christians...........

I don't care about christians as long as they leave me alone. But a lot of the times they are like vegans and crossfitters.

Political Christians are the most appalling some are straight violent and just ironically hates a lot of people

This is more about you being upset that he wouldn't let you get hammered and crash at his house with his wife and kids rather than him being a 'fake' person. Why couldn't you just socialize responsibly and then go home to your place? I would have done the same thing as he did, and i'm an atheist.

When you sin a lot, you need something that absolves you of that sin and makes you feel better. It's one reason we have religion. Like if you were a great fellow 100% of the time, you wouldn't need religion and thus churches would go bankrupt.

CONVENIENTLY, you can repent at any time and you're immediately forgiven. Sounds ridiculous to me. It's just a way for hypocrites to justify and be forgiven for their actions.

Human beings are funny species. We feel guilty about our own nature and so we concoct ways to absolve of our self-perceived sins so we can justify and continue those same actions.

This is mostly true but to pretend this is a christian thing and not just part of human nature in general is just silly.

IMO, a lot of religion actually distracts people from evaluating their own behavior and develioping a sound moral compass. Because their religions tells them that they are good people if they devote their lives to their religion. Praise their god and what not.

They can tell themselves they were good that week because they prayed and went to church for example, so they don't have to think about the rest of their behavior and judge themselves for it. And if do evaluate, they can just ask for forgiveness in their prares , which is a way of avoiding responsibility.

What does him being Christian have to do with you not being responsible with your alcohol?

We had actual Jehovah's Witnesses turn up at the door the other day. Fuckin weird. I was watching the Brazil game and thought it was some buddys turning up. I went to the porch and there were these 2 old bats standing there. I had to body block one of em in the doorway, she was right in my face babbling on about how horrible the world is and only God could fix it. Told her the world was fine and if she thought otherwise then her God had let her down. Seemed more polite than tellin her to fuck off back to her cave which was my initial reaction.

Many Reverends in the black community have produced children through fornication and adultery but they've accepted Jesus so theyre still in.

<puh-lease75>

Do all the priests in the white community who have sex with 5 year old boys get a pass as well?

Im an atheist and i dont need an imaginary skydaddy to tell me what is right and what is wrong. Im a human being

almighty-edgelords.jpg

were_all_edgelords_now_by_mrbuckalew-da8xnfb.png

Lol the TS bailed out on his thread. Maybe he got drunk again. hahaha

Don’t need religion to know the difference between right and wrong. Just need to be a feeling human being. For instance, a good reason for me not to steal from others, rape them etc is that I myself also do not want those things done to me and I feel compassion towards those who are on the wrong end of those things. Should be pretty simple really.

Didn’t need Jesus, the Buddha, or the Torah to teach me that.

Doesn't this apply to all "religious" people. Why single out just Christianity?

It's hard because Christians are often the most vocal in their judgement of others. Let he who is without sin cast the first stone, but Christians are throwing a lot of stones in their glass houses. I agree with you though, Christians are human and fallible like everyone else.

I would go a step further and say that I think many people who are just shitty, selfish human beings are attracted to religion because they think it gives them some kind of absolution from their actions which are less than noble. They know in the back of their head that they are shitty people. They are just looking for some way to justify that behavior. If they can quote some scripture that in some interpretation condones their behavior, it makes them feel better. Or they think that by practicing religion so vehemently, that their other behavior doesn’t matter because at least they aren’t heretics.

This is at odds with the core beliefs of biblical christianity.

Most of the opinions in this thread are at odds with authentic Christianity. It's amazing to read what people come up with, I mean how cluless can you get? It's astounding that these proclamations are made with such absolute finality.
" Hold my beer honey, I got something to type."

Most of the opinions in this thread are at odds with authentic Christianity. It's amazing to read what people come up with, I mean how cluless can you get? It's astounding that these proclamations are made with such absolute finality.
" Hold my beer honey, I got something to type."

Sherdog; come for the MMA, stay for the uninformed certainty.

Hypocrisy exist on all walks of life, not just in religion but also in politics, relationship etc.

I'm a practicing Christian (Roman Catholic), but I don't act like one or try to share the teachings of my religion to anyone and convert them.

People who are hypocrites and pretends something they are not, really irritates the hell out of me.

Social pressures of putting on a performance combined with reduction to religion to ethics: don’t do these 5 things and you’re morally superior and safe.

Back