Brock vs Fedor in 2009

Bigfoot was roided to the gills on his little surge.

No he wasn't. He was literally under enhanced testing at the point because the commissions were worried about his pituitary gland condition.

Fedor fans just desperately needed a reason to explain why he lost to Bigfoot, who the unknown Cormier KO'd with ease months later.

Last edited:
Those guys didn't even really stuff Brock's takedowns. Brock only shot one takedown on Overeem, and it was a half-assed single leg. Brock was known for his powerful double legs. Brock landed one takedown on Carwin in the second round, and he took Cain down right at the start of their fight. Overeem is literally the only opponent he didn't take down, and you could argue he barely even tried for the takedown.

Fedor doesn't exactly have great takedown defense, and just a couple of fights ago got taken down by Chael Sonnen, who despite having fantastic takedowns, is a middleweight. Sure, Fedor is way past prime, but I doubt Brock would have any trouble putting Fedor on his back. Could Fedor get back up? That's the question. Maybe he could even get the sub. But I think it's guaranteed that Brock would take Fedor down pretty quickly.
During Fedor’s initial undefeated run his takedown defense was 83%. It’s not correct to say he doesn’t have good takedown defense. Prime Fedor was pretty difficult to take down.

Fedor has the advantage in standup and submissions so he would most likely win. Yes Brock can get him down but he was knee barred easily by Mir and Fedor can slap on subs very fast. I don’t recall Brock ever going for mount in his fights either, and if he plays in Fedors guard he could get subbed. Standup is all Fedor. Brock could win via gnp but unlikely

Cain can stop Brock's TD's. And Brock still got 1 TD..
Fedor can't.. Especially by 2009.. Watch the Big Foot Fight..
The Bigfoot fight was 2 years later in 2011, and Fedor had gotten realllly sloppy by then. Even still Bigfoot had trouble getting Fedor down initially. Once it was clear that Fedor was only going to spam overhand rights, Bigfoot was able to time the takedown accordingly. Not so in rd 1
giphy.gif

Did you see what Rogers and Bigfoot did to Fedor on the ground? Brock finishes Fedor.
Bigfoot sure, but Rogers didn’t do much to Fedor on the ground. Looked pretty crazy in the moment, but Rogers missed most of his punches and Fedor attempted an armbar (which he might’ve gotten if the cage wasn’t in the way).

Fedor was still pretty precise, he only needs one shot to make Brock cower and finish him, he probably beats Brock worse than Cain tbh

People forget that Brock didn't like getting touched, and Fedor would make dudes crumple and stun the shit out of them pretty consistently.

I think you are perfectly correct... I think Fedor would be Kryptonite for Lesnar.

The far more interesting matchup would have been Fedor vs the Cain that beat Brock.... That would have been a bloodbath.... I think a coin flip, because each guy was so deadly at the time and could probably make the other look bad if they got a good break early.

Fedor had no interest in fighting in the UFC. His management wanted ridiculous things to make the deal happen.

Randy tried to get out of his UFC contract to fight Fedor outside the UFC because he knew damn well Fedor would never, ever fight in the UFC.

Dana to his credit did everything he could to get Fedor in the UFC and lets face it, Fedor is well known to the hardcore fans but the casuals have very little clue of who he was. The UFC would have changed that.

Fedor didn't want to be under the UFC banner

and no amount of money Dana threw at him could change his mind

Dana would not do a deal unless Fedor signed with UFC in case he won

2009 Fedor still had the youth and experience to light Brock up. Too quick and hard hitting with his striking. I could see Brock getting tagged on the feet and either back up/fall down or desperately spam for a double leg while getting hit. Always thought Fedor was a terrible match up for him. I dont think I would favor Brock at any point. Even now.

I can't imagine Fedor doesn't clip him and finish him but if Brock could get him down and keep him there, it would be interesting. I just don't think it would be that easy.

If Lesnar manages to get on top then its a bad night for Fedor. If not then its bad night for Lesnar.

At least he destroyed bigfoot silva not once by twice,it was a blood bath with the guy who toyed with fedor.i bet that the only loss that fedor fans can’t say it was a fluke ( not like any of his losses were flukes but whatever )

Literally every fedor Loss is a fluke.

Hard for me to believe Fedor wouldn't find his chin in a 3 or 5 round fight.

Also he would embark him if he got taken down IMO.

Worse than the Bigfoot violation.

He trained BJJ with Comprido Nedeiros, learned how to throw leg kicks and decent punches, and is the same as age as Fedor---not 12 years older...before anyone makes the idiotic comparison to Coleman.

Woulda been REALLY ugly and Fedor avoided it like the plague.

Woulda made 8 figures in AT&T Stadium

During Fedor’s initial undefeated run his takedown defense was 83%. It’s not correct to say he doesn’t have good takedown defense. Prime Fedor was pretty difficult to take down.

Throw him in there with Cain and Brock.

I like their chances of getting the TD and doing damage..

Throw him in there with Cain and Brock.

I like their chances of getting the TD and doing damage..
Definitely tough fights, especially coming around the time Fedor started to decline. Cain is the tougher of the 2 fights, I feel pretty good about Fedor’s chances with Brock. If the fight with Cain happens in ‘09, I lean towards Fedor winning that as well. But they’d be great fights to see.

But Fed's also came to struggle with big guys laying on him and Brock is topping out at near 380 on fight night so maybe if he got him down, some how avoided his nasty sub game, it might be like the Big Foot fight?

He cut 115 lbs. Holy shit if true

I think it would have looked like the Rogers fight. Some early adversity for Fedor because of the size but Brock would gas and get KO'ed or subbed.

No he wasn't. He was literally under enhanced testing at the point because the commissions were worried about his pituitary gland condition.

Fedor fans just desperately needed a reason to explain why he lost to Bigfoot, who the unknown Cormier KO'd with ease months later.

He failed the test in 2013 tho

Fedor is overall a much better grappler than Cain. Cain has a better power-double, and a better sprawl. That's about it. Fedor has better trips/throws, better guard, better sweeps, better subs, etc. Transitions; they are both excellent.

Delusional.
They both foght Bigfoot dude

Hendo hit a very basic single-leg/slde b immediately before KOing him

Back