Rumored Canelo vs Crawford PBC PPV—- Canelo shuts down the rumors —-

i dont even know if Crawford could weigh in that high

terrible fight that is just a cash grab, if this happens boxing if well and truly fucked
Yeah those were the dark days in boxing.... When hall of fame welterweights that came in under 147lbs at times moved their way up to fight murderous middleweights.
Yeah Duran & Leonard were horrible for boxing. It really did the sport in...... 4 horsemen days were a black eye to the sport.
SARCASM *****************

Canelo is no bigger or scarier than Hagler or Hearns. Bud wants to be considered an all time great welterweight like SRL. So this is exactly what boxing legacy & immortality is all about.

Its amazing people think Canelo is like some legit 6'2 LHW or something. Canelo is naturally the size of most 154 & 160 lb fighters. He just dared to be great and kept going up until he found his limit. Would be cool to see Bud do the same.

If Bud is truly one of the all time welterweight greats that we have annoited him as, I dont think we should judge him on Kell Brook or Amir Khan standards for getting wrecked by middleweights.

i mean, everyone you mentioned moved through the weights over a period of years

In b4 Canelo's team forces Crawford to sign a hydration clause <Lmaoo>
That's funny but Canelo can't force anything. He can try and persuade opponents with money but it's on them if they sign to fight at a catchweight and/or accept a rehydration clause. Canelo did have a rehydration clause in there for Kovalev but it was reasonable. He also had one in there for Fielding.

It's worth pointing out that there were no rehydration clauses in the contract when Canelo fought Callum Smith and Bivol. Callum Smith is realistically a natural cruiserweight so it's notable. Bivol, who is a smallish light heavyweight, still rehydrates to 190-195 lbs per Hearn so it's also worth noting.

Canelo Turned Down Catchweight and Rehydration Options for Bivol Says Hearn

Chava from ESPN MÉXICO… claims that Charlo is the leader for Canelo on May and Crawford is the leader to be Alvarez opponent for September … we’ll see …

What weight sir?

People complaining should realize this: Crawford is 10 levels above all the bums Canelo has been fighting for the last, idk… 3 years? I’ll take whatever I can get.

Be happy he’s not fighting Shane Mosley Jr. next.

Woah, Crawford is going after Canelo? That's awesome. I hope it's at a reasonable weight.

Obviously i'd prefer Canelo vs Benavidez, but i'd much rather watch Canelo vs Crawford, than watch Canelo vs Munguia, Charlo, or some shit like Berlanga.

I don't think anybody seriously thinks Bud would beat Canelo. He won't knock him out, and even if Bud makes it very competitive Canelo will win that on the cards. He'd have to thoroughly outclass Canelo over 12 rounds to win, i don't see that happening.
honestly, i thought so too, but considering how crawford completely dismantled spence and how canelo looked like dogshit against ryder... i'm not so sure anymore. they're both getting up there in age, but we can see canelo is slowing down, and bud looks as good as ever.

i know he clowned charlo, but i thought that was more charlo refusing to fight than canelo looking great.

canelo should be the favorite vs bud, but i wouldn't be comfortable picking him to win at all. i realize this may be an unpopular opinion.

honestly, i thought so too, but considering how crawford completely dismantled spence and how canelo looked like dogshit against ryder... i'm not so sure anymore. they're both getting up there in age, but we can see canelo is slowing down, and bud looks as good as ever.

i know he clowned charlo, but i thought that was more charlo refusing to fight than canelo looking great.

canelo should be the favorite vs bud, but i wouldn't be comfortable picking him to win at all. i realize this may be an unpopular opinion.
TBH, it’s looking increasingly like Spence was just not the same fighter he was by the time he fought Bud. Not trying to take anything away from Bud’s performance, I just think we should temper that and shouldn’t draw too many conclusions about how he would do 20 lbs up. That’s a big ask. Also, I won’t say Bud has a bad chin but he’s still the same guy that was on spaghetti legs against Gamboa, I’m not convinced he can withstand Canelo’s power at 168.

i mean, everyone you mentioned moved through the weights over a period of years
So did Bud. Who cares if he skips 154, in order to catch Canelo in a window of his prime.
Charlo already proved he's nowhere near Canelo's level & beating Tim Tszyu does nothing for anyone's legacy or resume either. He would be the heavy favorite in both those fights. By a lot.
As for 160....There is no point risking his heath or taking damage in his final fights from larger fighters that are naturally Canelo's size without the resume or accolades.

Pushing off a fight with Benavidez or Munguia does in fact allow more hype to build for those while the window for Crawford to happen is relatively narrow.

Could be a factor here.

Back