Can someone explain Elias Theodorou ranking and push by UFC?

Santos is a light heavyweight now and Boetsch shouldn't be ranked over Theodorou by any means, he's a slow 38 years old bruiser who is a like a turtle on his back.
Since Theodorou made his debut, Boetsch is 4-6 on UFC. Theodorou is 8-2.

If you're dropping Santos from the rankings then Theodorou should be top 15 after his last win and should be just ahead of Boetsch now. I think Boetsch's record would be better if they swapped competition. I was mistaken about Theodorou having fought Boetsch but that would be a good next fight for him, or someone like Hall or Tavares.

I mixed up Theodorou with Josh Samman who's a similarly boring fighter that got a push from the UFC.
Samman died from an overdose of cocaine, heroin and pain killers more than 2 years ago.

Samman died from an overdose of cocaine, heroin and pain killers more than 2 years ago.

Yeah, I just found that out. Such a shame that opiods are a massive problem in the US that our politicians just want to ignore(because the issue starts with Pharmaceutical companies). I wish our politicians would start doing something about this widespread problem but it probably won't happen till they overturn the "corporations are people laws".

It would also be nice if they did something about mislabeling things as something different than they are because the group that fought for and got corporations to be considered people is called Citizens United which sounds good till you realize it's a bunch of corporations that fought to get more political power for corporations over government rather than the citizens.

OP never met Elias in person, he's a super handsome dude.

Somebody high up at WME must have met him and been like, "Push this dude"

Pretty simple actually.

Nah.

GSP is not even close to being in Elias' territory.

Other than Hendricks, there were no close GSP wins.

He would dismantle opponents , with 50-45 scores very common.

Elias does the bare minimum in hopes of scooping up another split decision win.

Didn't ever say he was anywhere near GSPs skill level

The Spartan might be one of the least powerful middleweights I've seen, but he manages to win a lot of fights and not take too much damage in the process. 16-2 and never been finished.

He's hung around in the UFC since 2014, and not taken a ton of damage, despite the fact he is not a particularly talented fighter. Can't say as I'm a fan, but I do have some respect for what he's managed to accomplish.

That being said, if they ever do match him up with one of the top guys, he'll soon be on his way to the hospital.

His UFC record is quite good so that's why he cracked the top 15. I agree though, his fights are not exciting, he isn't a big risk taker.

ever since Norman Parke got cut this dude has consistently been the most boring fighter in the UFC

his fights are as bad as it gets

Hes not explosive enough to ever be in the top echelon but hges good looking and marketable

Edit: I mixed up mixed up Theodorou with Josh Samman when I thought Theodorou fought Boestch cause they both have long hair are boring most of the time and seem to have gotten hyped due to their looks rather than their fighting skills.[/QUOTE

A little respect please, Samman died a while ago

Im sorry but you should leave the real martial arts and go see wwe or sth.
8-2 on ufc (11-2 with the show) both losses close one very
controversial Hate all you want amateurs numbers never lie.

Name one 8-14 md who can beat him.one . Shoeface koed by grandpa Kelly. Cannonier wont breathe after a round. Hall ?? How the f.... Hall is ranked 11 he shouldnt fight even in bellator.

I want my boy to fight rockhold for the most beautiful ufc fighter

I might be on the Theodorou wagon - the guy trains part time, has the most awkward style and is 8-2 in the UFC? Full-time Elias could probs be champ.

They need a charismatic handsome Canadian to market soon. Tuf winner, unorthodox style on top of those things it seems they have found there pick.
Nah they have Oliver Aubein Mercier. A great pick, only problem is he can't win fights as often as Elias Descision Theo.

I can't. He's a boring point-fighter, and I rooted for Anders, even though I'm Canadian, too.

Back