News BREAKING NEWS Yoel Romero Out Of The UFC!!!!

yoel making weight repeatedly for a tourney lol

true...didn’t think of that

I wouldn’t rule him out of fighting at 205 for much of the rest of his career. In PFL, Rakim Cleveland and Emiliano Sordi stand between him and a million dollars at 205.

I hope he goes to Bellator though, but I expect there will be competitive offers from ONE and PFL. ONE especially may offer the most money.

Part of it is the fighters themselves. You don’t hear these top names out there clamoring for fights every three months. They’re picking and choosing their spots, trying to leverage more money, etc. Main event against RDA? No thanks, Chandler has other plans. Title eliminator against the legend Tony Ferguson? Dustin needs yet another raise first. Rematch against Adesanya? Whittaker needs a three month Christmas holiday and then we can discuss it. (Figueredo is about to have his third title fight in six months and fourth of 2020, so clearly when a guy is about it they’ll book the fights).

That’s fine, it’s their call, but it’s gonna mean that unknown fighters are needed for these cards.

Oh definitely, I agree with all of that. I just feel like they are quickly cycling through guys from the Contender Series hoping for a new star to the point that you see a guy once or twice then he's gone. Tough to stay invested in a fighter who isn't around long.

While I enjoy Figueredo wanting to fight often, that blatant fence grab on a couple different occasions in his previous fight left a bad taste in my mouth, especially while the commentary was talking about him being the next Mighty Mouse. Not a chance. I get its their job to hype people up but still.

At the end of the day I just wish they put on less cards with more substance as opposed to an event every weekend with 95% of the fighters you know will have about a 1% chance of making a run for the title. I'm 38 and have been watching since the beginning and watched every event or years now. Regretfully I have lost interest in the last couple events to the point I'll only watch a couple of the fights, if that.

So many memorable fights but I’ll never forget how he absolutely destroyed Machida. Romero was the underdog in this fight but you’d never know it. The speed, power, explosiveness and he even brought a killer game plan. No can defend. He gave Machida so many different looks he had him all kinds of confused and fucked him up bad.

GraveForcefulIndigowingedparrot-size_restricted.gif

romero-handtraps-machida-2.gif

Sx3V-lUfomRGEjP4FUiv4JB3lSXeYk61AtV7V1KsTpY.gif

tumblr_nqn1s3C7YE1rofocqo1_400.gif

giphy.gif

WhichShyBlueshark-size_restricted.gif

Yoel-Machida-smash.gif

tumblr_nqn1d0EJWI1rofocqo1_500.gif

NaturalFarEeve-size_restricted.gif

I could give a shit where he goes after he shit the bed against Adesanya. Pathetic performance.

Good riddance, don’t care to ever see him fight after that lame performance against Izzy.

Lmao Romero has produced consistently the most "holy shit" moments compared to any fighter over the last 5 years. One bad fight doesn't change a good track record for exictement.

It's crazy how many breaks he got and still couldn't get the championship.

I could give a shit where he goes after he shit the bed against Adesanya. Pathetic performance.
Yet you continued supporting Conor after doing a Jackson Wink running impersonation in Diaz 2 after being emasculated to the point of giving up his wee Irish neck in Diaz 1. BTW I specifically say Diaz 1 and Diaz 2 because Conor is that irrelevant now

Yet you continued supporting Conor after doing a Jackson Wink running impersonation in Diaz 2 after being emasculated to the point of giving up his wee Irish neck in Diaz 1. BTW I specifically say Diaz 1 and Diaz 2 because Conor is that irrelevant now

Who the fuck are you?

Good time to part ways for both parties. Yoel has pretty much ran his course with the UFC, but he can still go make some cash at Bellator or something.

Like, yeah, he's had some shit performances but I would have given him one more chance to light someone up. He only has been fighting champs and contenders, can't expect every fight to be a can crush.

How can UFC say that have the best fighters in the world when they let go of so many greats?

I love Yoel but he's 43. It's time for him to do something else with his life.
That makes zero sense, he's easily a top 5 middleweight in the world and has only lost razor close decisions to the absolute best in the world.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GringoRonin
Back