Ciryl "Back of the Head" Gane

Everyone making excuses for Gane.... control.

The same scenario happens in a lot of fights and the refs still warn the fighter throwing the punches when the other fight is turtling up.

Gane clearly gave zero fucks where his punches were landing.
this, you have to know where your punches are landing.

i get that sometimes a guy turns the wrong way and an unintentional back of the head shot lands.

but when your swinging wildly for the fences because you cant control your shit,

it makes you look like an amateur

I like Gane, but he's now finished 3 fights that have included strikes to the back of the head. The JDS fight being the most blatant elbow KO to the back of the head I've ever seen. The Tia fight was bad too.

Last edited:
Gane does cheat more than people like to admit. It's funny seeing how people excuse it. The weird thing is he's usually on the way to a finish or decision when he loses his mind and wins by any strike necessary. I guess he gets a pass because it's usually not a foul that changes the fight momentum, but then again Jones does that too even when he's winning.

Gane is a sneaky, dirty fighter for sure. Can’t wait to see him KO’d stiff. The whole “nice guy” persona makes it even more annoying.

I thought this thread was going to be about the pack of hotdogs on the back of Gane's neck.

ciryl-gane-vs-sergey-spivak-ufc-paris-staredown-1.jpg

Needs a UFC branding

Gane is a sneaky, dirty fighter for sure. Can’t wait to see him KO’d stiff. The whole “nice guy” persona makes it even more annoying.
that's what made the Jones fight so iconic. It starts and Cyrl "Mr Kickboxer" hits Jon immediately with a low blow. Then quits the second he feels Jon's strength. Embarrassing!

JDS: people were saying it wasn't. Now it counts? What gives? It either was or wasn't.

Lewis: already on the ground shelling up.

Tuivasa: already doing the chicken dance from the right hand.

The thing is, he did do it to Tuivasa and Spivak. what's complicated is that the people he fouls are already on the verge of being finished so it's very hard for a ref to step in and stop it because what caused the beginning of the end wasn't the foul.

This is an incredibly bad take. Someone’s injured so makes it ok to hit to the back of the head? It’s worse if anything.

To the idiots saying Gane starts a punch and by the time he’s landed it the opponent has magically moved the back of their head into the region he was aiming for:

Please send a video of the huge hammer fist to the back of the head landed on Tuivasa that Gane literally apologised for, and point out how this could have possibly been legal, even if Tuivasa hadnt moved a muscle

back of the head is one of the hardest parts, rule makes no sense.

Is there a video or a clip of what you are referring to vs Spivak?

back of the head is one of the hardest parts, rule makes no sense.

Agree it makes no sense if you’re not informed about human biology and aren’t willing to do a rudimentary amount of research to understand why this is an extremely dangerous area to take damage, yes

Agree it makes no sense if you’re not informed about human biology and aren’t willing to do a rudimentary amount of research to understand why this is an extremely dangerous area to take damage, yes
name one fight in any combat sport where a fighter was indisputably damaged permanently by striking the back of the head. it’s literally never happened. it’s extremely dangerous to take any kind of head trauma dude.

name one fight in any combat sport where a fighter was indisputably damaged permanently by striking the back of the head. it’s literally never happened. it’s extremely dangerous to take any kind of head trauma dude.

Prichard Colon. A boxer who was hit multiple times in the back of the head during a fight that the ref ignored. Brain damage, coma, wheelchair. A fragment of his skull was pressing against his brain tissue. Wilder wept at a press conference after a knockout win reflecting on the event.

I noticed that yesterday too. Looked like he hit Spivak in the back of the head I think in the 2nd round.

Prichard Colon. A boxer who was hit multiple times in the back of the head during a fight that the ref ignored. Brain damage, coma, wheelchair. A fragment of his skull was pressing against his brain tissue. Wilder wept at a press conference after a knockout win reflecting on the event.
again, brain bleeds happen for all kinds of reasons. no evidence that rabbit punches caused that specifically. even if there was, that’s one case ever in hundreds of thousands of fights.

You expect me to have off the cuff examples of fights where the only strike ever thrown was to the back of the head? Ready to go in case a meathead decides he knows better than the doctors that spend their lives researching this?

Back