China will 'compel' Saudi Arabia to trade oil in yuan — and that's going to affect the US dollar

There are a couple more signs. Not sure if you caught this one yet:

https://mobile.nytimes.com/reuters/2017/10/10/world/europe/10reuters-serbia-turkey.html

Erdogan just finished a round of trips that included Moscow and Belgrade. Now that ISIS is defeated in Syria and the Qatar/Syria/Europe pipeline isnt going to happen, Russia and Turkey ar planning to build their own pipeline, and run it up through the Balkans into Europe.

Given the current double standard of EU not recognizing the Catalonia referendum, Serbia will most likely take Kosovo back with blessing of Russia and Turkey.

I think this will be blocked either with a war in the Balkans, or a formation of Kurdistan. Despite ISIS' defeat in Syria, the war for that location is far from over and could trigger a far bigger war.

Russia really is playing a smart and dangerous game here. They are also invested in the Kurdish pipeline.

Either way, they win.

I thought their was a chance at one time that Trumps naccacism would demand he picked the low hanging fruit.

I dont think I ever really believed it but I too tried to convince myself of that silver lining :(

Trump is close to fucking up NAFTA so i dont think he left it in the campaign trail, he also cancelled the TPP.

It is one thing to tear down trade deals, that is easy. It is another to replace them with deals that don't create a race to the bottom, and create incentive for bad behavoir.

I'm not against global trade, just against it as it is constructed.

Russia really is playing a smart and dangerous game here. They are also invested in the Kurdish pipeline.

Either way, they win.

I think the turning point in all of this was that failed Gulen coup in Turkey. Western intelligence knew Erdogan was going to turn on NATO, and hoped to remove him before it happened. Russians tipped him off, kept him in power and now he is one of their chess pieces.

How much money would we save by not policing the Middle East?

I doubt much. Without us over there they would be free to mess with the world oil flow and might even have formed one giant terrorist kingdom. With terror issues and Oil and competition with other rival powers I dont think not being involved over there is very realistic option.

It is one thing to tear down trade deals, that is easy. It is another to replace them with deals that don't create a race to the bottom, and create incentive for bad behavoir.

I'm not against global trade, just against it as it is constructed.

Kind of hard without leaving the WTO.

I doubt much. Without us over there they would be free to mess with the world oil flow and might even have formed one giant terrorist kingdom. With terror issues and Oil and competition with other rival powers I dont think not being involved over there is very realistic option.

Some things never change.

Cancelling TPP is exactly what Putin wanted. US surrendered economic influence to the area to China.

I think the turning point in all of this was that failed Gulen coup in Turkey. Western intelligence knew Erdogan was going to turn on NATO, and hoped to remove him before it happened. Russians tipped him off, kept him in power and now he is one of their chess pieces.

And Syria was the catalyst for the coup attempt.

Erdogan knew not toppling Assad would lead to the creation of kurdistan.

Some things never change.

BeavisHeadbang.gif

I dont meen to be negative it just seems like its a little late in the game for an isolationist policy and I also fear thats how you get a new hitler character and war. I think it comes at our own peoples expense and it sucks sometimes and we do a lot of bad things but that said I still think it might be for the best that we stay the top dog and not cede the rest of the world to the next megalomaniac that comes along

a very difficult game of what ifs with the highest stakes in the world . made all the harder with China and Russia on the move and all the blunders we have made in the last 20 years.

Makin me need a drink Cubo !

BeavisHeadbang.gif

I dont meen to be negative it just seems like its a little late in the game for an isolationist policy and I also fear thats how you get a new hitler character and war. I think it comes at our own peoples expense and it sucks sometimes and we do a lot of bad things but that said I still think it might be for the best that we stay the top dog and not cede the rest of the world to the next megalomaniac that comes along

a very difficult game of what ifs with the highest stakes in the world . made all the harder with China and Russia on the move and all the blunders we have made in the last 20 years.

Makin me need a drink Cubo !

Risk.jpg

Cancelling TPP is exactly what Putin wanted. US surrendered economic influence to the area to China.

Putin aside, do you honestly believe TPP was a good trade agreement?

It would have allowed foreign companies to sue governments in private tribunals, bypass the US constitution and SCOTUS. The whole thing was written in secrecy, and had a confidentiality clause.

I know a lot of globalist papers push TPP as something that would have controlled Chinese influence, but the the reasoning for it is not very comprehensive (probably due to the secrecy of the document). One thing is for sure, it does not address the major advantage China has, which is port control. 90% of trade is still done by ships, and China is working very hard on expanding the Maritime Silk Road. Last year alone, they spent 20 billion dollars on port expansions.

Yes, but what the economist here is saying, is that China's ability to 'fuck countries up' is about to surpass ours.

It is amazing to me that China's silk and ice road is the number 1 issue that will shape the next century. While we gut our country, and refuse to build infastructure, China is pushing our shit in.

Unfortunately, trump left his trade stick on the campaign trail.

One trillion dollars, how to spend it.

a) Expand shipping infrastructure

b) Bailout the banking sector reckless gambling.

c) Wage an illegal war on a country and leave it in a worse state than before you went in.

d) B and C.

ek8i4.jpg

If the government gave me a free electric car i would drive it. give me an electric car and i will no longer drive a gas guzzler.

One trillion dollars, how to spend it.

a) Expand shipping infrastructure

b) Bailout the banking sector reckless gambling.

c) Wage an illegal war on a country and leave it in a worse state than before you went in.

d) B and C.

ek8i4.jpg

I fucking hate Bush.

I hate Obama and Clinton too, but Bush has a special place of disdain for me.

His presidency may have been the beginning of the falling dominoes of a crumbling empire.

Remember when the Trumpets told us Russia was good, but China was bad?

So confused and ignorant.

I wonder if this could result from China's One Belt One Road Initiative. Once the TPP was spiked, China had less opposition to extending its influence into the Middle East.

Back