Media Chris Leben celebrating after beating up a washed up damaged Wanderlei Silva

If I was a mid-level NHL-player who outplayed Wayne Gretzky in 1999 - I would've also been celebrating.
Eveb if it Wayne was washed up.

As a spectator I can laugh at the idea of measuring yourself compared to washed up athletes.

It depends. I didn't see any point in "Mayhem" Miller fighting a much older Sakuraba. He never would've subbed a 1997 version of Sak. But Leben/Wand wasn't that different in terms of skill or ability.

Ironically, Sak would probably beat the current (sadly deranged) version of Mayhem.

@TidWell Fucking loser and a puss to abandon your shitty thread. Should be banned for this stupidity and cowardice.

I have been watching this sport since before the first gracy ufc tourney and no you have to be a complete noob to get fired up over the chance to see old twitching cro cops, shambling wandlerleighs and cross eyed chucks hit the canvas after the first rush of wind. Watch it if you must , but get fired up over it yeah right, get a life.
You've been watching so long you don't even know how spell Gracie dumbfuck.

You seem really upset about being wrong and being called out on it. Probably shouldn't post about things you know little to nothing about.

Stop crying like a overgrown baby:
giphyhgfh.gif

man, this really didn't go well for TS lol..

Easy to criticize when you have never been in their shoes. You’re trying to have a laugh at their expense, but you are the one who looks stupid right now. Honestly, I’m embarrassed for you TS. What a fucking failure of a thread lol.

TS is a good dude in Mayberry lounge but this thread is strange because its against his personality which is one that is fair and decent person.

me and my buddies were all big pride fans back in highschool (2000-2002) he was a violence god to us, the excitement to watch him knock leben out was over whelming. Had a sad house of people that night haha. The stan fight more then made up for it though

Stan and Wand both had a gentleman's agreement to beat the bejesus out of eachother. I know that feeling though of one of your idols getting badly beat though. Had it many times with Chuck. Don't really feel like that for any fighter these days. Probably if Khabib ever loses.

Didn't Wanderlei wreck Cung Le and then force Stann to retire in Japan after this fight?

F This Shit Thread

Leben is a warrior and so is Wand.

Cro-Cop ruined Wand
A lot of people ruined Wanderlei. Hendo flatlined him and he took huge punishment against Hunt, too. Then in his first ufc fight he got rocked and staggered a dozen times by Liddell.

He may have been exiting his prime when he fought Leben, but he was still as game and dangerous as ever. Look what he did to Stann after this fight.

stupid thread. but it was nice to see Chris having kind of climax of his life. Thanks for a video.

lol dam I never seen anyone celebrate like they just won the lotto after beating a washed up fighter who was so damaged and drained like Wandy, Leben acting like this was a prime scary PRIDE Wandy.

I could understand this type of rush if this was beating up a prime top long reigning champion or something

Imagine if Larry Holmes celebrated his win over a washed up Muhammad Ali, Holmes knew Ali was washed up but didn't even boast about it he even felt sad he had to fight him.

Its still not as funny as Mark Coleman celebrating a win over Shogun via freak injury. Coleman acted like he just won the lotto in that fight as well. and then he Coleman was acting like a bad ass like he got a legit KO lol

Cmon dude

A lot of people ruined Wanderlei. Hendo flatlined him and he took huge punishment against Hunt, too. Then in his first ufc fight he got rocked and staggered a dozen times by Liddell.

He may have been exiting his prime when he fought Leben, but he was still as game and dangerous as ever. Look what he did to Stann after this fight.
That High kick started the avalanche, he was never the same after that. The Wand who battered Rampage would have smoked Chuck, Wand took the Hendo fight not even 6 months after getting KO'd by Mirco. Dan and Chuck were great but I don't think they beat pre KO Wand. Wand was just much more hesitant and showed more respect to his opponents after that fight, and it took away from his intimidation factor. After the Hendo fight he was done as a top guy:(

For the record, this fight kinda showed how far Wanderlei had fallen from his glory years. He was always streaky in the UFC, but this fight showed that the chin was officially gone. The fact that Leben hit like a truck didn't help matters either.

Back