Caffeine withdrawals

facePuncher7

Founder of the militant wing of the Salvation Army
@Brown
Reaction score
I abused caffeine really badly when I was 20-22 and working a high stress job.

Eventually I started having panic attacks and quit cold turkey for a number of years.

Now I'm 30 and have been drinking coffee again for about a year. I can only handle very little, 1 x half strength cappuccino each morning and I'm jumping out of my skin.

I decided I want to quit again but am struggling with the withdrawals. First night I had horrible nightmares, woke up sweating although it was quite cold, raging headache etc.

It isn't heroine but god damn does it suck.

Ppl dont like to think of caffeine as a drug bc most ppl are stupid. It's an addictive substance; you get withdrawals when you quit holmes. Caffeine addiction is no joke.

You know your own body better than anyone else. Decide what the best schedule is for you. For instance, i drink coffee 3-4 days a week (1 cup) and I'm great. If i do 5-7 days a week consistently i get withdrawals too. Caffeine is a drug where with frequent use the cons outweigh the pros. Moderation is key. Good luck sir. You're a beast and will conquer!

Everyone drinks coffee - little children in Mexico drink coffee- its the lifeblood that fuels the dreams of champions! Stop your sniveling and drink more coffee!

Everyone drinks coffee - little children in Mexico drink coffee- its the lifeblood that fuels the dreams of champions! Stop your sniveling and drink more coffee!
guessing op is a chick.

I drank coffee once. Never again.

Ppl dont like to think of caffeine as a drug bc most ppl are stupid. It's an addictive substance; you get withdrawals when you quit holmes. Caffeine addiction is no joke.

You know your own body better than anyone else. Decide what the best schedule is for you. For instance, i drink coffee 3-4 days a week (1 cup) and I'm great. If i do 5-7 days a week consistently i get withdrawals too. Caffeine is a drug where with frequent use the cons outweigh the pros. Moderation is key. Good luck sir. You're a beast and will conquer!

Someone once said to me,

"I'm not addicted to coffee or anything like that. I just get really bad headaches when I don't drink it."

Op gets drunk off of one wine cooler.

I can only go one day without coffee. On the second day I get raging headaches. I like drinking it though and feel kinda blah until I get that shit in my belly.

The worst is when like the 3rd day of drinking it you don't feel the good effects. Instead it just totally makes your body feel wired in a bad way. Terrible for your central nervous system and sleep.

We had a coffee-off one night at work. The guy who won drank 23 espressos. I got to 19 before tapping out in a jittery fashion.

Terrible idea, would not do again.

Buncha pussies in this thread. Fucking coffee addiction lol

Don't quit cold turkey. Work your way down to one cup of coffee a day. Then switch to a high caffeine tea. Then switch to a medium caffeine tea. Then switch to a low caffeine tea. Then switch to a non-caffeinated tea.

We had a coffee-off one night at work. The guy who won drank 23 espressos. I got to 19 before tapping out in a jittery fashion.

Terrible idea, would not do again.
How is it even possible to make that many espressos? you work in a cafe?

Stop talking shit unless you've walked in our shoes mate
lol

I've literally quit opiates in one day cold turkey after years of being on them. Coffee is a joke

How is it even possible to make that many espressos? you work in a cafe?

Yeah, bar.

About halfway through the night everyone wanted to quit. I just recited some bullshit about embracing the grind and to tamp it the fuck down. I told them we'd do a shot to take the edge off.

15mls patron XO cafe/15mls Kahlua.

Don't quit cold turkey. Work your way down to one cup of coffee a day. Then switch to a high caffeine tea. Then switch to a medium caffeine tea. Then switch to a low caffeine tea. Then switch to a non-caffeinated tea.

Green tea makes me more wired than a double espresso.

lol

I've literally quit opiates in one day cold turkey after years of being on them. Coffee is a joke
Opiates are all mental. coffee is literally a physical addiction, the migraines are not a joke.

I used to drink 3-4 coffee a day plus 1-2 large energy drinks. I think Ive destroyed my adrenal glands or something, I just can't handle it at all anymore.

Back