Social Chief enforcer of US gun laws fears Americans may become numb to violence with each mass shooting

Wanting to make tens of millions of Americans overnight felons is a bit more than just "being inconvenienced."

<NoneOfMy>

You could at least be honest about what I'm advocating for.

You could at least be honest about what I'm advocating for.
Well that's exactly what the POTUS wants. And I didn't quote or tag you, so...

<Fedor23>

Well that's exactly what the POTUS wants. And I didn't quote or tag you, so...

<Fedor23>

No, Biden does not want to make tens of millions of Americans felons overnight. Do you really think saying stupid stuff like this moves the conversation?

No, Biden does not want to make tens of millions of Americans felons overnight. Do you really think saying stupid stuff like this moves the conversation?
He wants the 1994-2004 AWB only this time with no grandfather clause. Hope this helps!

Typical anti 2nd.

"We need more gun control laws".

Well what about enforcement of the laws we have and giving them more teeth?

"Never mind that, that wouldn't be fair to the criminals. We need more gun control laws."

You have mass school shootings and then you have mass street shootings and single murders in gangland daily that far outweigh the occasional school shooting, but only one kind gets publicity and makes gun grabbing politicians make moves to take guns away or make it harder to get them for law abiding citizens.

I have been ringing this bell for years. True, the school shootings are far more tragic than some scumbag getting his ticket punched on a street corner or some bar getting shot up after two groups of punks get into an argument and open up on each other.

But one is more predictable and more preventable and no one wants to take action for various reasons. Felons with firearms are far more likely to shoot someone than a normal gun owner, but the system seems far less concerned with prosecuting these serious threats to others. In fact, progressive DAs like larry krasner (Philly) alvin bragg (nyc) george gascon(la) kim fox (chicago), and too many others.

larry krasner of Philly has flat out said on multiple occasions that he refuses to prosecute felons with firearms because it is mostly black or brown suspects and he is doing whatever he can to keep that population out of prison.

This also applies to shootings and people getting low sentences for shootings and being a felon with a firearm. If you’re already a felon and you get caught with a firearm, you should get five years without early release. If you’re a felon and you use a gun to shoot someone non fatally, you should get at least 15 years. For murder, it should be 25-life.

Why do I think this would help? Because dangerous people can’t harm people on the outside of prison.

During my career in law enforcement, I saw way too many dangerous people not get long enough sentences. My first felony arrest was a felon that shot another felon during a shootout. They both got the same sentence 12 months + 1 day-we called it the 12+1. They both got out the same day and were again involved in another shootout the same day they got out. Guess their sentence for that? 12+1.

When I was shot at many years ago, it was a man that tried to execute a crackwhore that stole from him. He got a 12+1 and the very day he got out, he got involved in a shooting and when we arrived, he shot at us. He was caught running away by another unit but a riot broke out and they were ordered to release him to help us with the riot. He ended up getting away with it, but word on the street was that he was bragging about it. The gun was found months later on a building roof, but by then, he was already back in prison for another shooting and the prosecutor said the gun was useless at that point being in the weather for months.

Stories out of portland and seattle report several incidents in which felons shot someone but were mentally unsound because they ingested drugs. mike schmidt is the da for portland and routinely releases antifa and gangbangers for violent crimes allowing them to continue to commit violent crimes.

It’s time to start holding thugs responsible for violent crimes regardless of their race or other minority status.

Back