Brian Ortega: Dana White was pissed when I refused short noticed fight @ UFC 226

"I stepped in and fought Frankie (Edgar) on three weeks’ notice".
He is acting like he did Frankie a solid. Frankie did you a solid, bro.
He did not have to fight you, he could have waited but wanted to stay active.
And he also turned down an interim title fight as well.
He expected Dana to just hand him the title if Max could not fight??

<DisgustingHHH>

I think Brian should be compensated for his training camp and the time he put into the build up to the PPV..
Wonder why they don't have insurance for this...seems logical.
I mean, it wasn't his fault Max didn't show, right?

If Dana's pissed enough, he won't give Ortega a shot after all. It's not like he hasn't promised title shots to guys before and then inserted someone else instead. I hope Brian gets the shot because I love his style and he's most deserving but if he keeps yapping, don't be surprised when he's forced to accept another fight or retire before he gets a title shot.

"I stepped in and fought Frankie (Edgar) on three weeks’ notice".
He is acting like he did Frankie a solid. Frankie did you a solid, bro.
He did not have to fight you, he could have waited but wanted to stay active.
And he also turned down an interim title fight as well.
He expected Dana to just hand him the title if Max could not fight??

<DisgustingHHH>
You did read everything else in the article, yeah? He’s obviously saying he did the company a favor, and if you have any sense of context and understanding than you would know that.

I think Brian should be compensated for his training camp and the time he put into the build up to the PPV..

UFC contracts (Which Ortega signed) disagree with you.

<mma4> 2 Points ^^^ made Agreed camp needz to be compensated you don't have to pay me all but % of camp cost.

Ortega signed but his right to take the fight, made weight, showed up, did press, pay my camp C'Mon Man...?

Argument goes to @Reach4theSky
judge-joe-brown-gif2.gif
No more reply...

A lot of similarities between Jon Jones and Brian Ortega..

-Both have used PEDS and been suspended
-Both refused to take late notice opponents
-Both have shady pasts and have been in trouble with the law
-Both come across as entitled

In all that hating up there ↑↑↑ you forget the most important thing you suppose to be here for, they Both can Fight..!

It's almost as if this is their career and they are looking for their best interest by not taking high risk /low reward fights.. We should be outraged

In all that hating up there ↑↑↑ you forget the most important thing you suppose to be here for, they Both can Fight..!

I'm a fan of both guys, Jon Jones is one my favorite fighters. You can't call it hating if I'm only telling the truth. And yeah, they're both great fighters.

Which is pure bitchness and entitlement. His contract was for 50/50 he should be willing to fight anyone for that amount because that is what he agreed to.
Nah. He can negotiate whenever he wants as an independent contractor if there is a change in circumstance. If his employer isn't willing to meet his requirements, they can find someone else.

You did read everything else in the article, yeah? He’s obviously saying he did the company a favor, and if you have any sense of context and understanding than you would know that.
Yes, I did read the article. My point is, Frankie did not have to fight him and he
could have just waited for his shot, but decided to stay active. He lost, yes.. But
when it comes back around, for Ortega to return the favor ( fighting Stephens for the interim), he says nada, not interested. He was offered an interim title shot, he refused. He decided that was what is best for him, but it does not put him in a good light with the UFC.

Siding with a bottom feeder like Dana White over fighters who put their health on the line, you must be having a fucking laugh.

Dana's an asshole, everybody agrees on that even Dana.

But bottom-feeder? Dude, he's one of the guys who built that whole house.

And he didn't build it by caring about fighters who are afraid of fighting people ranked below them, because they're not sure if they would win. It would be as popular as boxing if that was the sort of "fighters" he'd had when he was building up the sport. Fight fans would still be suffering through hours of hockey just for half a round!

Expecting elite level fighters to face random opponents on two days notice to cover the UFC's bottom line is asinine.

Dude, you joined in 2006. And you think Stephens is a random? No, Grandpa, I won't pull your finger!

better than virgin triggered sherdoggers who choose dana over fighters and use gifs instead of arguments

Wait, you're admitting you have no idea if you're right or wrong, you just look at who is on which side, and repeat whatever that side's line is?

So you don't even know if you agree with what you say! If you ever get around to thinking about the various ideas on either side of the argument, don't forget to ask yourself what you really think!

He's saying he did them a favor, but they're saying they don't need this sort of help.

You don't get to do things you believe benefit other people and then demand payment. Is he a professional fighter, or the guy who tries really hard to shine people's tennis shoes on the waterfront, and then demands $5 if he can make contact between the towel and the shoe?

What he needs is a better manager, better fans, and a business advisor.

Yeah, bottom feeder. The guy literally makes money off other people bashing each others heads in, not only this but he then has the gall to bitch about them.

its funny I was pissed he didnt take a fight, but I would have done exactly the same if I was in his position. I just wanted to see fights

If the media obligations are mandatory there should be some compensation

Back