Céad Míle Fáilte: The Irish Folk Music Thread...

3DaH.gif

Last edited:
Some of these songs are so wistful. Many are deep. Only on page two so far. Just want to thank everyone for the great thread.

Some more of my favorite tracks (more trad than folk, but...):

And something a bit Caledonian

Last edited:
Some of these songs are so wistful. Many are deep. Only on page two so far. Just want to thank everyone for the great thread.

Only discovered this thread on St Patrick’s day. Yet to go through the lot. So apologies in advance if these two have been posted, neither get the attention I think they deserve

And some are just catchy as fuck, a lot of it was dance music after all!

Well trad is folk lol, I mean it in a general sense
Some people call the singer/ songwriter/ balladeer types folk and the jigs and reels crowd trad. Obviously a lot of artists do both well.

Some people call the singer/ songwriter/ balladeer types folk and the jigs and reels crowd trad. Obviously a lot of artists do both well.

I know what you mean, just saying I'm using folk in the more generic sense. I've posted a lot of Paul Brady type "folk" as well as The Bothy Band type "trad". But it's all folk music

Dervish released a new album this year with guest vocalists on all tracks.

Powerful version of Athenry

Last edited:
Back