Can Omalley crack Chito's chin?

DjolexMTL

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I know this fight is in a long time, but I've been wondering about it.

Chito has a granite chin and has never been knocked out or subbed.

Do you see Omalley finishing him?

Maybe. Chito does have a great chin though, can't even remember him being particularly hurt in a fight, and he's only 30, so there's little danger of him getting his chin cracked through age for a few years yet.

Sean is really accurate which is his main thing, he doesn't seem to hit super hard. The only guys he's KOed flush in the UFC are a very old Eddie Wineland who gets stopped every fight these days, and Thomas Almeida who doesn't have a great chin, and he hit him with a huge downward shot while Almeida was grounded, and the back of his head to the canvas. Making it a much more powerful shot than a standing punch.

I'm leaning towards a decision if Sean wins.

I'm sure this will incur the wrath of many but the first fight was such a fluke it's embarrassing. O'Malley is going to make it look like level 1 in Duck Hunt
How is that a fluke? That's not the first fight where his legs failed him.

Not only Chito has a good chin he is also a big motherfucker. Im so looking forward to this fight.

Lol at granite chin. The guy can take a shot but let's not get carried away. I can't even recall the last time he was hit THAT hard.
To answer your question, Sean could very well rattle his brain enough with a clean shot.
The thing is Chito employs a very tight guard that's hard to sneak through with just straight punches. There's more to it than just his chin which you guys are vastly overrating.

How is that a fluke? That's not the first fight where his legs failed him.

Because we've seen thousands of calf kicks, but only a handful of times has a single calf kick resulted in "drop foot".

I think O'Malley can crack any chin at that weight. But doesn't mean he does. But I do see him winning.

O'Malley is getting into his prime now, and he's got a reach and speed advantage, whereas Chito is somewhat of a can ... and appears to be getting slower.

I impression is that O'Malley seems to have improved significantly, while Vera (if anything) appears to be stagnant or slipping.

Lol at granite chin. The guy can take a shot but let's not get carried away. I can't even recall the last time he was hit THAT hard.
To answer your question, Sean could very well rattle his brain enough with a clean shot.
The thing is Chito employs a very tight guard that's hard to sneak through with just straight punches. There's more to it than just his chin which you guys are vastly overrating.
If you have 31 pro MMA fights (20 of them in the UFC) and you've never been finished, you have a granite chin.

Which happens first?

Omalley cracks Chitos chin
Chito crack Omalleys shin
Bell rings end R5

No decisions here. Sean wins practically every moment of the fight, including the last moment imo.

O'Malley is getting into his prime now, and he's got a reach and speed advantage, whereas Chito is somewhat of a can ... and appears to be getting slower.

I impression is that O'Malley seems to have improved significantly, while Vera (if anything) appears to be stagnant or slipping.
I wouldn't knock Chito that much, he seems like a good fighter, quality skills and durable. I'm not a fan of his pace though and really think that falling behind on scorecards is a bad strategy. That being said, I do think O'Malley has proven he is very good and improving, I'd favor him by a meaningful margin.

Back