Charlo vs Castaño July 17th Showtime PBC

Winner?

• Total voters
They don’t technically have an athletic commission if I remember correctly

It's not a dedicated athletic commission. It's responsible for all types of regulatory licensing, which is why it's so terrible.

i had it 7-5 castano, i think charlo is lucky to have kept his belts.

not too butthurt about the draw, it was a competiive fight... but charlo fought like shit to be honest. his coach was begging him to stay off the ropes the whole night and he just went there. he got sluggish any time they exchanged, he abandoned the jab any time he got hit with something.... not a good look, imo.

oh and he didn't throw one uppercut while castano was lunging forward all night.

Charlo got a 10/8 round in the 10th we he hurt Castano with a jab, that wasn't a 10/8 round.

I agree, and isn't that the judge who had it a draw? If not for that shirt scoring for the round and the judge who's entire card was shot, Castaneda would have won. Shame

Charlo got a 10/8 round in the 10th we he hurt Castano with a jab, that wasn't a 10/8 round.
I'll tell you what was a 10-8 round was the 3rd round where Castano got the KD at the end of the round and the ropes obviously held Charlo up. Clean KD and I guess the ref doesn't know how boxing works because he was right there but didn't call it a KD.

Got in late and just watched these. Great first bout, Romero is a complete dick dirty fighter and should have had another point deducted at the least and was getting himself into DQ territory.

Farhood gave Charlo the 9th that he lost in order to get to a draw. Great fights, but Castano losing 117-111 is a shit show score.

Draw is the perfect decision for a fight that no one won, especially one for the undisputed championship.
I had Castano ahead but then Jermell came back at the end making it real close. A draw wasn't surprising to me. I'm not sure how so many people think Castano was well ahead.

Also, as I worked through the thread I didn't see any of you guys mention the KD at the end of the 3rd round. What's up with that? Watch it again.
<{vega}>

Castano won the fight. It was close and you could have some close scores, but it should have been a UD and he should have all 4 straps. It wasn't THAT close. He was up a couple/three rounds, easy.

Draw is the perfect decision for a fight that no one won, especially one for the undisputed championship.
Yeah, rather see it again then one of those 2 lose their belt/belts.
Huge Charlo fan but I thought Castano won. Charlo let him off the hook too many times.

I like all the people who changed their votes to Castano since the fight happened.

You merely adopted the Castano, i was born in it, molded by it.

Yeah, rather see it again then one of those 2 lose their belt/belts.
Huge Charlo fan but I thought Castano won. Charlo let him off the hook too many times.
This as well. If I'm in Charlo's camp I'm probably unable to speak today from screaming when he seemed to "allow" Castano to recover at least a couple times when he was all but out of there. Charlo had him badly hurt at least a couple times.

I'm with you, though. Run this back. I suspect Charlo gets him out of there in a rematch, but legit one of them should walk away from their bout with the straps. I think Charlo would even get them back in a rematch, but Castano should have them all right now based on the KD at the end of the 3rd and the scores. That 117-111 is hard to see. Anything very close wouldn't raise eyebrows, but...

I think these judges that are in the bag are forced to score early rounds that are clearly Castano rounds as Charlo rounds, or he'll be too far behind to ever win. Then, when he does well towards the end and closes out with the last three rounds (which I think Charlo won), it ends up lopsided because they've already whored themselves into a position to have Charlo up a round going into the 10th, basically.

I like all the people who changed their votes to Castano since the fight happened.

You merely adopted the Castano, i was born in it, molded by it.
lol

It's all about how quick they can get the rematch together. All it takes is one sanctioning body to say "fight your mandatory or vacate", and then Tszyu is willing to pay $10 million or something crazy to get his shot sooner.

I hope they run it back but i think Charlo had such a tough time that he won't want to risk it.

Is Tszyu at that level though, only seen him fight once and wasn't impressed? I see on twitter he called out Castano.

Is Tszyu at that level though, only seen him fight once and wasn't impressed? I see on twitter he called out Castano.

I'll be honest i haven't seen much of Tszyu apart from when he beat Horn. Tszyu needs to fight in the US too but with restrictions i can't blame him too much.

I think these judges that are in the bag are forced to score early rounds that are clearly Castano rounds as Charlo rounds, or he'll be too far behind to ever win. Then, when he does well towards the end and closes out with the last three rounds (which I think Charlo won), it ends up lopsided because they've already whored themselves into a position to have Charlo up a round going into the 10th, basically.

This x 10000000000000.

As much as I believe a draw is acceptable I'm still kind of gutted for Castano. Cerebral motherfucker, epitome of a road warrior, small guy in a weightclass where basically any top dog is a middleweight. I'm drinking to him right now.

Got in late and just watched these. Great first bout, Romero is a complete dick dirty fighter and should have had another point deducted at the least and was getting himself into DQ territory.
oh god i hate that kid. is that the same douche that went apeshit on ryan garcia when they were sparring?

insufferable prick, i can't wait till he gets laid out.

Tim is not there yet…. He has to stop saying crazy crap and take his turn… a rematch is a must here

As much as I believe a draw is acceptable I'm still kind of gutted for Castano. Cerebral motherfucker, epitome of a road warrior, small guy in a weightclass where basically any top dog is a middleweight. I'm drinking to him right now.

*clink*

Also, as I worked through the thread I didn't see any of you guys mention the KD at the end of the 3rd round. What's up with that? Watch it again.
<{vega}>

Castano won the fight. It was close and you could have some close scores, but it should have been a UD and he should have all 4 straps. It wasn't THAT close. He was up a couple/three rounds, easy.

I was drinking. Sue me, lol.

Great point.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jahmaltheknight
Back