Media Charles Oliveira explaining 50K bonus

Anyone who's ever worked a salaried job knows that bonuses are taxed like crazy.

An awful lot of people on here seem to have no experience with paying taxes in general. Or expenses for that matter. They see the amount fighters reportedly make and think that's all theirs. Gross and net income seems like a foreign concept.

Last edited:
Why is his team taking 30% of his earnings?
I guess he credits his team for helping him do that performance. I dont think this is a normal thing though, Charles is such a nice guy. I hope his team is happy and I hope they are doing their part

and how much does he charge for private lessons? how much does Dana/UFC make when he gives a seminar? what cut does WME get when Oliveira writes a book or has a movie made about him?
Charles has these incentives, for the rest of his life, because its not a job, its an opportunity

Let me tell you a story: I have a cousin that lives in Brazil. He asked me to buy him a laptop and send him via mail.
I asked him if it was not dangerous (as many parcels end up "missing" in Brazil).
He told me that even if it does not arrive and try a second time, he would have saved a lot of money.
Only on the third time he would break even, and then ask me to wait until I knew someone who was going to Brazil to take it with them...

That should give you an idea of how much more expensive the cost of life are in Brazil (for Brazilians).

That is for american goods, luxury products and alot of electronics too. They are overpriced there because Brazil wants to push companies to build stuff domestically for them.

But majority of stuff like housing, food, clothes is wayyyy cheaper

Let me tell you a story: I have a cousin that lives in Brazil. He asked me to buy him a laptop and send him via mail.
I asked him if it was not dangerous (as many parcels end up "missing" in Brazil).
He told me that even if it does not arrive and try a second time, he would have saved a lot of money.
Only on the third time he would break even, and then ask me to wait until I knew someone who was going to Brazil to take it with them...

That should give you an idea of how much more expensive the cost of life are in Brazil (for Brazilians).
I think that's because they specifically tax tech items heavily for some reason. I know its the same with video games, I know some Brazilians and if they want a console they wait til they or someone they know is going to the US and then get it that way.

I think that's because they specifically tax tech items heavily for some reason. I know its the same with video games, I know some Brazilians and if they want a console they wait til they or someone they know is going to the US and then get it that way.

Well, im a brazilian and i watched the whole interview in the poadcast where he said that. he is not wrong, unfortunatelly, is not just about the tech stuff. and he wasnt complaining, either. he said that about the bonueses. 15% for the state where he fought. 30% for the team. the tranfers taxes would be about 6%. the income tax, paid by the beggining of the next year charges you A LOT. i have no idea how much it will be for him, but i would guess about 20% at this much.

he is not wrong, at the end of the day, he ends with about 10 or 15k from the bonueses. and he lives in guaruja, not such an expensive city, but as long as i undestood, he is the responsible for like 5 or 6 people of his family. even with the dollar being times 5.30 nowadays, so makes totally sense, he has a good life, but he is not really rich.

Well, im a brazilian and i watched the whole interview in the poadcast where he said that. he is not wrong, unfortunatelly, is not just about the tech stuff. and he wasnt complaining, either. he said that about the bonueses. 15% for the state where he fought. 30% for the team. the tranfers taxes would be about 6%. the income tax, paid by the beggining of the next year charges you A LOT. i have no idea how much it will be for him, but i would guess about 20% at this much.

he is not wrong, at the end of the day, he ends with about 10 or 15k from the bonueses. and he lives in guaruja, not such an expensive city, but as long as i undestood, he is the responsible for like 5 or 6 people of his family. even with the dollar being times 5.30 nowadays, so makes totally sense, he has a good life, but he is not really rich.
I want him to be champ for a while. There are a few other guys I'd like to see grab the belt who are in contention but man I also really want to see Oliveira defend the belt a few times.

Because he treats his team right, and a lot of the teams have bonus money sharing built into their contracts.

Thats legit robbery. Its not trearimg your team right. Thats like 3 times what us fighters pay.

Why is his team getting bonus money?
{<huh}

You would be surprised how many coaches/managers try to get a piece of the performance bonus pie off there fighters.

Have heard other fighters mention before that in some contracts with managers it’s written that they have to give a percentage of Bonus to them ontop of there normal fight pay lol

That is for american goods, luxury products and alot of electronics too. They are overpriced there because Brazil wants to push companies to build stuff domestically for them.

But majority of stuff like housing, food, clothes is wayyyy cheaper
Food yes. Rest, not really.
Housing however, you are definitely wrong.

yes, but it is not only electronics.
But the main issue is the value of their currency.
In Brazil you can't use Dollars. and exchanging money is VERY pricy.

Back