Media Bryce Mitchell thanks Josh Emmett for not hitting him with follow up shots

Believing the earth is flat is apparently so heinous that half of sherdog is still relishing in his convulsions. The same people that are 1st to tell you what a POS person somebody(Colby, Jon, Dana etc) else is. I'm convinced most of them would have celebrated his death.
Jeff Monson was literally arrested for vandalizing and placing an anarchist symbol on a building and he was never scoffed at like this. Brian Bowles sold meth and still gets yearly threads. Anthony Johnson, Derek Lewis, Aleks Emelianenko, and the list goes on. Dozens. Jamahal Hill just beat the shit out of his brother. A single thread sufficed.

This kid is a sheltered religious fanatic and he’s caught more shit than all of them combined. Happy he’s convulsing and unconscious? The absolute fuck? Lol.

I’m neither religious nor think Earth is flat. Frankly i dont care what he says as long as he is a law abiding citizen. He fights respectfully and isn’t a PED cheat. Far bigger fish to fry. I cheered the KO because i like Josh and it was great. I certainly don’t relish in Thug Nasty’s suffering though.

Bryce has some questionable opinions and beliefs but has been super classy and shown great sportsmanship about this loss

if it were colby who went out like that, he'd still be protesting the result and calling that shit an early stoppage and acting like he got screwed by the deep state athletic commission and the trump-hating judge who stopped the fight.

It's unfortunate that people have such a hard time with other people's beliefs.

I don't need to agree with someone to appreciate them as a person.

Bryce seems like a kind, 100% authentic, hard-working, brave, motivated young man.

Dude stepped in the cage with a KILLER to save a fight, delivered us the only KO on the main card.
It is unfortunate. I don't agree with demonization of people you don't agree with because it is irrational. It ignores redeeming qualities and allows criticism to be disregarded as bias. I don't like Bryce's opinions, but he's a fun fighter to watch, he showed some class and sportsmanship here, and he deserves his props for it.

Believing the earth is flat is apparently so heinous that half of sherdog is still relishing in his convulsions. The same people that are 1st to tell you what a POS person somebody(Colby, Jon, Dana etc) else is. I'm convinced most of them would have celebrated his death.
Nah man. I'm sitting here avoiding liking any posts in this thread mocking his flat Earth stuff cuz it's not the point here. It's an incredibly sportsmanlike exchange and I like that.

This is despite the fact that, although I  usually try not to blame the victim of a con, I think any adult without a learning disability who falls for flat Earth is a fucking dope rube of the highest order and it's painful to know they reproduce and vote.

But again, that subject is called for only when it's called for, and it ain't called for here. Good on Josh for knowing when it was done, and thankful Bryce didn't take unnecessary damage. Lord knows he can't afford it

I mean the guy was clearly KTFO and twitching when he hit the floor, was easy enough to see no follow up shots were necessary. He did a follow up taunt though which was good.

People who claim to be atheists sure do preach a lot so they might as well get the tax write off for being insufferable, preachy loudmouths.
I rarely see atheist go out of their way to talk about the lack of God but I sure do see a ton of religious people go out of their way.

No, but you're making that up so its an absurd straw man argument.

People making fun of Bryce for being a loudmouth religious/conspiracy nutbar isn't the same as 'wishing death' on him, let alone everyone. What a completely stupid post, why would you even type that?
You're literally trying to justify disliking a guy who you deem to be borderline retarded because of his intellect.

to this day I don't know why this is not a rule more enforced...
If a fighter continues hitting a prone opponent, he should be punished for it!
There's PLENTY of proof that a point deduction can help fighters remember things (if, of course, enforced).
How can you give them a point reduction if they won by ko lol?

Thank you Josh Emmett for not adding to the already existing KO convulsion induced brain damage. A real hero.

How can you give them a point reduction if they won by ko lol?
Point reduction was an example. But they can certainly add financial penalty for the offense (i.e. up to 50k of their win bonus goes to their opponent), etc.

daef958b7aeea2ba786cd736c153bd634c6b8a20.gif

good shit guys !!

He was completely out unconscious on the fall down and collapsed into a dead heap bouncing off the canvas.

Its nice that Josh didn't follow-up but it would have been insane to start striking a dead person.
Derrick Lewis and Dan Henderson would have.

Back