Cabbage steaks - have you tried these?

how does it heal the gut ?

Cabbage
As long as you have enough beneficial bacteria in your digestive tract, it should keep the disease-causing bacteria that can lead to ulcers in check. And one of the best ways to fortify the good bacteria in your gastrointestinal tract is by regularly including cultured and lactic acid–fermented foods in your diet. Foods such as homemade sauerkraut, yogurt, buttermilk, and pickled vegetables are all excellent for helping to maintain a healthy balance of gut bacteria.

But when it comes to ulcer treatment in particular, one lactic acid food stands out above the rest: cabbage juice. Decades before antibiotics, cabbage juice was successfully used to prevent or heal peptic and duodenal ulcers. In one study, it was shown that cabbage juice alone had a cure rate of over 92 percent in the treatment of these ulcers. This compared to about a 32 percent cure rate in those using a placebo or other treatment.

The dosage in the study consisted of only 50 mL of raw cabbage juice derived from a quart of freshly pressed cabbage. Based on numerous studies and early clinical work, researchers have begun to refer to this unknown ulcer-healing factor in cabbage as vitamin U.

Although in the above studies the cabbage juice wasn’t fermented, keep in mind that vegetables that grow close to the soil are naturally rich in beneficial lactic acid bacteria. That's why "starter cultures" aren't needed to ferment these vegetables, only salt and water.

Cabbage is also a reliable source of vitamin C, which has been found to be lower in the gastric juice of ulcer patients. So if you have ulcers, cabbage juice is a safe, effective, and inexpensive remedy. If you "culture" it or give it a chance to ferment, you'll experience even more benefits.

https://www.drdavidwilliams.com/ulcer-natural-treatments
https://draxe.com/red-cabbage/

It helps repair your stomach and heals ulcers, the Juice Tiger would drink it regularly he is 88 in this video from 2011 he passed away in 2017

Trust me you gotta try this. I love cabbage cooked pretty much in any way... I love coleslaw...or boiled with vinegar and salt. But cabbage steaks are my new favorite, hands down. Plus cabbage is really good for you. I've read that it even boosts your T levels, so if you don't eat much of it, you should. But have you guys tried cabbage steaks yet? It tastes WAY better than it sounds.

Just drizzle olive oil over the cabbage slices and top with garlic. Season cabbage with salt and pepper. Cover the dish with aluminum foil. Bake in preheated oven until the cabbage core is easily pierced with a fork, about 45 minutes. If you like it with a little crunch to it, you can cook it less than 45 mins. You can bake it, fry it in a pan, or grill it. It's good either way.

2-IMG_7526edit.jpg

IMG_1487-533x400.jpg

IMG_5759-320x320.jpg

Seasoned%20Cabbage%20Steaks_0448.jpg

31465e30e2220333ca76a0978eec14f5--grilled-meat-grilled-vegetables.jpg

grilled-cabbage-steaks-with-bacon-and-blue-cheese.ashx

Also feel free to post any coleslaw recipes here.
Listen I dont give a shit what anyone renames this, its called ROASTED CABBAGE! Thats it, its not a steak.

Yea I would eat that. I hate that its called a cabbage steak, instead of cabbage, or cabbage in the oven? I'm a big fan of vegetables. Actually that cabbage steak would go real well with a regular steak.

I think I made an ultra-comboooooo the other night!

I got some anti-pasta from the grocery store. It consists of cubed cheeses, chopped peppers, cubed sausage, with other meats. I baked my stakes drizzled with olive oil for 20 min at 400.

I turned them over, then topped them with the anti-pasta and baked them for another 20 min at 400.

It was amazing.

Not cabbage steaks but had black bean burgers the other night. Pretty good.

trying to eat more Vegan food - not totally off meat but trying to cut down a bit, especially red meat.

So........it's just cabbage cut into a 1/4" thick disc?

Please do this. Specifically ones for pairing with BBQ. I love me some 'slaw on a pulled pork sandwich.
Heh. At cookouts I usually make a BBQ sandwich with a thin layer of potato salad on one slice of bread, a thin layer of slaw on the other, then I put a thin layer of baked beans over the meat.

Also, cabbage is delicious in stir fry.

Should've wrapped it in bacon it would probably taste better.

I love cabbage but don't you ever call them steak again.

This is why the average testosterone levels in males are dropping.

is that a euphemism?

I like it all. Except for the really vinegary slaw. Nah. Not for me.
Lol no didn't even think about how that sounded. Lisa Anne was talking about getting one at a nice restaurant in NY.

Back