Brendan Schaub gathering up army against Dana White, rofl

I think Rosie O'Donnell should get involved.

I really love being on Sherdog. Despite a lot of silly people being on here, this place really does make me laugh. Sometimes people just say funny shit lol

Lots a beds being made here. Lets see who ends up lying in them.

And lol at anyone who actually cares about Dana or the Fighters.

Like a Stripper, they dance for us, take our money and we both move on...

If Schaub was 5 10 and ugly no one would care.

So they both banged Rhonda, big freaking deal. This will all pass Dana will be king and Brendan will be happy Rogan gifted him listeners and that Callen carries the show

While I understand your point, MMA is hardly "fringe", and as such, they need to start thinking in bigger terms.
Just look how Ortega spent all the money in training camp and got zero return for not fault of his own.
Very much a fringe sport. How many UFC fighters can the next five people you interact with (Starbucks barrista, grocery store check out girl, dude you bumped into on the train, dry cleaner guy, and uber eats delivery guy) how many current UFC champs they know and what the last ppv they bought (not steamed you thieving aholes!) was.
Wasn't Ortega offered a fight?? He was very much in control of getting paid and decided to take a pass instead. Which in the current world he has every right to do. But you don't get paid for a taking a pass. You get rightfully shit on by the people who paid money to watch you fight. He doesn't DESERVE a single penny. Now if Dana couldn't put anything together, then it's the ufc's problem and they should step up with some coin. But last minute replacements is just part of the game. Deal with or go get a real estate license or start selling cars. whatever your non-fighting skill set can get you.

Very much a fringe sport. How many UFC fighters can the next five people you interact with (Starbucks barrista, grocery store check out girl, dude you bumped into on the train, dry cleaner guy, and uber eats delivery guy) how many current UFC champs they know and what the last ppv they bought (not steamed you thieving aholes!) was.
Wasn't Ortega offered a fight?? He was very much in control of getting paid and decided to take a pass instead. Which in the current world he has every right to do. But you don't get paid for a taking a pass. You get rightfully shit on by the people who paid money to watch you fight. He doesn't DESERVE a single penny. Now if Dana couldn't put anything together, then it's the ufc's problem and they should step up with some coin. But last minute replacements is just part of the game. Deal with or go get a real estate license or start selling cars. whatever your non-fighting skill set can get you.
Sorry, I stopped at the "Ortega was very much in control of getting paid and decided to take a pass instead".
That's so stupid a statement that defies common sense.

First of all, you train to fight someone. You develop a plan.
This is not amateur hour where you don't know who you train for and who you will face in the octagon.
So he trained for Max. He was ready to fight Max.

he showed up, did the media and was on point in his weight.
His obligation was to show up and fight Max for the title.
Not someone else he did not train for and NOT for the (real) belt!

You making sich asinine claim just further proves you lack of knowledge on the subject.... or your willingness to lie to be a schill.

I don't know who I dislike more Dana or Schaub, probably Luke Thomas

That's a flawed analogy. They probably couldn't name 5 NBA players, 5 MLB players, 5 NFlers, 5 NHLers or 5 pro soccer players either. Does that make those fringe sports as well?

Ortega did his due diligence. He met his contractual obligations in every way. He was contracted to fight for a title against Holloway. Not his fault that Holloway pulled out. Not the UFCs fault either, but he does deserve compensation for the time, training camp etc.

Agree.
But then again, Dana (WME) just pulled a major fucking shit on him.... he retaliated in the right way... telling his story to a guy who wants to expose Dana...

I think it is stupid that they still did not create a league or union to protect the fighters, but the more experience the "bullying", the better they will be in the long run

Unions work only when employees are paid by the government(police, teachers, firedept, nurses or labor unions which are mostly funded by government projects. Private companies start to sink soon after unionized employees( harley davidson) a fighters union would only hurt the very top fighters.

Unions work only when employees are paid by the government(police, teachers, firedept, nurses or labor unions which are mostly funded by government projects. Private companies start to sink soon after unionized employees( harley davidson) a fighters union would only hurt the very top fighters.

Yet, all the major sports leagues in North America have players unions. Why? To stop the players from getting fucked by the owners. Which happened for a very long time.

Dana says/said he wants the UFC to be 'bigger than soccer' (LOL), but treats it like his own personal play thing, and makes it bush league. You want a legitimate sport, you need to attract more athletes to it. How do you attract more athletes to it? By paying more money. A fighters union would be a good thing here. Or, we can keep watching the Brett Rogers of the world come to the sport..............

Yet, all the major sports leagues in North America have players unions. Why? To stop the players from getting fucked by the owners. Which happened for a very long time.

Dana says/said he wants the UFC to be 'bigger than soccer' (LOL), but treats it like his own personal play thing, and makes it bush league. You want a legitimate sport, you need to attract more athletes to it. How do you attract more athletes to it? By paying more money. A fighters union would be a good thing here. Or, we can keep watching the Brett Rogers of the world come to the sport..............

I see your point of view but not all the individuals that make it to the nfl or nba.... make a career out of it. Plus.... team sports are way different from combat sports. In combat you have to shine or sink individually. And I completly agree that Dana bad mouths fighter unfairly. I think its s negotiating tactic. He bad mouths Francis right after a bad showing so when it comes to meeting Francis is already expecting a pay cut. Thats where fighters need to think before signing a contract.

I see your point of view but not all the individuals that make it to the nfl or nba.... make a career out of it. Plus.... team sports are way different from combat sports. In combat you have to shine or sink individually. And I completly agree that Dana bad mouths fighter unfairly. I think its s negotiating tactic. He bad mouths Francis right after a bad showing so when it comes to meeting Francis is already expecting a pay cut. Thats where fighters need to think before signing a contract.

They may play on teams, but each player negotiates his contract individually. Obviously, people aren't paying to see a bench warmer play, they're paying to see Crosby, Ovechkin, LeBron, Brady etc etc. But without the back ups, bench players, 4th liners etc, there is no team. And those back ups, bench players, 4th liners etc can at least make a living while they are playing, even if they don't make a full career out of it. The players union sees to that.

You want to attract the Crosby's, Bradys, LeBrons of the world to MMA, better start paying them the money to get them to start. But you still need to be able to fill a full fight card with fighters. No one wants to see some guy that works full time at Wal-Mart, and trains part time, in the Octagon. But that's what we'll continue to get.

This is how I picture the people listening to Brendan Schaub looking like...

Louie-Spence-Rehearsals_Marika-Player1-e1426089569549.jpg
Great hips, probably top 15 if he's got a chin. Nobody is going to beat him on the ground, top or bottom.

Back