International Calling it now: Far right President will be elected in France in 2022.

Zemmour is incredibly good at tapping the feelings of French Patriotism and Pride that every French has.
Hence why his declaration video has 2.8M views and his book is #1 sold on Amazon.
Never heard of this guy before but I watched one of his speeches on youtube just now. This guy is a right wingers wet dream. He knows what words to use and speaks with eloquence. Whether or not he becomes president I have no clue but rest assured this guy is going to do some serious damage.

So he just needs to motivate a portion of the apathetic voters, will the French buy into the appeal of him not being your typical politician like Americans did with Trump though?

This is exactly it. Can he create a mass movement and "excitement" as the problem is just that most French voters don't give a S elections & politics in general (very disillusioned by what they see as a "corrupt/rigged" system).
Frankly I think there hasn't been such buzz about a candidate for the past 40 years.
Unless he screws up massively, he can really mobilise the apathetic. Ultimately it will be a math game. Can he get all if not most right wing votes (from Le Pen voters and center right) and generally French of all creed who want security fixed? Because he will get zero votes for sure from all immigrant groups and the left wing which will vote Macron (ironically) to stop Zemmour.

And ironically if I remember correctly, Trump did not win mathematically in terms of votes. In both elections.
In France there is no electoral college, Zemmour will need to win the most French votes. So its really a battle of whether he can motivate voters to actually vote.

If he makes an alliance with Le Pen and both avoid to be drowned in some bullshit media scandal they can definitively win.
Le Pen party has been the second party in all big elections for a decade and have not the same base as Zemmour : FN is globally low-income and attracts people from the far-left, Zemmour is more high-income and drag "regular" right people.

Then shit will probably hit the fan.

Never heard of this guy before but I watched one of his speeches on youtube just now. This guy is a right wingers wet dream. He knows what words to use and speaks with eloquence. Whether or not he becomes president I have no clue but rest assured this guy is going to do some serious damage.

It's almost hilarious how far he goes without politically correct filter whatsoever, but this is why this guy is going so viral.
He's telling what "French people don't dare say in public" and that's why he's hitting a cord. And the crazy thing is the more he gets going the more he gets unfiltered, he was nowhere near as politically incorrect even 5 years ago.

And the UK has open borders. Once migrants land on the UK coast, they are guaranteed food, shelter, medical treatment and free legal representation. Indeed, it's a sore point for many Brits just how much is spent on them and how long to takes to kick the buggers out if it's found they have no right to be here.

Uk is now (should be) an independt country. So it has borders, technically. EU is a liberal body which has no internal borders inbetween different countries. Only pay tax cabines for roads. Migrants are coming en swarms.

With all due respect, I believe Zemmour can speak to the broad French base better than Macron can.
Macron is infamously nicknamed "Jupiter" for his increasing distancing from the French people and incomprehensible "technocratic/corporate" speak that seems like he is talking to an investment bank board of directors.

Zemmour is incredibly good at tapping the feelings of French Patriotism and Pride that every French has.
Hence why his declaration video has 2.8M views and his book is #1 sold on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.fr/gp/bestsellers/books/301966/ref=zg_b_bs_301966_1

here the pitch: paint Zemmour as an out-of-touch, racist wind-bag, who has been sitting behind a desk most of his life. If it wasn’t for COVID, France business would be at an all-time high… Zemmour will alienate our global partners, etc.

Zemmour spent too much time pussyfooting around, too. You have to be solid as a politician, bc any wavering leads to questions — questions about heart, no matter where the election takes place. Macron had people in the streets, his numbered weren’t good, but those people aren’t going to amass for Zemmour. I don’t think.

Not a chance (unfortunatly).
We are doomed. Like in all european western countries, we will die from our stupidity.
1) Demography will do its work, and 2) people are too dumb to realize that politics are not working for the common good, but to expand their powers, currently using ecology and covid to pass rogue laws (next step : end of cash).

Wonder what the percentage of their population is no longer participating in any meaningful manner? Bet it’s around 20% now. They have to kick them out or they will be drowned by those that seek to live without contributing

I have no idea, 20 percent would seem like a decent guess. France is seriously fucking screwed.

here the pitch: paint Zemmour as an out-of-touch, racist wind-bag, who has been sitting behind a desk most of his life. If it wasn’t for COVID, France business would be at an all-time high… Zemmour will alienate our global partners, etc.

Zemmour spent too much time pussyfooting around, too. You have to be solid as a politician, bc any wavering leads to questions — questions about heart, no matter where the election takes place. Macron had people in the streets, his numbered weren’t good, but those people aren’t going to amass for Zemmour. I don’t think.

"Out of touch racist wind-bag" will not work due to the real life experience of most French people, who know about deteriorating security in all major cities.
I do fully agree that Macron, who is backed by the "money interests" (corporations, etc) will for sure try to present Zemmour Presidency as chaotic for France.
The key is whether in the debate, Zemmour will be able to answer. And the crazy thing is that I believe he has the oratory to do so.
He will say that in fact it is Macron Presidency which has destabilised France, made us more of a puppet to Germany, etc.
He can even point to Macron's management of Covid and "tyrannical" laws regarding this to gain points.

I do agree that the very important thing is that Zemmour presents himself as a stable candidate.
Because the "bourgeois" French voter hates chaos.

Won't win but definitely will continue to push Macron and all western Europe to the right
And that's a good thing. Maybe they'll stop offering their asses to the third world. If western Europe wants to keep their cultures alive they can't keep going this way. Simple as that.

I have no idea, 20 percent would seem like a decent guess. France is seriously fucking screwed.

We have at least 25% of the population which is not "ethnically French" (mostly North Africans).
And among the very young (zoomer generation), up to 40-50% are not French already in most big cities.
Make no mistake, Zemmour is only a symptom of massive demographic change in France.

This graph shows newborn in France based on nationality of the mother only.
2020 they show 36% of birth mothers from outside Europe.
2050 the predictive model goes to 50+%
And that is only mother, and tells nothing of the father, so the statistics are even higher.
We are indeed very F.
realrepack.png

LoL at your jab at the end with "follower of religion of peace". I don't think it's offensive if Chinese or Eastern Europeans or Muslims want to keep their name, nor do I find anglicizing of "frenchising" your name that big of a step towards integration. I'm more of a believer that speaking the language, being a law abiding citizen and living with everyone and not just your community is the more pragmatic measurement for that. But I understand that those ideas you mentioned are popular today and make their way in our societies and why. Not here to prove a point honestly just giving my two cents.
Well therein lies the issue doesn't it? When your religion dictates things contrary to the laws where you move to, and religion is the basis for your internal compass, you do not assimilate. You do not live with others because they are not pure. You do not learn the languages, dress similar, because much of that contradicts your religious law. Not to mention that economies are not built for mass immigration, they tend to be fragile to begin with. These immigrants take up way too much resources and public aid. Not their fault, it is just the way it is. I couldn't move to China and make a living easily and I'm college educated. If 50,000 of people like me went there at once, what would we do? Live off of the system. Now multiply that and throw in mostly uneducated, low skilled folks? Mass immigration will cripple the world. The solution is to hold the countries accountable that these people are fleeing from. CUT them off financially until they set up governments that the people are not fleeing from. I see immigrants in Shitholes in Brooklyn....the only difference is here they get free food and shelter.

"Out of touch racist wind-bag" will not work due to the real life experience of most French people, who know about deteriorating security in all major cities.
I do fully agree that Macron, who is backed by the "money interests" (corporations, etc) will for sure try to present Zemmour Presidency as chaotic for France.
The key is whether in the debate, Zemmour will be able to answer. And the crazy thing is that I believe he has the oratory to do so.
He will say that in fact it is Macron Presidency which has destabilised France, made us more of a puppet to Germany, etc.
He can even point to Macron's management of Covid and "tyrannical" laws regarding this to gain points.

I do agree that the very important thing is that Zemmour presents himself as a stable candidate.
Because the "bourgeois" French voter hates chaos.

In the spectator, they sort of said (reading between the lines) that his campaign was flushing cash. Macron is a very good politician. He never has to worry about money.

Trump did it. He won the election, taking it away from the favorite. And you know what? It was horrible for the country. The same thing would happen if Zemmour actually pulled this off. Idiots in the streets left and right. Conflict. That’s all macron needs to talk about.

Well therein lies the issue doesn't it? When your religion dictates things contrary to the laws where you move to, and religion is the basis for your internal compass, you do not assimilate. You do not live with others because they are not pure. You do not learn the languages, dress similar, because much of that contradicts your religious law. Not to mention that economies are not built for mass immigration, they tend to be fragile to begin with. These immigrants take up way too much resources and public aid. Not their fault, it is just the way it is. I couldn't move to China and make a living easily and I'm college educated. If 50,000 of people like me went there at once, what would we do? Live off of the system. Now multiply that and throw in mostly uneducated, low skilled folks? Mass immigration will cripple the world. The solution is to hold the countries accountable that these people are fleeing from. CUT them off financially until they set up governments that the people are not fleeing from. I see immigrants in Shitholes in Brooklyn....the only difference is here they get free food and shelter.

All what you are saying makes sense but for some reason all our classic liberal politicians in Europe (Macron, Merkel, etc) have done the opposite and thought it a good idea to keep borders totally open with the liberal idea of free movement of labor, lowering labor cost, etc.

Candidates like Zemmour don't come out of the woodwork for fun. They come out because the classical liberal assumption of government has failed Europe.
Denmark, Hungary, Poland, Norway, etc. have already completely changed their attitudes towards border control.

In the spectator, they sort of said (reading between the lines) that his campaign was flushing cash. Macron is a very good politician. He never has to worry about money. Trump did it. He won the election, taking it away from the favorite. And you know what? It was horrible for the country. The same thing would happen if Zemmour actually pulled this off. Idiots in the streets left and right. Conflict. That’s all macron needs to talk about.

I think Trump was an amazing showman/campaigner but just terrible President.
But Zemmour I think would be a great President. He's not a clown (sorry for insult) like Trump, worried about Twitter.
Zemmour has a solid core program, he would conduct massive overhaul of the entirety of France.
Zemmour is presenting himself against Macron's largely negative track record as a politician running France.

It's incomparable to compare the two personalities of Trump/Zemmour, except the Patriotism bit.
Zemmour is a true French Patriot with a repertoire of books detailing a solid and coherent ideology.
You can't say this of an upstart like Trump with opportunistic ideology.

here the pitch: paint Zemmour as an out-of-touch, racist wind-bag, who has been sitting behind a desk most of his life.

Cause other politics are hard working blue collars that intermingle with all kind of people I guess. If anything, being a journalist for decades and fresh to politics makes him ten times more tuned to what's going on in the country from a normal person's pov compared to the whole politician class.

France business would be at an all-time high… Zemmour will alienate our global partners, etc.

People are more than tired of this "economy is everything" discourse and way of ruling.

All what you are saying makes sense but for some reason all our classic liberal politicians in Europe (Macron, Merkel, etc) have done the opposite and thought it a good idea to keep borders totally open with the liberal idea of free movement of labor, lowering labor cost, etc.

Candidates like Zemmour don't come out of the woodwork for fun. They come out because the classical liberal assumption of government has failed Europe.
Denmark, Hungary, Poland, Norway, etc. have already completely changed their attitudes towards border control.
The thing that irritated me most about Merkel's open invite in August of 2015 is her position on multiculturalism. She's on record opposing it saying it doesn't work. And she's right, but for whatever reason acted the opposite.

Hungary has always had the same stance on border control since the Treaty of Trianon (thanks France). They know what happens to your population when you let others fuck with your borders. They just couldn't do anything about it until recently.

Not a chance (unfortunatly).
We are doomed. Like in all european western countries, we will die from our stupidity.
1) Demography will do its work, and 2) people are too dumb to realize that politics are not working for the common good, but to expand their powers, currently using ecology and covid to pass rogue laws (next step : end of cash).

While what you've written is true, there's certain Politics and parties that use this. Not all of them.
If you are unsatisfied, maybe you should vote for the other side of the political spectrum... but hey... it's not what you expected.
Which ones use ecolocy and co-vid in their programs?!? ))) Maybe the far right ones?
People are unsatisfied but continue to vote the same way and elect practically the same type of people.
You can't expect a different result by voting the same way.

The thing that irritated me most about Merkel's open invite in August of 2015 is her position on multiculturalism. She's on record opposing it saying it doesn't work. And she's right, but for whatever reason acted the opposite.

It was an experiment that failed. A blunder. THE blunder of an otherwise pretty solid chancellorship.
It has created a huge cleavage in Germany's "welcome culture" and people are no longer unanimously pro immigration.
In fact the leader of one of the main German party (CSU) and current minister under Merkel, Horst Seehofer, has same positions as Orban on immigration.
And generally speaking the German government I believe, even under the new coalition, will never be as pro-immigration as it used ot be.

https://www.reuters.com/world/europ...s-polish-border-interior-minister-2021-11-18/

Back