Cal Professor who went on Barbara Bush 'racist' rant may not be saved by tenure, could lose job

Her free speech protects her from being persecuted, not fired.

I wonder if there is a study linking attractiveness and political leaning

th
th

Uh, so? Do you think the state government can violate your 1st amendment rights?
My point was that government has nothing to do with it. The question is with the contract or agreement that she signed with the school.

“Controlling for socioeconomic status, we found that more attractive individuals are more likely to report higher levels of political efficacy, identify as conservative and identify as Republican.” Politics and the Life Sciences, 10/2017, Volym 36, Nummer 2

Since good-looking politicians win more votes, a beauty advantage for politicians on the left or on the right is bound to have political consequences. We show that politicians on the right look more beautiful in Europe, the United States and Australia.
Source: Journal of Public Economics, vol 146, Feb 2017, pages 79-86

My point was that government has nothing to do with it. The question is with the contract or agreement that she signed with the school.
But the government does have something to do with it since she's employed by the government.

Actually to a certain extent it is the appropriation angle though I don't like using the term. As another example, consider this
justin-trudeau-india-922823.jpg

Look how fucking stupid he's looks, its not unrelated to the fact that he has no serious roots or connection to the culture while trying to superficially engage in it. I'm not saying white people should never belly dance or wear traditional Indian clothing but when you're dipping your toes into the culture for superficial reasons it shows.

As an example look at G Willow Wilson, I don't agree with everything she says but she converted to Islam and married an Egyptian so she's not exactly dipping her toes into that culture. Not saying you have to go that far to appreciate Oriental culture but you should at least know what it is you're engaging with. Does anyone believe your average belly dancing white girl or Trudeau knows jackshit about these cultures?

This is what made the British Empire so great; we didn't give a fuck about other nation's cultures. We knew ours was better. So we just raped, pillaged and burned countries like India and China.

Ah, the Good Old Days are gone forever...:(

This is what made the British Empire so great; we didn't give a fuck about other nation's cultures. We knew ours was better. So we just raped, pillaged and burned countries like India and China.

What do you mean "we" you Scottish dog? It was the Britons who did it.

Just leaving this here.

It's unfortunate that this is what passes for a professor these days.

She is the least eloquent professor of English I have ever heard speak.

Just leaving this here.

thats a lady! legs spread wide. but seriously, i guess i am a horrible person because iwould look at those 3 and before they opened their mouth i would have already determined that they are fuckingmorons and i would have no interest in interacting with them in any way

Who are the Britons?

Technically, the Welsh.

When the Romans conquered what would become England, they forbade the native Britons from being warriors. This worked fine as long as the Roman Legions were there to provide security, but when they withdrew, the Britons were faced with a major problem: the Picts.

Rome had never managed to completely subdue northern Britain(what would become Scotland). The Picts were savage fighters, the land and climate was harsh and difficult to fight in. Eventually the Romans decided it wasn't worth the effort and built the Walls to keep the barbarians away from the "civilised" South.

Without the Legions to man the Walls, the Picts raided ever deeper into England. Unable to stop them, the Britons paid Germanic mercenaries, the Angles and Saxons, to do their fighting. Unfortunately the Anglo-Saxons quickly realised it was far easier and more lucrative to conquer the rich south of the country than go fight the savage northern tribes. They eventually drove the Britons into what would become Wales.

Last edited:
But the government does have something to do with it since she's employed by the government.
I think I need to restate my point.

Free speech is not the only thing that governs her code of conduct as a teacher. There is a much more stringent standard that applies overtop that, and that is what I believe will ultimately decide this issue. I am speculating in part.

main-qimg-6dc81550ef1f691738ab83486323c043-c

I like the new British, things will be different this time. Right?

Technically, the Welsh.

When the Romans conquered what would become England, they forbade the native Britons from being warriors. This worked fine as long as the Roman Legions were there to provide security, but when they withdrew, the Britons were faced with a major problem: the Picts.

Rome had never managed to completely subdue northern Britain(what would become Scotland). The Picts were savage fighters, the land and climate was harsh and difficult to fight in. Eventually the Romans decided it wasn't worth the effort and built the Walls to keep the barbarians away from the "civilised" South.

Without the Legions to man the Walls, the Picts raided ever deeper into England. Unable to stop them, the Britons paid Germanic mercenaries, the Angles and Saxons, to do their fighting. Unfortunately the Anglo-Saxons quickly realised it was far easier and more lucrative to conquer the rich south of the country than go fight the savage northern tribes. They eventually drove the Britons into what would become Wales.

Dude.

I was making an allusion to this (1:10):

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back