News Cain Velasquez arrested on a charge of attempted murder for shooting at his relatives molester

Should Cain's friends or family have tried to stop him from making a huge mistake?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You're pointing out the obvious. I just don't think they will convict him on "attempted murder". It's a stretch given the circumstances.

Yeah this is one where you want a jury to be involved. No way he gets convicted of attempted murder. Although he f'ed up, he should have waited and followed the guy when he was alone.

I know it was a different time, but there's that famous case in the US from like the 80's where a father shot a child molester point blank in the head on live TV and did zero jail time.

Some people claim Pedo's have a disease, and should get treatment and support like Heroin addicts, and we should act like its not their fault. My idea for treatment is pretty simple.

Heroin addiction isn't the main issue with heroin addicts.

why should protecting your life or the life of others NOT be an option?
What the fuck are you talking about?

The only way I can protect myself or others is to have a 9MM? Cain is one of the greatest heavyweights of all time. All he had to do is beat the shit out of this guy.

Those who thinks the law is applied by how it's written is deluding themselves. There's so much politics in American legal system. A high profile case like this that involves child rapist getting shot will not get the same public support for conviction like in other cases.

I think Cain might pled down to a lesser charge and do a bit of time and community service. At the end of the day nobody died.

If it goes to a jury he might actually walk

From minute one, the guilty part hasn't even been on my mind. He did it. But WHY? No amount of "But he acted against the law" will get the jury back. They can't help but think about their sons, daughters, nieces, nephews, grandchildren, etc.

I have been wondering how the prosecution is going to proceed. They are VERY RELUCTANT to seat juries for this type of case. They are probably stalking Cain's lawyer offering plea deals. No great deals at first. Keep waiting.
The pedo stuff won’t even be allowed in court because the pedo wasn’t shot, the stepfather was. You guys are really hoping for too much, he shot the old man and he’s going to pay for that. The only questions right now are if the prosecutor will charge him with additional attempted murder charges for firing into that vehicle.

Those who thinks the law is applied by how it's written is deluding themselves. There's so much politics in American legal system. A high profile case like this that involves child rapist getting shot will not get the same public support for conviction like in other cases.

I think Cain might pled down to a lesser charge and do a bit of time and community service. At the end of the day nobody died.

If it goes to a jury he might actually walk

First. The alleged pedophile wasn't the one who was shot. It was his father in law who was in the same car.

"After following them for some time, Velasquez shot once at Goularte, prosecutors said. Velasquez then allegedly rammed his vehicle into theirs after a “more aggressive chase” and then shot several more times, hitting Goularte’s stepfather in the arm and torso. Velasquez then allegedly fled the scene.

That chase went on for about 11 miles."

Honestly, if he had waited outside the guy's house and beat the hell out of him I could see a lenient sentence. What he actually did is going to get him multiple years in prison.

Shockingly stupid what he did. Right out of a movie, even dumber considering his abilility to just beat them all up.

What the fuck are you talking about?

The only way I can protect myself or others is to have a 9MM? Cain is one of the greatest heavyweights of all time. All he had to do is beat the shit out of this guy.

Maybe the guy is packing himself, because you know, he could feel like there might be some people out to get him.

Yeah this is one where you want a jury to be involved. No way he gets convicted of attempted murder. Although he f'ed up, he should have waited and followed the guy when he was alone.

I know it was a different time, but there's that famous case in the US from like the 80's where a father shot a child molester point blank in the head on live TV and did zero jail time.
IIRC this was in court after significant gross and disturbing testimony. And I believe the guy got off from a temporary insanity plea? Also, he died, so I’m not sure who was going to realllllly defend him so much as they were going to defend the idea of fair justice. Cain followed a guy for 11 miles, fired several shots, etc. and they guy is very much alive and probably pissssssd. I think they are vastly different situations when you get into the weeds of it. But I am by no means an expert in legal stuff

Edit: read about it here. I’m too lazy to change my above conjectures even though they were not entirely correct
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_Plauché

This is from ESPN...Marc Raimondi

"The child, who is under 10, told an officer from the Santa Clara County Sheriff's Office on Feb. 24 that Goularte took him into the bathroom of a daycare center and touched the child's genitals, per a court document obtained by ESPN. The child said Goularte said not to tell anyone what happened and that this had occurred "100 times." In the court document, the child said he witnessed other kids go into the bathroom with Goularte as well."

I say fuck that guy, throw him with the lions at the zoo.
Hell yeah

This is from the article:

"Velasquez followed Goularte’s mother and stepfather as they traveled from their San Martin home to Morgan Hill to pick up Goularte and drive him to obtain the electronic monitoring device ordered by the court in the molestation case, according to prosecutors and charging documents filed Wednesday.
After Goularte got in his parents’ pickup truck, Velasquez shot at Goularte near Butterfield Boulevard and Cochrane Road in Morgan Hill, according to a San Jose police summary accompanying the criminal complaint."

So it looks like Cain planned on doing this.

Since I have kids I totally understand his action, but he's probably fucked in terms of law.
Specially after shooting the wrong person.
Well there goes my defense. He'll need a better lawyer than me. And why not shoot him before he got in the truck.

Yeah can’t just have vigilante murder anytime you deem revenge necessary. It wasn’t even a crime of passion, it was reckless, endangered others, and premeditated. Could have just beat the absolute fuck out of him and then reported the abuse and no one would have really gave a shit. Probably could have gotten a good lawyer looking for the positive press too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back