CAPTAIN MARVEL v.2 (First Critics Reviews)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m definitely interested. Was that a shot of her going binary?

Another Marvel movie?

Nah.

Very Ho Hum trailer for me.

Did any one else feel like her speaking voice just seemed, I don’t know, weak?

No presence. Gadot has presence.
Was thinking the same thing. There's no depth.

I may be in the minority here, but I honestly would prefer the short haired version of Captain Marvel for the movies. It's just way more practical and realistic. And Brie's hair looks kind of weird in that suit. It should either be really long, or short.
captain_marvel_by_uncannyknack-d7zb93w.jpg

wait did they just show a superhero punching an elderly woman in the face?

looks terribly generic/bland

Nice . . . I guess I need to finally watch Antman and the Wasp.

I may be in the minority here, but I honestly would prefer the short haired version of Captain Marvel for the movies. It's just way more practical and realistic. And Brie's hair looks kind of weird in that suit. It should either be really long, or short.
View attachment 437931

There would have been "she looks like an SJW" broflake tears.

Update: September 18, 2018

First Trailer for CAPTAIN MARVEL Starring Brie Larson; New Plot Synopsis Released

Set in the 1990s, Marvel Studios’ “Captain Marvel” is an all-new adventure from a previously unseen period in the history of the Marvel Cinematic Universe that follows the journey of Carol Danvers as she becomes one of the universe’s most powerful heroes. While a galactic war between two alien races reaches Earth, Danvers finds herself and a small cadre of allies at the center of the maelstrom. Opens March 8, 2019

Link to previous thread: http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/2969891/

giphy (75).gif

This may be the first time marvel makes a bad casting decision. Brie Larson has been almost horrible in everything I have seen her in. Shes also not very hot (yes im a pig)

Will be interesting to see how this ties into avengers 4 and if that was the plan the whole time. She might have been shoehorned into the 2nd. Quantum realm will be a nice excuse though.
i'd bet you that you are very wrong and that her casting will be a massive success with the casuals and overall numbers. In terms of comic book actresses she is amongst those with the highest credentials in terms of awards and accolades and she is the type of 'hot' the MCU seems to want for these characters. They are not trying to appeal to the 13 year old boys in us like the comics did.

And yes she has been part of the plan and will be a main focus in Avengers 4 to wind up the Thanos line.

i'd bet you that you are very wrong and that her casting will be a massive success with the casuals and overall numbers. In terms of comic book actresses she is amongst those with the highest credentials in terms of awards and accolades and she is the type of 'hot' the MCU seems to want for these characters. They are not trying to appeal to the 13 year old boys in us like the comics did.

And yes she has been part of the plan and will be a main focus in Avengers 4 to wind up the Thanos line.
You have some pretty definitive answers there, sounds like you know something I dont. I still think shes a crappy actress and dont think shes right for the role but marvel has done a good job with shitty actors before. I made that comment before watching the trailer and it didnt change my mind. something about this just reminds me of green lantern but marvel wont make that big a mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back