter fulfills their contract and looks at offers from other promotions, which is usually a negotiation tactic on the fighter's end, hoping to cash in on a win or possibly a streak, for leverage towards a bigger UFC deal, not so much a big deal in another promotion. Even then, the rights dont always come into play because UFC will almost always re-sign a streaking fighter, usually before their current contract is even over, and most fighters are more than willing to stay. It's also been common practice for them to sign a new deal with a fighter prior to a title shot. This is to ensure that if they win the title that it's not at the end of their contract, where they could just jump ship for a bigger paycheck on the heels of a title win.

When a fighter is cut because they lost a couple, UFC isn't concerned with matching because they've already dismissed the value of the fighter in the promotion and have no interest in keeping them. Therefore they are immediately free to sign with another promotion.

Cuts are usually are a one sided decision, and releases are more of a mutual decision. This instance is very much a cut. UFC doesn't want Yoel anymore, for multiple reasons, and yes, his large paycheck is one of them. He's reaching the end of his career, is on a 3 fight skid, and his last fight was a title fight in which he put on arguably the worst performance of his career. Why risk paying out over a million dollars over his next 3 fights that he might lose one or all of and/or look like the Izzy fight?

Also, we have no idea what Yoel is actually being paid. The commissions don't even know. Any numbers released by the commissions are intentionally flawed. Dont get me wrong, they show the disclosed figures of the contract, but other money moves around behind the scenes in UFC. This has been in practice for years when it comes to their bigger names because they don't want competing promotions to know what their stars are actually being paid. It makes it harder for another promotion to make an offer that would result in a star leaving the UFC.

This is 100% a business decision that weighed risk versus reward. The UFC does not benefit from keeping Yoel, and they know that. UFC isn't making nearly as much money without a live gate, and this is one of their ways to cut costs. It's unfortunate for Yoel, but UFC writes the contracts and the language within them is always in their favor.

The house always wins.
<DontBelieve1>

I don't believe it because then the Anderson Silva situation just doesn't make sense. There's no way Bellator/ PFL/ ONE don't want ANDERSON SILVA.

Gay as fuck- no gay for Jesus, basically

I really don't get why Yoel is still considered the messiah by so many.

I can't think of anyone that blew as many shots as this guy, either by missing weight or underperforming when it mattered the most.

Like at what point do you just accept that he's not the guy and move on.

Would be different if he could actually put some effort in to it and could actually win a fight. The corporate play would be to keep paying the person tons more money then they deserve and making more than the other employees actually doing something.
lol wut? The dude has given us some of the most insane finishes and been in some of the wildest 185 wars of all time.
Are you a goldfish?

I really don't get why Yoel is still considered the messiah by so many.

I can't think of anyone that blew as many shots as this guy, either by missing weight or underperforming when it mattered the most.

Like at what point do you just accept that he's not the guy and move on.
I really don't get why never was lard boys on the internet act like this guy is Donald Cerrone or Faber level fail when it comes to title fights or main events and choking.
Has never once been definitively beaten or finished in the UFC.
But hey, those guys get to prance around till whenever they feel like get red panty nights. Hmmm I wonder why?

He got a lot if rough decisions against the top middleweights. Sucks to see him move but I get it

Can't wait to hear what happened. I still don't think we ever got any details on why he pulled out of his fight against Hall a couple of months ago. But he's a man of many talents. I'm sure he'll land on his feet.

BarOQpZ.gif

are you saying that he might have had issues like other marque fighters from that same manager?

<{fry}>

or that you think he is pursuing a career as a male stripper?

<30>

I am gonna attempt to guess why:

Dana probably wanted Yoel to fight someone far down the ladder and Yoel being 43 is beyond going back to the trenches.
They also probably asked for a lot more money to even entertain the idea.

I don't fire my mechanic after 10 years because I found someone down at UTI.
Nice try with the comparison though.
And yes, if my car or house was going on national TV as part of a performance, I'd sure as fucking shit use the best.
Yoel isn't the best anymore. That's the point.. He's old, 1-4, and being paid $380,000. That's main event money, and he's not a main event fighter anymore.

Imagine you have to pay your mechanic 6 figures but he's old and gotten worse with unsteady hands, so he can only do the job as good as mid career guys making $50K.. You'd still pay him 6 figures just because you had him for 10 years??

No way. You're a hypocrite!

But evil Dana capitalist pig or something.

"Now is the 2020 bro. Is my time"
-Yoel Romero
-Kenny Florian

He's not in the UFC? Guess all Romero discussions now belong in the worldwide section. LOAD UP THE TRUCKS, BOYS!
Yeah the bodybuilding fanboys have a new home for their jerk off materials

Back