Chris Hardwick Reinstated by AMC After Investigation Into Cheating Ex's Unsubstanciated Allegations

I don't get what you mean here. Considering they are firing him without just cause? How about they just back it up, and say 'After some consideration, we have decided not to part ways with Mr. Hardwick' or something like that. Maybe let the legal proceedings play out first, before they... oh right, there *are* no legal proceedings. This broad isn't even pressing any kind of charges, or suing him, didn't even name him, this is just a sorry smear job.
I just meant if they’re seeing their actions through, then yeah they need somebody else.

You’re not wrong though. They could have done what you said. I’m just not sure how likely it would be.

It is pretty crazy that Hardwick is losing jobs because of a blog that was posted online, that didn’t even name him lol.

As long as people can randomly accuse and get away with it when its false, itll keep happening. Some of these dudes careers go in the toilet even when proven innocent while the accusers get to carry on.

Some of these dudes careers go in the toilet even when proven innocent while the accusers get to carry on.

Looks like what's happening here, so far.

It would be groundbreaking if Hardwick somehow turns this into a lawsuit against her, and AMC.

It would be groundbreaking if Hardwick somehow turns this into a lawsuit against her, and AMC.

That is what it is going to take. Gotta hit the liars and over reacting assholes in the pocket.

That is what it is going to take. Gotta hit the liars and over reacting assholes in the pocket.

He's already married into a gajillionaire family, so he might even have the financial backing for something like that, a legal battle with AMC.

He's already married into a gajillionaire family, so he might even have the financial backing for something like that, a legal battle with AMC.

Like the old witch hunts where little girls pointed out witches with zero evidence.

Yvette Nicole Brown says she has no interest in taking Chris Hardwick's job
By William Hughes

yneixtt7locgbri6tllt.jpg

Earlier this week, we reported that AMC had chosen a replacement moderator for its Walking Dead panel at this year’s San Diego Comic-Con, tapping frequent Talking Dead guest Yvette Nicole Brown to take over the spot recently vacated by Chris Hardwick. (Hardwick stepped away from the panels at the same time that AMC announced that it was postponing the second-season debut of his chat show Talking With Chris Hardwick, in the wake of a Medium post about an abusive ex written by his former romantic partner, Chloe Dykstra.)

As soon as AMC announced that Brown—a famous, popular, and fun uber-fan of the zombie-filled drama—would be taking over for Hardwick at the Con, rumors began to swirl suggesting that the network was hunting around for a more long-term contingency plan for its aftershow franchise, in case the recent allegations forced it to cut ties with Hardwick for good. Those rumors apparently reached Brown this week, though, and she was quick to make it clear that she has no interest in taking over hosting duties on Talking Dead:

Brown was careful not to weigh in on Dykstra’s post, instead phrasing the decision as simply doing a favor for a friend. Although she doesn’t have a regular network TV gig at this exact moment—her most recent was last year’s single-season ABC show The Mayor—she’s still a prolific and busy voice actor, appearing regularly on shows like DC Super Hero Girls and Elena Of Avalor.

https://news.avclub.com/yvette-nicole-brown-says-she-has-no-interest-in-taking-1827373168

AMC so damn cheap lol at them going into a legal battle that shit would rustle them hard.

AMC so damn cheap lol at them going into a legal battle that shit would rustle them hard.
yeah lol I remember them essentially trying to bleed The Walking Dead and Breaking Bad dry season 2 of TWD because their genius exec’s were like “we spent our budget on Mad Men. Can’t be spending money on shows that people care about more.”

Chris Hardwick is a annoying pussy
I can't stand him either, he always gave off a disingenuous vibe, which is echoed by his Nerdist site crew, the males at least, bunch of white knight cowards.

That being said, what's happened to him is straight up horseshit, and not just with AMC. He's been erased from the Nerdist, though I have a feeling that was his suggestion. I can imagine his weak grimace while he's telling partners to wipe his name from the site, in silent virtue, worrying about its image over standing his ground.

Tinfoil aside, it's far too easy for women to ruin any man just by an accusation. This is what happens when the number of emasculated men in the west reach critical mass.

Well played comrades
marxism.jpg

This needs to happen.
Yvette Nicole Brown says she has no interest in taking Chris Hardwick's job
By William Hughes

yneixtt7locgbri6tllt.jpg

Earlier this week, we reported that AMC had chosen a replacement moderator for its Walking Dead panel at this year’s San Diego Comic-Con, tapping frequent Talking Dead guest Yvette Nicole Brown to take over the spot recently vacated by Chris Hardwick. (Hardwick stepped away from the panels at the same time that AMC announced that it was postponing the second-season debut of his chat show Talking With Chris Hardwick, in the wake of a Medium post about an abusive ex written by his former romantic partner, Chloe Dykstra.)

As soon as AMC announced that Brown—a famous, popular, and fun uber-fan of the zombie-filled drama—would be taking over for Hardwick at the Con, rumors began to swirl suggesting that the network was hunting around for a more long-term contingency plan for its aftershow franchise, in case the recent allegations forced it to cut ties with Hardwick for good. Those rumors apparently reached Brown this week, though, and she was quick to make it clear that she has no interest in taking over hosting duties on Talking Dead:

Brown was careful not to weigh in on Dykstra’s post, instead phrasing the decision as simply doing a favor for a friend. Although she doesn’t have a regular network TV gig at this exact moment—her most recent was last year’s single-season ABC show The Mayor—she’s still a prolific and busy voice actor, appearing regularly on shows like DC Super Hero Girls and Elena Of Avalor.

https://news.avclub.com/yvette-nicole-brown-says-she-has-no-interest-in-taking-1827373168

Now that's class. That's a professional. I will remember this, Yvette.

It's not anything specifically against her--I'm not aware of who she is.
But hiring her under the conditions that they fired Hardwick is such a sleazy, corporate, "look, we love women and POC, guys!" move. There's nothing genuine about it.

They're dropping Hardwick, a guy who had been working with them for a long time based on an allegation from a girl Chris dated years ago. What she alleged he did wasn't even a crime, she showed no evidence of it, and Chris denied it happened--and even posted up messages that would discredit what she said.
Despite that, because AMC doesn't want to be seen as women hatin or something, they drop Chris...andddd of course now they can't hire another white male to replace him...they have to hire a woman..and better yet..let's get a black woman. lol It's just so fake.
All of this because some crazy ex wanted some attention.

That's not to say that this Yvette is incapable of doing a good job, but AMC's reasoning behind it is pretty transparent and shallow

It’s not a PC move even though I know facts don’t matter to people who like to claim such things. She was the obvious choice to replace him. She’s a mega fan of the show. She took notes on the show before coming on Talking Dead as a guest. It was obvious to anyone who every watched that, should Hardwick stop hosting, she would be his successor.

Now that's class. That's a professional. I will remember this, Yvette.

I guess everyone have their price:

Yvette Nicole Brown Replacing Chris Hardwick as Interim 'Talking Dead' Host
By PATRICK CAVANAUGH - July 13, 2018

Chris Hardwick's involvement with AMC's Talking Dead show was dissolved, with the network confirming that Communitystar and frequent guest Yvette Nicole Brown would be taking over hosting responsibilities for the foreseeable future.

“Yvette Nicole Brown will step in as an interim guest host of The Walking Dead Season 9 Preview Special on August 5th and Talking Dead when it returns following the premiere of Fear the Walking Dead on August 12th, as we work to complete our assessment related to Chris Hardwick,” the network shared in a statement.

Last edited:

Chris Hardwick's involvement with AMC's Talking Dead show was dissolved, with the network confirming that Communitystar and frequent guest Yvette Nicole Brown would be taking over hosting responsibilities for the foreseeable future.

“Yvette Nicole Brown will step in as an interim guest host of The Walking Dead Season 9 Preview Special on August 5th and Talking Dead when it returns following the premiere of Fear the Walking Dead on August 12th, as we work to complete our assessment related to Chris Hardwick,” the network shared in a statement.

Well, she already said in the article/tweet you posted, that she's just filling in for a friend. So it was already known that she would step in for the short term.

If they're actually friends I'm sure they've talked about this and he's okay with it.

Back