Can we please stop pretending there is such a thing as a "UFC title"? | Page 4

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Get_that_yayo, Nov 13, 2017.

1. GTS Black Belt

GTS
    Only to plebs that have never seen or do not understand Arrested Development.

2. kflo Gold Belt

kflo
    Tell me how Mosley got a title shot in a higher weight class coming off a loss? Tell me what value a sanctioning body has if they don’t rank all the fighters?

The idea that the sanctioning bodies provide more legitimacy and meritocracy is a joke. A literal laughing stock. And lol at quoting fuckin congressmen.

3. UhHuhSure Brown Belt

UhHuhSure
    <DisgustingHHH>

4. GTS Black Belt

GTS
    You've been saying you're done with this argument, yet won't go away. You've spent the bigger part of the discussion proving that you are 1. wrong. and 2. A child that had to turn to insults.

I wish you could understand how obvious it is you know you are in way over your head since you are trying to insult your way out of the conversation while claiming you won't read replies, yet you do because you can't go without defending yourself because you've been mentally backed into a corner. You're practically begging the mods to ban you to save yourself the embarrassment you SHOULD be feeling.

kflo and zuffazombee like this.
  5. hillelslovak87 Red Belt

hillelslovak87
    How I met your Mother?!
    [​IMG]

Mr.Maelstrom likes this.
  6. UhHuhSure Brown Belt

UhHuhSure
    1) I've proved my points repeatedly.

2) The guy insulted me first. I've encountered him on here before. Your opinion about it means nothing.

3) You can take your thoughts on what I SHOULD feel and fuck off BITCH.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
  7. DaGenius Silver Belt

DaGenius
    To the point and angle the TS makes, Ill never call the ufc belt meaningless in the sport of mma but I will say it’s the least meaningful today as it has ever been...

8. kflo Gold Belt

kflo
    You proved Dana didn’t say what you claimed he said. And you tried to put boxing on some moral pedestal compared to the ufc and now you’re backing away. And no I didn’t start the name calling. That was you in your first reply. Run along.

9. kflo Gold Belt

kflo
    That’s bullshit

10. UhHuhSure Brown Belt

UhHuhSure
    Wrong. Go back and reread what I posted.

Your tone with me was wrong when you quoted me. You might not have started the name calling in this thread, but that started in another thread where you were being a shill. I believe in a Ronda/Cyborg thread.

11. DaGenius Silver Belt

DaGenius
    Haha. Ok right back at cha.

It’s a marketing and promotional tool more than a pure sporting trophy signifying the best fighter in a division. It’s never going to be nothing or zero value as given your druthers you’d certainly rather have it as a fighter than not.. Trend of title fights being the “most marketable” fight as opposed to purely who’s next in line I expect to continue.

It’s not wrong from a business perspective per se and I would likely do it similar to ufc management in terms of title fights but doing it like this means that it has less relative value than say the NBA title, World Cup or something similar

Mr.Maelstrom and UhHuhSure like this.
  12. kflo Gold Belt

kflo
    Go back and read my first post and your fuckin response. Don’t just keep fuckin lying. And when the fuck was a Ronda cyborg thread? You’re mad because you posted trash and were called out on it.

13. kflo Gold Belt

kflo
    My only point is its nothing new and the majority of the time the fights that get made make sense. In most divisions you have the right guy at the top. and most of their challenges are against guys who earned it. It’s silly to argue it’s never been like this when Randy was getting title shots in the higher weight class coming off a loss or tuff winner title shots.

Mr.Maelstrom likes this.
  14. UhHuhSure Brown Belt

UhHuhSure
    Yeah I called you a shill because thats how you've presented yourself in both threads we've argued.

Look at yourself. You cant quote me without cussing and being full of piss n vinegar. This whole thread is full of examples how the UFC chooses what match ups they want. The whole UFC section is filled with threads of potential matchups showing the same very thing, yet here you are wanting to argue semantics of "sports entertainment". Get real man people have other shit to do then argue strawmen who move goal posts.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
  15. DaGenius Silver Belt

DaGenius
    It’s not new but I feel the situation has been deteriorating over the last few years. Randy is a great example (and I used to get a lot of heat here questioning his shots) but I would say that the ufc belt meant “more” by itself 6-7 years ago than it does right now.

16. ocfightfan Gold Belt

ocfightfan
  17. UhHuhSure Brown Belt

UhHuhSure

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/ufc-getting-beat-down-in-front-of-congress.3659167/
    LOL<JonesDXSuckIt>

18. da best eva Purple Belt

da best eva
    If it is not real then what is this

IMG_0258.JPG

19. kflo Gold Belt

kflo
    Mr.Maelstrom likes this.
  20. UhHuhSure Brown Belt

UhHuhSure
    The thread is about whether the titles are legit and our arguement is whether the UFC is running a legit sport.

The funny thing is, you kept calling me a liar and asked for proof. You realise that is a video of the transcript that was post earlier in this very thread. Got your ass whooped again boi.