British restaurants in the US - where are they ?

i mean they still sell cadbury eggs, right?

beyond that, you got me. haven't seen any bacon buttys around since Heathrow

It's only traditional British food for another 2 generations. Then native brits will be a minority and next century they'll be gone completely via genetic dilution

yep, pork will be gone from diet. EVeryone will be eating shawerma, kofte kebabs, and drinking yogurt based drinks.

British breakfasts look like they'd sell well.

full-english-breakfast035%2Bcopy.jpg

Lunch could be Bangers and Mash

Bangers-and-mash.jpg

Dinner is steak and mushroom pie:
Chunky%20Steak%20and%20Mushroom%20Pie.jpg

There's a lot of good British food. Not sure why they're not popular. Here in the US we have Chinese, Indian, Thai, Italian, etc ... that are all well received. Come on, let's give the Brits a chance !
Britain lost. Get over it. We don't need that teeth destroying food here.

So you went to the "international house of pancakes" then were shocked at how many people were eating pancakes? Wow

You know what it could of been Denny's
actually was near The flamingo hotel I think :)

I really don't see the appeal. And I'm sure I'm not the only one. Too many better options out there.

Not of the kind of thing posted in this thread perhaps but trust me native british food can be far superior to that.

Why would anyone go to an iHop in Vegas???

Was starving and everywhere was packed and I dunno
Ended up in cheesecake factory if it makes you feel better
Hey I'd never been to America before

FfmBkbMX.jpg

Made this yesterday at home

Fish and chips

I used spinach as like a hand wrap

Traditional British food is bland and average I've never really 'gotten it'

Roast dinners are alright but I'm not about to get pumped about chicken gravy and veg

Fish and chips? HAH I've never given a fuck about that at all, as a kid I'd get chips and curry every now and again but I've never seen the attraction to fish and chips and it's expensive as fuck these days too (relative to the fact it's a takeaway)

Scones with cream and jam..
my god.. go to any seaside town or the Lake District and you can't move for these little fucking things, not only will they put about 20lbs on you per portion, I just find them boring as hell
I just view them as old people food'

You'll find most British people look forward to takeaway food more than they do traditional British food, hence why there's more Indian and Chinese takeaways than houses

And this is why I wanna live in the states, Mexican food is my jam

Traditional British food is bland and average I've never really 'gotten it'

Roast dinners are alright but I'm not about to get pumped about chicken gravy and veg

Fish and chips? HAH I've never given a fuck about that at all, as a kid I'd get chips and curry every now and again but I've never seen the attraction to fish and chips and it's expensive as fuck these days too (relative to the fact it's a takeaway)

Scones with cream and jam..
my god.. go to any seaside town or the Lake District and you can't move for these little fucking things, not only will they put about 20lbs on you per portion, I just find them boring as hell
I just view them as old people food'

You'll find most British people look forward to takeaway food more than they do traditional British food, hence why there's more Indian and Chinese takeaways than houses

And this is why I wanna live in the states, Mexican food is my jam

how is the chinese takeout in England? Is it similar to the Chinese takeout in States?

how is the chinese takeout in England? Is it similar to the Chinese takeout in States?

Erm well I've never had it in America but it's alright I guess, I have huge OCD gripes with takeout food but the China town in Manchester is really good, been there a few times

Not that different in my experience, maybe slightly sweeter in the US but both are generally Cantonese dishes. Pizza is more likely to be thinner Italian style here but there are plenty of US style chains as well.

The issue with a lot of traditional English meals is that people tend to associate them with bad cooking which obviously was the case a lot of the time in the past but culturally theres definitely been a big shift towards better quality food in the last 20 years or so. I live in a fairly small town in the west country and I could take you to over a dozen good country pubs within 15-20 mins drive.

Big fan of full breakfast. First time I had it was in Bangkok at a pub in early morning watching moto GP. Actually, only times I had it was in Bangkok pubs watching moto GP.

Not enough fat oozing out of it?

Huh? The difference between that breakfast and ours is taking out two fat sausage links and the ham for some small strips of bacon and ditching the beans, bread and tomatoes for like home fries and maybe waffles/pancakes. WTF Are you talking about?

There's nothing healthy about those fat sausage links and why would i want them on top of my mashed potatoes all drenched in some unhealthy gravy?

A fucking meat pie? Is that like so much healthier or tastier than a burger or steak with some veggies and potatoes?

Is black pudding a thing in America

Or is just another dirty weird English thing

Do you guys have chippies and kebab shops? Curry houses? Greggs sausage rolls? Sunday dinner with yorkshire pudding?

Back