Clash of Clans, v2: Official Sherdog Clan = JUST BLEED...and our enemies do

Status
Not open for further replies.
8 days until level 4 valk then I can finally use Valwiwi. Will probably use this strat over Gowiwi until TH10 which will be 8+ months away as its just the most optimal power spike IMO in troop strength at TH9.

The biggest flaw with GoWiWi is that it really lacks power in breaking down walls. The value of wallbreakers is just too great for the GoWiWi composition, you can bring 10-15 and sometimes its not enough. Golems are Golems, if you clear the CC with witches at TH9, your golems(level doesn't matter, honestly don't level them for TH9 if you clear CC) will be some of the last units standing and its really sad seeing them standing at the end when the units that matters most has been sniped. When substituting max ranked Valkyrie, the walls crumble and the army will flow through the base at a much faster pace and dividing will occur less. Unfortunately, like most strategies this solely relies on the Valkyrie to be a minimum of level 3, pref max level. The reason why is because at level 1 they have only 900 HP which makes them vulnerable to too many defensive structures and traps that it becomes TOO risky. Do I think this strategy will 3-star at TH10? If well executed on specific base designs, yes. But, for the most part, no it will only ever achieve 2 stars. This is strictly a strategy for TH9.

How Valkyrie AI works?
Valkyrie will attack the closest target in priority.
Troops > Heroes > Any structure > Walls

Valkyrie are a unique unit when it comes to AI, like the dragon if a hero is nearby, it will chase it even THROUGH walls. It will smash the wall down just to get to the hero. Now how is this a good thing? Because people LOVE to centralize their heroes in the middle of their base. I mean its the most optimal position for heroes. Also, since they do a 360 attack of 9 tiles (3x3x3) means they can take down 3 walls at once. What is good about that? It allows your ranged units to spread out making AoE towers less effective which means less skeletons being summon, which means more damage from witches and less likely to be killed. They also always prioritize when killing structures; to be in between multiple structures to cleave them down allowing them to do 2x the DPS.

Valkyrie threat priorities:
Clan Castle: very high
Big Bombs: low-medium
Telsa: low
Wizard tower:low-medium
Cannon: low
Spring traps:very high
X-bow: medium
Archer tower: low
Bombs: low
Mortars: low
Heroes: low

So clan castles with any kind of AoE units inside will be the biggest threat to valkyrie even though they will again chase troops through walls to kill them. You could use a healing spell to just cancel out the damage the CC would inflict but like I always say, its so easy to clear CC with witches why waste a healing spell. For 85% of all base designs, it shouldn't take no more then 3 hogs + 5 archers at most to lure the CC. 1 spell > 20 housing in army strength.

Note: With level 1 valkyrie, essentially there would only be 2-3 low threats as they will lack the HP to be upfront tanks and will have to be combo'd with a golem to soak the damage.

Numbers behind substituting Valkyrie (level 4) vs (Golem 1):

(1) Golem level 1
Housing: 30
HP: 6300 (including golemites)
DPS: 38 (14 golemite)

(4) Valkyrie level 4
Housing: 32
HP: 4800
DPS: 496 x 2 = 992 (the reason I am multiplying it x2 is because of the unique AI that is overlooked)

So what can we take from those numbers for + / - in percentages:
6% increase in housing cost
20% decrease in HP
2312% increase in DPS

Why is the 2312% damage increase significant?
This means walls are no longer a problem!

Spells to use with ValWiWi
Honestly, heal is by far the most important spell you can have, its too valuable not to have 3-4 heals in your arsenal since you have such high damage to begin with. Rage is amazing on Valkyrie but they clear buildings so fast I find it hard to justify more then 1 for the core which has the TH, the most important structure and usually the stronger defensive structures. I highly dislike Jump at TH9 solely for the fact that Valkyrie shred walls AND its very very rare that you will ever see a TH9 with level 9+ walls. I can only justify jump on walls level 10+ as they have a significant amount of HP. Jump would obviously be a must have if using on MOST TH10s.

3 x Heal / 1 x Rage
2 x Heal / 2 x Rage
4 x Heal

Army Composition:
15 x Valkyrie (120)
10 x Wizards (40)
3 x Witches (36)

Total : 196 housing

Rest is a flex depending on how buried the Clan Castle is.

Clan Castle Units:
6 x Hogs
1 witch + 4 wizards + 2 archers
1 Pekka + 1 wizard + 1 archer

[YT]3J8gltTCq7Q[/YT]

Last edited:
noodled [nood-l'd] / johnny'd [jah-nee'd]
verb
1 : to avoid your responsibilities
2 : to ensure failure of those you swore to protect

"Hiroshima was noodled when radar team 7 failed to spot the Enola Gay flying across their screen. They were napping."

bio'd [bahy-oh'd]
verb
1 : to enter a situation completely unprepared
2 : to fat-finger dial the ex girl friend who dumped you for your step father
3 : see also: Bill O'Reilly's "Fuck it, We'll do it live!"

"Anthony Pettis bio'd his career by avoiding wrestling day while preparing for Dos Anjos."

don key'd [dong-kee'd]
verb
1 : to do something extremely stupid
2 : to royally fuck your team mates
3 : to recklessly abandon all hope of redemption

"Steven don key'd his fellow zoo keepers when he let out the rabid orang-utan."

Straight up brilliant.

Lmao @ jbass

8 days until level 4 valk then I can finally use Valwiwi. Will probably use this strat over Gowiwi until TH10 which will be 8+ months away as its just the most optimal power spike IMO in troop strength at TH9.

The biggest flaw with GoWiWi is that it really lacks power in breaking down walls. The value of wallbreakers is just too great for the GoWiWi composition, you can bring 10-15 and sometimes its not enough. Golems are Golems, if you clear the CC with witches at TH9, your golems(level doesn't matter, honestly don't level them for TH9 if you clear CC) will be some of the last units standing and its really sad seeing them standing at the end when the units that matters most has been sniped. When substituting max ranked Valkyrie, the walls crumble and the army will flow through the base at a much faster pace and dividing will occur less. Unfortunately, like most strategies this solely relies on the Valkyrie to be a minimum of level 3, pref max level. The reason why is because at level 1 they have only 900 HP which makes them vulnerable to too many defensive structures and traps that it becomes TOO risky. Do I think this strategy will 3-star at TH10? If well executed on specific base designs, yes. But, for the most part, no it will only ever achieve 2 stars. This is strictly a strategy for TH9.

How Valkyrie AI works?
Valkyrie will attack the closest target in priority.
Troops > Heroes > Any structure > Walls

Valkyrie are a unique unit when it comes to AI, like the dragon if a hero is nearby, it will chase it even THROUGH walls. It will smash the wall down just to get to the hero. Now how is this a good thing? Because people LOVE to centralize their heroes in the middle of their base. I mean its the most optimal position for heroes. Also, since they do a 360 attack of 9 tiles (3x3x3) means they can take down 3 walls at once. What is good about that? It allows your ranged units to spread out making AoE towers less effective which means less skeletons being summon, which means more damage from witches and less likely to be killed. They also always prioritize when killing structures; to be in between multiple structures to cleave them down allowing them to do 2x the DPS.

Valkyrie threat priorities:
Clan Castle: very high
Big Bombs: low-medium
Telsa: low
Wizard tower:low-medium
Cannon: low
Spring traps:very high
X-bow: medium
Archer tower: low
Bombs: low
Mortars: low
Heroes: low

So clan castles with any kind of AoE units inside will be the biggest threat to valkyrie even though they will again chase troops through walls to kill them. You could use a healing spell to just cancel out the damage the CC would inflict but like I always say, its so easy to clear CC with witches why waste a healing spell. For 85% of all base designs, it shouldn't take no more then 3 hogs + 5 archers at most to lure the CC. 1 spell > 20 housing in army strength.

Note: With level 1 valkyrie, essentially there would only be 2-3 low threats as they will lack the HP to be upfront tanks and will have to be combo'd with a golem to soak the damage.

Numbers behind substituting Valkyrie (level 4) vs (Golem 1):

(1) Golem level 1
Housing: 30
HP: 6300 (including golemites)
DPS: 38 (14 golemite)

(4) Valkyrie level 4
Housing: 32
HP: 4800
DPS: 496 x 2 = 992 (the reason I am multiplying it x2 is because of the unique AI that is overlooked)

So what can we take from those numbers for + / - in percentages:
6% increase in housing cost
20% decrease in HP
2312% increase in DPS

Why is the 2312% damage increase significant?
This means walls are no longer a problem!

Spells to use with ValWiWi
Honestly, heal is by far the most important spell you can have, its too valuable not to have 3-4 heals in your arsenal since you have such high damage to begin with. Rage is amazing on Valkyrie but they clear buildings so fast I find it hard to justify more then 1 for the core which has the TH, the most important structure and usually the stronger defensive structures. I highly dislike Jump at TH9 solely for the fact that Valkyrie shred walls AND its very very rare that you will ever see a TH9 with level 9+ walls. I can only justify jump on walls level 10+ as they have a significant amount of HP. Jump would obviously be a must have if using on MOST TH10s.

3 x Heal / 1 x Rage
2 x Heal / 2 x Rage
4 x Heal

Army Composition:
15 x Valkyrie (120)
10 x Wizards (40)
3 x Witches (36)

Total : 196 housing

Rest is a flex depending on how buried the Clan Castle is.

Clan Castle Units:
6 x Hogs
1 witch + 4 wizards + 2 archers
1 Pekka + 1 wizard + 1 archer

Did you write this up yourself? This is really smart. I've been trying to think of ways to use valks, but it seems like they're only useful when maxed. Gonna be cool to try this at th9.

Lmao @ jbass

Did you write this up yourself? This is really smart. I've been trying to think of ways to use valks, but it seems like they're only useful when maxed. Gonna be cool to try this at th9.

yes, I did two quick attacks with level 3 valks. The video is processing on youtube. I did a third but I fucked up on CC since I cant see the range on regular attacks. Both attacks I never used anything in CC.

Edit: Video on original post.

Last edited:
You are in. Just make sure to mention that you are a dogger in your request. You might be ignored otherwise. Maybe wait until our war is over on Sunday at 2:30 pm pst as we don't let people in during war.

Will do. My war isn't over until 5:30 pm pst. Will request shortly after that.

Interesting, so even at th10, with the plethora of th8's in Gold, you're finding better loot there than in Crystal? A buddy of mine just got to th10 last month and had a terrible first few days in gold so he moved to crystal where he is happier, but maybe he just had a few dry days...

Oh, no. No. I'm still a TH9. I'm almost finished Lego-ing out my walls to level 9, and want to wrap at least the core of my base in level 10 walls before I upgrade to TH10 And suffer the additional loot penalty.

Scarzi!

I don't want to quote your entire thread, but I found this odd..

You're stating that Valkyries at level 4 are superior to Golems despite the Golems' level? My level 4 golems have been murderous when deployed correctly for gowiwi as their health now ensures they reach the core before even being split more often than not, which, provided your wizards don't suffer unfortunate mortar combos, allows the firepower troops behind to decimate everything.

My aversion to Valkyries (although I find them fun to deploy) is their vulnerability to spring traps, making them an inferior tank unit in my opinion. I've lost war attacks because of losing 5 Valks to a single spring trap.

The Heal and Rage debate seems to oscillate constantly. I wish some mathmetician would calculate the precise numbers of additional time and ensuing damage potential versus additional damage of a rage for a precise comparison. I usually just bring a few of each, but if I need a jump I tend to bring 2 rage and 1 heal.

Scarzi!

I don't want to quote your entire thread, but I found this odd..

You're stating that Valkyries at level 4 are superior to Golems despite the Golems' level? My level 4 golems have been murderous when deployed correctly for gowiwi as their health now ensures they reach the core before even being split more often than not, which, provided your wizards don't suffer unfortunate mortar combos, allows the firepower troops behind to decimate everything.

Correct, I am saying level 4 Valkyrie are superior to any level of Golem at TH9. At TH10 its a completely different story. The one main problem I encounter with GoWiWi is my golems are one of the very last units to die which is great but also a problem. That tells me I have to much HP on the field and not enough damage OR towers inflcting splash damage are landing on fragile back-line units at choke points in the base. You are simply substituting HP for large amounts of damage.

My aversion to Valkyries (although I find them fun to deploy) is their vulnerability to spring traps, making them an inferior tank unit in my opinion. I've lost war attacks because of losing 5 Valks to a single spring trap.

Again, I agree spring traps are a threat, but every comp has threats. Skeletons move just has fast as Valkyrie + a pekka in CC and Heroes running around they will cancel MOST spring traps. Spring traps can only hit up to 15 housing and since Valkyrie are 8 housing, only one can go flying. If under a rage effect, they will walk right over before the spring will activate.

The Heal and Rage debate seems to oscillate constantly. I wish some mathmetician would calculate the precise numbers of additional time and ensuing damage potential versus additional damage of a rage for a precise comparison. I usually just bring a few of each, but if I need a jump I tend to bring 2 rage and 1 heal.

Heal and Rage will always be controversial in any kind of ground comp as they are the bread and butter. Its just a matter of balancing what to take but I find rage is really only needed for the core where you just obliterate it in a matter of seconds. If really used anywhere else they will run out of it because of the AI which always walking in-between two structures to spin2win.

Hands down Valkyrie lvl 3/4 > Golem any level @ TH9

Last edited:
Thanks for the videos, Scarzi. It's a cool attack and I look forward to seeing your lvl 4 valks tear shit up. Though I do wonder what such attacks would look like against skull and lego walls.

I've always assumed that the rage/heal difference is based on the base. If they have spots that are very high dps, then heal will buy you the time to get through it. On the other hand, if the dps is simply too much to heal (or if infernos are involved) or if the dps is relatively low but the structures have high hp (a town hall, cc and xbow), then you go rage.

Also, just watched Bio's attack that got him an urbandictionary entry. Lol, what happened, man?

Thanks for the videos, Scarzi. It's a cool attack and I look forward to seeing your lvl 4 valks tear shit up. Though I do wonder what such attacks would look like against skull and lego walls.

I've always assumed that the rage/heal difference is based on the base. If they have spots that are very high dps, then heal will buy you the time to get through it. On the other hand, if the dps is simply too much to heal (or if infernos are involved) or if the dps is relatively low but the structures have high hp (a town hall, cc and xbow), then you go rage.

Also, just watched Bio's attack that got him an urbandictionary entry. Lol, what happened, man?

He was scouting and pressed attack by accident lol, didn't realize he could back out

I recently got 2 starred by mass max valks, I maybe get 2 starred in 20-30% of our wars, I'm #3 in my clan.

He was scouting and pressed attack by accident lol, didn't realize he could back out

Oh shit. I had that happen once. Was scouting and put my iPad on my lap while answering the phone. Picked it up and realized that I had started an attack and already dropped a dragon. Oops.

Oh shit. I had that happen once. Was scouting and put my iPad on my lap while answering the phone. Picked it up and realized that I had started an attack and already dropped a dragon. Oops.

Fucking A. Ill take the ridicule, it was stupid.

I'm out if the in week war guys. Just spent all but 1000 elixir on lvl 3 pekkas

Gonna work on my next custom attack: HeGoVaGiBa. (Healers + Golems + Valks + Giants + Barbs)

It's just fun to say HeGoVaGiBa.

Scarzi

I think this is actually a really good strat and well laid out. I'd be interested to see how this pans out for you.

My only caution is that Golems AI is to attack defensive structures first whereas Valks is pretty much herding cats. Clearing a path to the walls, not just trimming, will be the toughest part.

Also, jump spell is almost a requisite with Valks, because they're not always going to funnel to the same point in a wall. Much like Giants, you'll have them spread out along a wall which will considerably slow them down. you will need to use a spell to buy them time, which would be a wast of a rage or heal, since you want to drop that once their centralized. In that case, substituting for jump makes sense.

This is great though, thanks for sharing. I'm going to consider prioritizing valk upgrades over golems.

Last edited:
Correct, I am saying level 4 Valkyrie are superior to any level of Golem at TH9. At TH10 its a completely different story. The one main problem I encounter with GoWiWi is my golems are one of the very last units to die which is great but also a problem. That tells me I have to much HP on the field and not enough damage OR towers inflcting splash damage are landing on fragile back-line units at choke points in the base. You are simply substituting HP for large amounts of damage.

Again, I agree spring traps are a threat, but every comp has threats. Skeletons move just has fast as Valkyrie + a pekka in CC and Heroes running around they will cancel MOST spring traps. Spring traps can only hit up to 15 housing and since Valkyrie are 8 housing, only one can go flying. If under a rage effect, they will walk right over before the spring will activate.

Heal and Rage will always be controversial in any kind of ground comp as they are the bread and butter. Its just a matter of balancing what to take but I find rage is really only needed for the core where you just obliterate it in a matter of seconds. If really used anywhere else they will run out of it because of the AI which always walking in-between two structures to spin2win.

Hands down Valkyrie lvl 3/4 > Golem any level @ TH9

Interesting.... I'm going to push my Valks to 3 soon so perhaps... within the spring I'll be able to put this all to the test.

About the spring traps... I never bothered to read precisely what they can do. I thought it was more like 20 though. I can't show you that reply I mentioned now... perhaps there were 3 spring traps all bunched up, but I swear to you, half my Valkyries went flying and the whole clan had a good laugh at my misfortune.

Interesting.... I'm going to push my Valks to 3 soon so perhaps... within the spring I'll be able to put this all to the test.

About the spring traps... I never bothered to read precisely what they can do. I thought it was more like 20 though. I can't show you that reply I mentioned now... perhaps there were 3 spring traps all bunched up, but I swear to you, half my Valkyries went flying and the whole clan had a good laugh at my misfortune.

Prob multiple, only one valkyrie can be removed per spring trap. They can only knock up to 15 supply off the map. They are great for hogs/gaints because they have 5 housing so its a optimal number. That is why you see 15 hogs run over a spring but 3 only go flying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back