Castlevania SoTN and Rondo of Blood coming to PS4!!!!!!

I plyed that game a lot when it came out. It was decent. It could have been great though if they had put more effort into it. As it was, it kind of felt like it was unpolished
Yea that is true I just really wanted a multiplayer Castlevania and it filled that niche for me and my buds
I will try out the one coming out on mobile but I don't have high hopes

harmony of despair sucked. there was nothing to it.

i'll never understand why people will keep paying for the same game, over and over. especially when it can easily be found/played on ps1/ps2/some ps3s.

harmony of despair sucked. there was nothing to it.

i'll never understand why people will keep paying for the same game, over and over. especially when it can easily be found/played on ps1/ps2/some ps3s.

If it's cheap I don't see a problem, especially since most people don't have a ps1/ps2/ps3 anymore.

Some more Info on features- Including 4k/1080 upscaling, DualShock 4 analog stick movement, and high resolution backgrounds- Also %15 discount when you preorder on the Playstation store

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/ps4-exclusive-castlevania-requiem-game-options-det/1100-6462243/

Konami is about to re-release two of the Castlevania series' best games as a bundle, and now we're getting a look at some of the new visual options that will come with the games when they release later this month. Castlevania Requiem will feature both Castlevania: Symphony of the Night and Castlevania: Rondo of Blood, released in one package exclusively for PS4.

In a pair of tweets, Konami showcased the new features. The first feature (in the first two images below) allows you to play with "blackout" enabled. This means players will be able to play the game without wallpapers (which will be enabled otherwise). The last two images show off the game with pixel smoothing enabled for a more updated look. Of course, those who want to stay true to the games' original visual styles can simply avoid turning the feature on.

Both Symphony of the Night and Rondo of Blood are receiving overall updates in this re-release, too. When the bundle was announced last month, Sony said Castlevania Requiem would see "4K/1080p upscaling, multiple high resolution backgrounds, different rendering options such as smoothing, and full Trophy support." It also said the games will utilize the DualShock 4's analogue stick for movement and the speaker to play sounds when you pick up an item. When GameSpot asked Konami about the bundle's PS4 exclusivity, the company responded there were absolutely no plans to bring the games to other platforms.

Currently playing SotN on an emulator and it still holds up.

I'm not kidding: I dropped the Witcher 3 right in the middle of the game for SotN. There is something about the gameplay, the music and the graphics that is so addictive.

It's my first playthrough, but I get nostalgia chills anyway lol.

Gonna be tough to decide between this and RDR2.

Those games should already be there

Hope Lament of Innocence is up next.

It's basically a remastered port of Dracula X Chronicles (too bad it doesn't include the Rondo of Blood 2.5D remake) on PSP so that's no surprise. RIP to miserable pile of secrets...

Honestly, take nostalgia out and the changes were mostly for the better. I timestamped an example here:

I do miss Richter's original VA though since he did Chris Redfield in the classic RE games.

I ruin the game every time I play it by getting the Crissaegrim. I just can’t fucking help myself.

Those games should already be there

Hope Lament of Innocence is up next.

Don't know if you're being serious here or not, but I loved Lament of Innocence. One of my favorite Castlevania games ever, would love to play it again on a modern console.

Back