Brendan Schaub loses it on currently ousted Fox President

They agreed to discuss the fight, but Joe clearly went too far, you'd have to be blind not to notice how uncomfortable Schaub became, and that Joe clearly went too far. Pretty sure they didn't agree on air that Joe would tell Schaub that he was shot and needed to retire.

When shit starts it starts you flow with it, that moment was the best thing for his career moving forward, everyone knew his name after the video and clips of it started making rounds all over the place.

That's the main "boost" for his own podcast.

I disagree. From Schaub's reaction, it looked like Joe had never said anything like this before. Theres no reason to think that it wouldn't have worked if Joe had sat him down and seriously discussed it with him. Schaub obviously takes Joe's opinion extremely seriously.

To be honest, Joe is lucky Brendan is so mentally cowed by him, as Schaub would smash Rogan ridiculously easily.
People don't smash each other.

But it's probably true that he wouldn't last long against Schaub.

Sorry I meant to say that Schaub agreed to do it on air like that. While I still think Rogan should have been the smarter person to realize either way it should be handled off air it is what it is.
That shit was for views.

I think Joe was right with his overall point, but that didn't need to happen on air.

It's one thing for a friend to give advice to retire privately, but its another to be criticised and humiliated in front of thousands of listeners. Schaub is pretty confrontation-averse when it comes to Joe, so he had to just sit there and take it.
I find Schuab to be a bit obnoxious but that was inappropriate. What if Schaub is content not being the absolute best? What if he's content being top 20 in the world (not too fucking shabby all said and done) and getting paid to ply his craft. Would Joe quit making podcasts if he knew he'd never be the number 1 rated podcast in the world? Improper format and venue regardless. Have that conversation in private if it's genuinely done out of concern.

Sorry I meant to say that Schaub agreed to do it on air like that. While I still think Rogan should have been the smarter person to realize either way it should be handled off air it is what it is.
I'm not sure Schaub understood what he was signing up for when he agreed to discuss the fight. He tried to change the subject several times when Joe was mid-flurry, and Joe clearly went further than was intended. I think Joe may well have been in some way inebriated since he failed to pick up any social cues.

Bro ? that was done for publicity.. that talk was better for Brendan's career then any fight.

They talked about it and they AGREED to do it on air, in full display.. I'm sure the goof didn't fully realize how ham Joe will go on him but hey it happened can't back out of it in the middle of it.

You think that wasn't planned, you think he was ambushed with it ? you think he regrets it now ? no.. not even close that moment and Joe's influence made a transition for this dude that had NOTHING after fighting.
That shit destroyed him and lifted him up at the same time.

I'm not sure Schaub understood what he was signing up for when he agreed to discuss the fight. He tried to change the subject several times when Joe was mid-flurry, and Joe clearly went further than was intended. I think Joe may well have been in some way inebriated since he failed to pick up any social cues.

This might be the case might have been a misunderstanding. I do think I remember hearing Brendan say (later on) he didn't know Joe was going to go that hard.

It can be either or whenever it convenient for them

Them?

Tell that to the black, white, mediterranean, middle-eastern, Indian, east-asian and others. There are Jewish people of every single color.

Have you ever seen "Jewish" as a checkbox for race on a job application? Not in these United States. Perhaps that checkbox exists in a country that hates Jewish people though.

Perhaps you should read this: https://www.quora.com/Are-there-Asian-Jews

People don't smash each other.

But it's probably true that he wouldn't last long against Schaub.
Fortunately that's true. Also fortunate that Schaub isn't like many fighters with short fuses.

The point being that Joe was just going off on him from a position of strength since he knew Schaub has never been able to stand up to him. The discussion clearly passed the point of being appropriate.

Schaub was on point about every single thing he said regarding this situation. His success speaks for itself when it comes to creating and doing numbers, but he was also right for calling Horowitz on 'owning' Shannon sharpe across all platforms.

Brendan knows his shit and parlayed his knowledge very well. Again, the results speak for themselves.

That shit destroyed him and lifted him up at the same time.

At that time and right after I assume it was really shitty.. but with time it turned into a blessing.

His brother, his father and other family all saying fuck Rogan.. him ready to cut cords with him (but he famous wtf) and then 2 years down the line "you my boy that was the BEST thing to happen to me". xD

*Dated June 28, 2017 -sorry if posted already, didn't see a thread on this.

-Brendan goes apeshit when it was mentioned in an article that Jamie Horowitz referred to The Fighter and The Kid as "worst version of [Fox' former] digital content", despite TFATK being the best performer in Fox' former content, and that TFATK was trying to build their brand using Fox'

-Brendan and Bryan apparently bent over backwards to create highly viewed original content while on Fox despite being lowballed several times

-Accused Horowitz of insensitive/racist comments on "owning" an African-American sportscaster

-Brings up how Horowitz was fired from The Today Show only after a few months

-Fox Sports ratings are failing hard because they are merely regurgitating what ESPN is doing according to Schaub

-Repeatedly referred to Horowitz as having "rich white male privilege" despite being Horowitz being obviously Jewish

-Butthurt about how Horowitz didn't recognize Bryan Callen in a tennis club right after they had a meeting

-Brendan brags about him personally making Horowitz sign some type of percentage contract (?)

In the past couple of days, it was announced that Jamie Horowitz had been fired from Fox Sports as its President due to an unrelated charge of sexual misconduct.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/07/03/media/jamie-horowitz-fox-sports-president/index.html
http://www.latimes.com/business/hol...e-horowitz-sex-harassment-20170703-story.html

This whole thing reminded me of Rogan getting all alpha on Schaub except this time Schaub was going alpha (or attempting to at least): "I was trying to be cool, man."

Schaub went off and I was so proud of my boy for doing so.

I disagree. From Schaub's reaction, it looked like Joe had never said anything like this before. Theres no reason to think that it wouldn't have worked if Joe had sat him down and seriously discussed it with him. Schaub obviously takes Joe's opinion extremely seriously.

To be honest, Joe is lucky Brendan is so mentally cowed by him, as Schaub would smash Rogan ridiculously easily.

Every reason to think that.

Schaub is an insecure ego maniac. The embarrassment from public pressure was the reason he smartened up.

Schaub wants attention any way he can get it.

I agree with Horowitz the pervert, TFATK is pure cringe.

Slightly off topic, but Joe had no right to say what he did to Schaub on air.

That kind of conversation should happen in private and very tactfully. It obviously really hurt Brendan to hear Joe say that, especially since he seems to look up to him. Doing it live on a podcast was terribly insensitive.

Also - Joe just kept going and going even when he'd obviously made his point, even after Schaub tried to change the subject. Very poor reading of what was socially appropriate.
Didn't Brendan ask him to do it on air?

Back