Chris Hardwick Reinstated by AMC After Investigation Into Cheating Ex's Unsubstanciated Allegations

Some say, "Chloe Dykstra screwed Chris Hardwick."
Chris Hardwick screwed Chris Hardwick

<21>

I don't think I see anything in her post that is beyond just being a shitty controlling boyfriend.

Chris Hardwick Dropped From SDCC Panels, Festival Lineups
By Nicole Drum - June 16, 2018

A day after allegations of emotional abuse and sexual assault against Hardwick by former girlfriend Chloe Dykstra, AMC has not just pulled the plug on his interview show Talking with Chris Hardwick, but he will not be moderating panels at San Diego Comic-Con or appearing at Kaboo Festival, either.

Earlier today, AMC released a statement about the allegations, noting that Talking with Chris Hardwick would not be airing on AMC while the situation was assessed as well as would not be participating in panels at San Diego Comic-Con, though the statement appeared to indicate that the decision to step back from the panels was Hardwick's decision.

"We have had a positive working relationship with Chris Hardwick for many years," AMC's statement read. "We take the troubling allegations that surfaced yesterday very seriously. While we assess the situation, Talking with Chris Hardwick will not air on AMC, and Chris has decided to step aside from moderating planned AMC and BBC America panels at Comic-Con International next month."

Hardwick had been announced earlier this week as the moderator for the Doctor Who panel and was to moderate the panel for The Walking Dead as well. Hardwick has also been dropped from Kaaboo Festival, an annual festival in California that celebrates music and comedy coming up in September. According to TMZ, the festival's organizers will be replacing his scheduled comedy routine with another act to be determined.

The backlash is in response to Dykstra's Medium essay "Rose-Colored Glasses: A Confession" which surfaced Friday that detailed disturbing claims that Hardwick had subjected her to severe emotional abuse during their relationship as well as pressured her into sex against her will. Following their breakup, Dykstra claimed that he even went so far as to ruin her career as he "made calls to several companies [she] received regular work from to get [her] fired by threatening to never work with them."

"He succeeded," she wrote. "I was blacklisted."

Dykstra also writes in her post that she has proof to back up her allegations. You can read her post in full here.

Since the essay has gone viral, Nerdist, which Hardwick founded, removed all mention of him from their website while owners Legendary Entertainment made clear that Hardwick has had no involvement with the company for several months.

Hardwick himself responded to Dykstra's allegations in a statement released last night.

"I was heartbroken to read Chloe's post," Hardwick wrote. "Our three-year relationship was not perfect -- we were ultimately not a good match and argued -- even shouted at each other -- but I loved her and did my best to uplift and support her as a partner and companion in any way and at no time did I sexually assault her.

“When we were living together, I found out that Chloe had cheated on me, and I ended the relationship. For several weeks after we broke up, she asked to get back together with me and even told me she wanted to have kids with me, ‘build a life’ with me and told me that I was ‘the one,’ but I did not want to be with someone who was unfaithful. I’m devastated to read that she is now accusing me of conduct that did not occur. l was blindsided by her post and always wanted the best for her. As a husband, a son, and future father, I do not condone any kind of mistreatment of women.”

Last edited:
I don't think I see anything in her post that is beyond just being a shitty controlling boyfriend.

The part where he (allegedly) went out of his way to have her blacklisted, cost her jobs and fucked her career up, would be pretty shitty if true. And beyond the scope of just shitty boyfriend

The part where he (allegedly) went out of his way to have her blacklisted, cost her jobs and fucked her career up, would be pretty shitty if true. And beyond the scope of just shitty boyfriend

Back when they were dating years ago, Hardwick was a virtual unknown. I highly doubt he had that kind of pull with any producers.

Again, this is all mere allegations without a single shred of proof, evidence, or witness account, and apparently that's plenty enough to fuck up people's career nowadays in the Court of Public Opinion.

If the only job someone can list is 'cosplayer' they need to consider ending their life.

No, you see, she clearly lacked agency to leave him. Because women have no independent existence from men, pressuring someone to give you sex (even where the pressure is no more than the threat to leave a relationship) is rape and women have no ability to leave a shitty boyfriend.

So she is a Victim.

Edit: If true, the attempts to blacklist her are another category of behaviour, and can be judged accordingly, but the other stuff I have little time for. If you are a grown-ass adult, you need to accept responsibility for choosing a shitty relationship. She isn't Patty Hearst; no one held a gun to her head.

Last edited:
Back when they were dating years ago, Hardwick was a virtual unknown. I highly doubt he had that kind of pull with any producers.

Again, this is all mere allegations without a single shred of proof, evidence, or witness account, and apparently that's plenty enough to fuck up people's career nowadays in the Court of Public Opinion.

No, Hardwick was already successful / established and had a little juice in the industry when they were dating. I remember when they broke up.

Anyway, yeah I agree he shouldn’t lose his job or lose anything for that matter. Guilt must be proven not just alleged.

If the only job someone can list is 'cosplayer' they need to consider ending their life.

I see it the other way: If ‘cosplayer’ is the job they figured out how to pay the bills with, then cheers to them for escaping the rat race in a fun way.

Pretty messed up that mere allegations can ruin your career without any proof to back them up.

eh, i seen a guy on twitter back up her claims, was gonna post but then i got distracted looking at hot muscular men . . .
<{1-10}>

oh, easily found it again
tumblr_pafs9aOvzB1qbinpto1_540.jpg

anyways, it is law that all men are trash except for The Rock. So nothing has been lost~

I 100% believe that Chris Hardwick ruined her career.

She was so good as "Train Passenger" in Spiderman 2 and "Young Couple at Diner" in Drag Me to Hell. Those kind of roles don't go to untalented people.

You really think Chris "Fucking" Hardwick has that kind of pull? I have had people try to blacklist me and the bottom line is if you are any good, it washes over. Anyone with any work experience knows how dumb some workplaces are and how petty some coworkers are.

No, Hardwick was already successful / established and had a little juice in the industry when they were dating. I remember when they broke up.

I guess we'll have to wait for the result of AMC's own investigation, since it doesn't involve the legal system. Not sure how all those sexual-abuse accusations - the real reason why they're canning his show - could be verified if she doesn't turn over the evidence she claims to have though.

Anyway, yeah I agree he shouldn’t lose his job or lose anything for that matter. Guilt must be proven not just alleged.

Seems pretty strategic for her to take it to social media to alleged crimes without mentioning any names, instead of going straight to the authorities with names and evidence of such alleged crimes.

But to be honest, I'm not sure any of the crappy things that she alleged to happen are even considered to be crimes, so that might be the reason.

Last edited:
You really think Chris "Fucking" Hardwick has that kind of pull? I have had people try to blacklist me and the bottom line is if you are any good, it washes over. Anyone with any work experience knows how dumb some workplaces are and how petty some coworkers are.

Guys with way less juice than Hardwick can make moves. From the bouncer outside a velvet rope at a party where connections are happening, on up to Weinstein.

Again though, I don’t know if Hardwick did any of what she said. The guilty until proven innocent thing is absurd.

I guess we'll have to wait for the result of AMC's own investigation, since it doesn't involve the legal system. Not sure how all those sexual-abuse accusations - the real reason why they're canning his show - could be verified if she doesn't turn over the evidence she claims to have though.

Seems pretty strategic for her to take it to social media to alleged crimes without mentioning any names, instead of going straight to the authorities with names and evidence of such alleged crimes.

But to be honest, I'm not sure any of the crappy things that she alleged to happen are even considered to be crimes, so that might be the reason.

Oh for sure, the timing is on purpose. He was just about to have some kind of show premiere, plus his whole comic con thing, and the next season of TWD getting promoted. This was his busy season about to start, and she nuked it on purpose. The question is, did he deserve it. Fuck if I know.

eh, i seen a guy on twitter back up her claims, was gonna post but then i got distracted looking at hot muscular men . . .
<{1-10}>

So come out with it. Ffs, you people are so damn ridiculous.

It's like nobody in the industry has had an angry ex before to know they'll say absolutely anything before taking any responsibility for the breakup.

<{1-10}>

<FookIsThatGuy>

Back