British restaurants in the US - where are they ?

Defanged

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
British breakfasts look like they'd sell well.

full-english-breakfast035%2Bcopy.jpg

Lunch could be Bangers and Mash

Bangers-and-mash.jpg

Dinner is steak and mushroom pie:
Chunky%20Steak%20and%20Mushroom%20Pie.jpg

There's a lot of good British food. Not sure why they're not popular. Here in the US we have Chinese, Indian, Thai, Italian, etc ... that are all well received. Come on, let's give the Brits a chance !

Not deep fried enough.

I had one in my area only lasted about a year and thats just because of the beer selections. I think they had over 30 on tap

There's a few Irish places in SoFla I know of. Technically British

There's a few Irish places in SoFla I know of. Technically British
Yeah nah

Though, yeah, a lot of the traditional food is pretty much the same with some minor differences...Irish vs English breakfast, Ulster fry etc.

Not enough fat oozing out of it?
I like British food but the presentation is shit. I usually admire the lack of vanity, but not when it comes to food. Even the best looking British food looks like it's been done by some guy who just started cooking this morning and refuses to put down his cigarette. An earnest but butterfingered Uncle Ray Winstone is every British cook.

Every recipe ends with a thoughtful ash and a "Yeh. I fink I'll chop some chives and frow some onna. Classy, yeh?"

Not enough fat oozing out of it?

Ha....check out the English guy trying to get uppity about food! A plate with sausages all over no less.

You guys are near the bottom of the ladder when it comes to food and everyone knows it, sorry. Yeah , yeah the peasant strata of Americans eat too much processed/fatty shit , doesn't make your fucking pot pie or 2 sausages over mashed potatoes any less bland and basic.

To be fair Its understable , a lot of that stuff was created when salt was pretty much the only spice widely available.

Last edited by a moderator:
On a tangent speaking as a Brit
I can't get over Americans fascinations with pancakes
I went in IHOP in Vegas and literally every single person had like a ten stack of pancakes drowned in syrup
We have pancake day here which is one day of the year...
And that's about it...

Bangers-and-mash.jpg

There's a lot of good British food. Not sure why they're not popular. Here in the US we have Chinese, Indian, Thai, Italian, etc ... that are all well received. Come on, let's give the Brits a chance !

Surely you jest.
You know the difference between heaven and hell?
_____________heaven______hell
Police-------------British------------German
Bankers----------Jews-------------French
Mechanics------Germans--------Jews
Cooks------------French-----------British

I went in IHOP in Vegas and literally every single person had like a ten stack of pancakes drowned in syrup
And that's about it...

Yeah, I don't get the deal with fluffy, buttery pancakes, covered in syrup either.

I'd much rather have Heinz beans, a roasted tomato and mushrooms.

Surely you jest.
You know the difference between heaven and hell?
_____________heaven______hell
Police-------------British------------German
Bankers----------Jews-------------French
Mechanics------Germans--------Jews
Cooks------------French-----------British

Honestly though I think things have changed significantly over the last 20 years, I remember the quality of food eating out in France used to be a good deal higher than here in the UK now but if anything the reverse is true these days. Obviously there is cheap crap in both countries but if you say stop in a country inn/bar/pub I think your actually much more likely to get good food in the UK, loads of such places in france are stuck in a 70's timewarp.

To some degree I find the same is actually true in the US, in touristy areas anyway I think the quality of the food has improved greatly.

Lots of pubs, but that's about it.

Bangers-and-mash.jpg

What is that top dish? It looks good but can't quite make out the exact recipe.

I love English and Celtic foods. Who am I kidding I love any food I have never tried before. I Love traditional stuff the most.

And that's about it...

Dammit, now I'm craving me some IHOP pancakes !

I know in a few states that I've been to Mexican food rules the world. THat Brit food looks amazing though

Back