Canelo vs Trout Official

it's gonna be a small bet...I have no delusions that it's a long shot.

I'm hoping guerrero can turn this into an ugly fight...in a phone booth.

Have the refs been announced, yet? If it is Cortez, I doubt he lets Guerrero take it to the gutter.

I think Floyd stops him. Maybe early.

One thing Guerrero is good at, is taking shots...hard shots...he went to war with a much bigger Berto and came out on top...

I agree Guerrero is good at taking shots. To me that's a nice way to say he gets hit a lot.

I'm taking Floyd itd as long as it's not a bullshit line. I'm pretty sure that we're gonna get it a some solid +odds though. I'm convinced Guerrero tries the same thing he did with Berto and tries to rough Floyd up on the inside considering everyone and their mother knows he has no shot boxing at a distance. I think Floyd obliges and puts a beating on him.

And I'll say this for the millionth time, Floyd's got one/if not the best inside games in the sport and the damage he puts on Guerrero will be too much for him to handle imo. 7th -9th rd tko is my prediction

I'm taking Floyd itd as long as it's not a bullshit line. I'm pretty sure that we're gonna get it a some solid +odds though. I'm convinced Guerrero tries the same thing he did with Berto and tries to rough Floyd up on the inside considering everyone and their mother knows he has no shot boxing at a distance. I think Floyd obliges and puts a beating on him.

And I'll say this for the millionth time, Floyd's got one/if not the best inside games in the sport and the damage he puts on Guerrero will be too much for him to handle imo. 7th -9th rd tko is my prediction

Basically. If Berto could hit him that much, he is in for a long night. Mayweather will go to his body, as well. A late stoppage is a possibility.

Basically. If Berto could hit him that much, he is in for a long night. Mayweather will go to his body, as well. A late stoppage is a possibility.

Exactly and good points about the bodywork, that could pay dividends on a guy in Guerrero who seems pretty soft at 147. Berto really doesn't have much of an inside game to speak of and, like you said, he still landed some extremely hard uppercuts on Guerrero throughout the fight and a lot of them with what had to be close to zero visibility out of both eyes.

Also, the uppercut is one of the best weapons in Floyd's arsenal on the inside and the fact that an almost blind, inexperienced inside fighter in Berto was able to consistently land them makes it fairly clear in my eyes that Guerrero is in for a shitload of punishment if he goes the same route with Floyd.

I respect Guerrero's abilities and accomplishments and all that, but I just don't see how he can win this. Outclassed everywhere skills wise, no size or strength advantage, no cardio advantage, nothing I can think of that gives him a legit shot here.

Trout has no punching power whatsoever. He needs to punch through his opponents and not just look for contact.

Last edited:
Exactly and good points about the bodywork, that could pay dividends on a guy in Guerrero who seems pretty soft at 147. Berto really doesn't have much of an inside game to speak of and, like you said, he still landed some extremely hard uppercuts on Guerrero throughout the fight and a lot of them with what had to be close to zero visibility out of both eyes.

Also, the uppercut is one of the best weapons in Floyd's arsenal on the inside and the fact that an almost blind, inexperienced inside fighter in Berto was able to consistently land them makes it fairly clear in my eyes that Guerrero is in for a shitload of punishment if he goes the same route with Floyd.

I respect Guerrero's abilities and accomplishments and all that, but I just don't see how he can win this. Outclassed everywhere skills wise, no size or strength advantage, no cardio advantage, nothing I can think of that gives him a legit shot here.

god.jpg

If Canelo can utilize the type of head movement Tyson used he could be almost as dangerous.

I totally agree. If Canelo can learn to slip punches in the course of a few months then he can learn a lot of other things. Tyson's movement is also dependent on being comfortable fighting out of a very square stance and being able to switch between orthodox and southpaw easily. Some people might have problems with it but if Canelo can change into a completely different fighter in months then he should have no problem with it.

That would be so epic to see Canelo go into Ippo/Tyson mode.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back