Media Chris Leben celebrating after beating up a washed up damaged Wanderlei Silva

Same washed up that beat wandy that Beat sonnen on the feet

Agreed!

I don’t agree with this at all. Leben may not have been great, but to say he was never good is almost as ridiculous as the opening post. His win over Akiyama was glorious, and he would have been a bad match up for Wand even in his prime. Sometimes having a cinderblock for a head and bricks for hands is enough. Might not be fair to more fragile men with better technique, but thems the breaks.
Sorry, I meant to say he was never that good

I agree with the TS. Watching a fighter pull there hands to the sky in any type of show of strength after beating a washed out old man minus a chin is downright pathetic. You beat him wow, grats... just walk away and take your money. Show some type of intelligent humility and quit being a caveman goading over something you could never accomplish while the guy was actually competing. I could care less what Leben's been through or his past it just makes him more of an idiot than he already is by acting like he has done anything remotely noteworthy.

Lol. Sounds like TS never has accomplished anything when it comes to sports or athletics. I have no problem or issue when any athlete celebrities a victory. It’s amazing feeling and a big adrenaline rush. It’s hard to explain to those that have never felt it or been in that situation.

^

Just wanted to show you what your post would look like with proper grammar.

I remember when the posterboy in the making Rich Franklin got destroyed/crushed by the newcomer Anderson, they "fed" him to Leben next. Than this happened. You can call it a surgery. I even remember Matt Hughes wanted a part of Anderson after that, wanted to line up to avenge the US fighters or something. Damn, that would be ugly thing to watch.
tumblr_lxkckrKpRy1qczqovo1_500.gif
V0Stkbr.gif

Um, no. Silva fought Leben before Franklin. It's what got him the title shot.

Also, Silva vs Hughes was suppose to happen at WW way before that but it fell through. Hughes fought Sakurai instead.

Your post is almost as bad as this thread.

I agree with the TS. Watching a fighter pull there hands to the sky in any type of show of strength after beating a washed out old man minus a chin is downright pathetic. You beat him wow, grats... just walk away and take your money. Show some type of intelligent humility and quit being a caveman goading over something you could never accomplish while the guy was actually competing. I could care less what Leben's been through or his past it just makes him more of an idiot than he already is by acting like he has done anything remotely noteworthy.
Triggered Wandy fan detected
CoarsePlainKingfisher-size_restricted.gif

But Leben's in the same boat as Silva and not even as active as Silva (I don't think).

This is where we should give fighters like Leben a break and wish him well. His head & body has been fucked up pretty badly for our entertainment, and of course, for his own personal glory too.

Triggered Wandy fan detected
CoarsePlainKingfisher-size_restricted.gif

Nope not by a longshot, I rooted against him for quite a number of his Pride fights. It's just sad as fk to see these old men knocking themselves out and then whoooping like there lives have a whole new meaning after the win, wtf seriously.

Are you trying to tell me that you wouldn't be fired up after that? Leben wasn't some heavy favourite. Plus he beat F******* Wanderlai Silva. I went crazy watching. I can't imagine being the one that did it. You people are crazy sometimes.

But Leben's in the same boat as Silva and not even as active as Silva (I don't think).

This is where we should give fighters like Leben a break and wish him well. His head & body has been fucked up pretty badly for our entertainment, and of course, for his own personal glory too.

What glory is the question, your basically fighting a corpse. How can you ever look in the mirror and say, " I beat Wandy" without LOLING OUT LOUD and sticking a giant asterisk next to the achivement lmao

IDGAF if Wand was in a wheelchair, I'd be fucking ecstatic if I knocked out a fighter of that calibre.

Are you trying to tell me that you wouldn't be fired up after that? Leben wasn't some heavy favourite. Plus he beat F******* Wanderlai Silva. I went crazy watching. I can't imagine being the one that did it. You people are crazy sometimes.

I have been watching this sport since before the first gracy ufc tourney and no you have to be a complete noob to get fired up over the chance to see old twitching cro cops, shambling wandlerleighs and cross eyed chucks hit the canvas after the first rush of wind. Watch it if you must , but get fired up over it yeah right, get a life.

Wanderlei was a big favorite and Chris was on the downswing too. Plus, he just beat one of his idols.

Love how everyone took a steamy dump on TS. Although I appriciate Wanderlei forever for ending the Saku myth, it was about as humiliating as a loss can get. Face down ass up, beaten in his own game within seconds and he ends up trying to Thai plum the ref in a blurry daze while he's halfdead on the canvas. Didn't wish this on him but the Pride tears were delicious.

lol dam I never seen anyone celebrate like they just won the lotto after beating a washed up fighter who was so damaged and drained like Wandy, Leben acting like this was a prime scary PRIDE Wandy.

I could understand this type of rush if this was beating up a prime top long reigning champion or something

Imagine if Larry Holmes celebrated his win over a washed up Muhammad Ali, Holmes knew Ali was washed up but didn't even boast about it he even felt sad he had to fight him.

Its still not as funny as Mark Coleman celebrating a win over Shogun via freak injury. Coleman acted like he just won the lotto in that fight as well. and then he Coleman was acting like a bad ass like he got a legit KO lol

that fight didnt just happen yesterday.... part of the reason everyone started thinking Wand was near done WAS that fight lol...of course hes celebrating ....he just beat one of the all time greats of the sport, one of the most Just Bleed disciples there will ever be in MMA....and he did it in spectacular fashion...whats to not celebrate?
Leben was never one of the real top of the heap elite fighters, Wand was....at any stage of either's career...its a huge huge win for Leben

Leben at his best had an insane chin. His fight with Martin is the stuff of zombie legends.

I recall a lot of people thought he was going to smash Anderson silva in their fight.

Back