Can you name a fighter who easily defeated Nate Diaz?

Dude, I hope Nate is as good as you think he is!

But he simply does not fight enough...

There is no way youn can state he is now in his “prime”. Not with his last two performances at 170..... great scraps mind you... but he has given zero evidence of fixing the wrestler shaped holes in his game, or evolved to deal with competent leg kicks.

This almost smells like ill fated attempt to make Conor look good... No
Well, that the absolute best we've ever seen him. What exactly would you call It then? To me that looked like a fighter truly coming into his own and entering his peak, finally stepping out of the shadow of his brother and performing to his full potential.

He's not indestructible, styles make fights and we haven't really seen him tested again In that sense. A few notes though, It's not wrestlers but fighters who can wrestle with excellent top game that are able to nullify his otherwise very good bottom game. A big thing that allowed guys to do that as easily as they did was Nate spent most of his career as a toothpick. Many fighters held massive strength advantages over him. He's stated that he spent most of his career @ LW eating predominantly raw vegan. He's eating far more animal / building foods currently and Is clearly more filled out and stronger. He's spent the last 4 years training with Kron Gracie, while that Is presumably still a clear way to victory against him..I doubt It will be anywhere near as easy as It had been In the past. Also worth noting that those fights all happened In a pre usada era.

If he's not In his prime / peak as a fighter..what exactly do you call It then? Him not fighting enough in the last 2 years means he's been inactive, it doesn't mean he isn't in his prime..

I'm not trying to make Conor look good necessarily, but I do think Nate's current Incarnation Is highly underrated

Not that it matters though, because he doesn't fight but still

Last edited:
Yep

Least competitive fight Nate has ever been in is the Rory fight, can’t really say JT was dominating him till that kick

RDA put a beating on him too, Nate came in out of shape during his contract dispute (one of them I guess)

Yeah Moose made Rory his bitch 4 sure. But dude moved up a weight class. Still...straight terrible performance.
So you say it but with "explanations"...Mhm.
Didn't Nate move up a class as well? Wasn't this at WW?

Thomson
11-Nate-Diaz-vs.-Josh-Thomson-3-1.gif

Gif ends before Thomson gets sexually assaulted

RDA beat him pretty clearly

So you say it but with "explanations"...Mhm.
Didn't Nate move up a class as well? Wasn't this at WW?

Yeah I guess it was....I forgot that shit.

Good on him but he got owned still. Which was my point bc this thread is about Nate.

Yeah I guess it was....I forgot that shit.
Usually I don't believe sherdogers....but I'll make an exception for you.:D
Fair enough it is.

Edit: Stop changing your post you weirdo.
I know it was your point but you said Rory "made him his bitch" with that UD while Rory got shattered and tapped out and yet you put those two on the same level.

So actually, not fair enough. I take that back (for some reason I felt too generous).

Last edited:
Many boxers, martial artists, fighters, analysts and others would agree. Probably the best boxer we've seen in MMA thus far, one of the best strikers we've seen in MMA period . It's not like I'm the only one saying / thinking these things. You don't get Sugar Ray Leonard of all people to show love to your boxing If you are not legit.

He definitely didn't look that way against Khabib though, without a doubt. Why, Is up for debate. Probably a combination of factors.

It doesn't change what he's demonstrated up to this point though

Nate has been given a lot of praise from Andre ward who he's trained with for years and even Amir Khan, who has no dog in the fight / any sort of bias. Getting shown love from pro boxers as an MMA fighter Is pretty big, considering the level of boxing in MMA and how heavily it's disrespected amongst those In the boxing community. Nate's boxing has come a long way, levels above anything he demonstrated during his prior run at LW which most people seem to judge him on.

You need to reevaluate your life

Ask yourself why you feel the need to defend a man you've never met this passionately

Nate's one of the most underrated fighters in MMA at this point.

hits his prime / peak as a fighter and isn't judged on that, instead judged on fights from many years prior.

strange stuff
Peaked as a fighter for fighting Conor? I don't think he has changed all that much. Some of his losses are pretty recent relative to how often he fights. If anything, he is overrated because of all the Conor fans.

Usually I don't believe sherdogers....but I'll make an exception for you.:D
Fair enough it is.

Edit: Stop changing your post you weirdo.
I know it was your point but you said Rory "made him his bitch" with that UD while Rory got shattered and tapped out and yet you put those two on the same level.

So actually, not fair enough. I take that back (for some reason I felt too generous).

Lol...I edited my post within seconds.

Your too much for me

I dont even know WTF your talking about.

I made a point about Rory vs. Diaz then you went on some other shit.

Many boxers, martial artists, fighters, analysts and others would agree. Probably the best boxer we've seen in MMA thus far, one of the best strikers we've seen in MMA period . It's not like I'm the only one saying / thinking these things. You don't get Sugar Ray Leonard of all people to show love to your boxing If you are not legit.

He definitely didn't look that way against Khabib though, without a doubt. Why, Is up for debate. Probably a combination of factors.

It doesn't change what he's demonstrated up to this point though

Nate has been given a lot of praise from Andre ward who he's trained with for years and even Amir Khan, who has no dog in the fight / any sort of bias. Getting shown love from pro boxers as an MMA fighter Is pretty big, considering the level of boxing in MMA and how heavily it's disrespected amongst those In the boxing community. Nate's boxing has come a long way, levels above anything he demonstrated during his prior run at LW which most people seem to judge him on.

I don't see this amazing improvement that you speak of.

I see a guy who ate bomb after bomb. If Nate had an average chin then both fights probably would have been over in the first round.

Lol...I edited my post within seconds.

Your too much for me

I dont even know WTF your talking about.

I made a point about Rory vs. Diaz then you went on some other shit.
It's simple........
You're too harsh on Nate and/or too soft on Rory. Both went up a division and one of them, Rory, got wiped out. Is it fair to give them the same treatment? Shouldn't you be saying something even nastier for Rory? That would be fair but it's up to you. I'm just saying.

Bendo

Rda

Common sense

The punk

Rory

Business acumen

Cannabis addiction

Conor in the rematch

I don't see this amazing improvement that you speak of.

I see a guy who ate bomb after bomb. If Nate had an average chin then both fights probably would have been over in the first round.
Then you don't know what you're watching

also have to take Into account who he's fighting

Conor Isn't an average boxer / striker in MMA.

Peaked as a fighter for fighting Conor? I don't think he has changed all that much. Some of his losses are pretty recent relative to how often he fights. If anything, he is overrated because of all the Conor fans.
who exactly Is overrating him? I haven't seen a single fan here give him any respect whatsoever. Only fighters / boxers do so.

Conor Is the biggest money / name fight you can possibly get in MMA. Nate had been looking for a big fight for over a year prior, didn't even fight for a year because of It. Conor was his first big fight. It's pretty much what he'd been training / competing for his entire career and he finally got It.

Last edited:
You need to reevaluate your life

Ask yourself why you feel the need to defend a man you've never met this passionately
Why do I analyze mma In general so passionately? Because I am a martial artist and I enjoy breaking things down as Intelligently / objectively as possible.

I'm interested in the truth and this is just one example of how the truth Is often skewed amongst biased fans who often don't know what they're watching

It really has nothing to do with Nate himself

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back