Classism in Liberal News Comedy

To be clear, this is about specific subset of liberal commentators: not the Democratic Party in general.

Only absolute dolts think the Democratic Party abandoned the working class. Anyone with even a cursory knowledge of labor law, employment law, consumer law, and spending policy knows otherwise.

Yeah, I don't know why he made this thread.

It's been a huge talking about in the past 2 years or so.

I was wondering how long it would be until someone spammed partisan clickbait drivel and really undercut the attempt at rational discussion here.

He's talking about a specific instance of this and cited specific examples. Even though this topic has been done before he's tackling it better than the average mouthbreather on this forum who whines about liberal elitism.

He's tackling a subject, so brain dead obvious, with some nuance and paragraphs, so it's all of sudden "intellectual"?

LOL. Sorry, no. He's simply behind the curve. Like most Liberals.

Like, just throwing it out there the comedians I DO like are almost all probably left of center voters. Rogan, Louis CK, Iglesias. The only one I'm not sure on is his politics is Bill Burr.

I like Stewart and I like the fact that with him, he seems to REMEMBER he sits higher up the economic ladder than people and just comes across less preachy in those jokes about like "radioactive drink being Mtn Dew".

The problem with Oliver, Noah, and at least Colbert (don't see much of Maher so I won't comment on him as much) to me, is they seem to spout this shit off talking down about right of center lower middle to poor class people without realizing their dress shirt and tie they will only wear one time... PROBABLY costs more than 3 of my suits COMBINED do.

My problem, specifically to the Union thing... a TON of my more liberal friends constantly spout off about how AMAZING unions are.

I'm in one, and I fucking hate it, all my coworkers, fucking hate our union. My friends that preach the Gospel of the Union 122:40... NONE have ever been in one and haven't seen the fucking cronyism and garbage that they do.

Example, my Teamsters group negotiated so that we no longer had to pay into our healthcare benefits. Sounds awesome right? WRONG, you take your check from BEFORE the change and compare it to after... our union dues WENT UP a tad higher than we got back from no longer having to pay into health benefits.

In-fucking-furiating!
The problem with unions it seems to me is that in the private sector they're nonexistent and in the public sector they're too strong.
He's tackling a subject, so brain dead obvious, with some nuance and paragraphs, so it's all of sudden "intellectual"?

LOL. Sorry, no. He's simply behind the curve. Like most Liberals.
I didn't say it was "intellectual" just better than what mouthbreathers from your side of the aisle usually come up with. That bar is very low, one need not be "intellectual" to clear it.

I think him zeroing on certain kinds of jokes is something I didn't see before.

I work with unions. Labor law is the bulk of my job.

You and your friends are very, very much in the minority. And, as far as cronyism and garbage, the adversarial system (employer vs. union) and the extremely tight regulations and reporting requirements make that not very common at all.

I would submit a letter to your nationals.
I have, it's the Teamsters... got the "we'll look into it" shtick a year ago and 6 months ago.

I'll admit, I'm not exactly all that cordial with my local union guy given I found out early on he has the job cause his dad is a high end rep down at the Seattle office.

EXAMPLE of the issue I had. I got hired with only 6 months experience. Job description wanted 3. Union and HR were ok with me being hired on but wanted to pay me slightly less than the advertised price, I accepted cause my only job was 20 hours a check as a bouncer.

6 months AFTER being hired... I was MORE than capable to the point my boss was going to put me in a second department to cover people at the 6 month mark started doing it at 2. I asked if they could bump me up to the advertised price since I had shown that I could more than pull my weight. Union shut that down. Citing something like "pay equity".

Ggggrrrr

EDIT:
Mine is a public sector job too.

EDIT 2:
My perhaps BIGGEST critique of at least my union... is that my rep has NEVER worked my job, Hell, my rep has never even worked in the fucking legal field. Went to school for like some bullshit Liberal Arts degree and went to work for the Teamsters straight off without gaining any experience in the field of the people they are representing.

When my dad was a merchant ship captain and was part of ETC and thus a member of the MEBA his union reps had all WORKED on ships at one point in their lives. Then, when he ended up becoming a school bus driver after retirement to get out of my mom's hair... his Teamster rep through the bus garage... was some 23 year old kid that didn't even have a CDL.

Last edited:
I didn't say it was "intellectual" just better than what mouthbreathers from your side of the aisle usually come up with. That bar is very low, one need not be "intellectual" to clear it.

That's funny, because any moron could point out the obvious issue he's tackling in the OP, with less bullshit.

The OP is not worth more, simply because more words are there, with some sentence structure. He's just dressed up some very basic shit. It sounds smart though. Must pay attention!

LOL. I think we might be getting to the heart of the problem here.

That's funny, because any moron could point out the obvious issue he's tackling in the OP, with less bullshit.

The OP is not worth more, simply because more words are there, with some sentence structure. He's just dressed up some very basic shit. It sounds smart though. Must pay attention!

LOL. I think we might be getting to the heart of the problem here.
Okay so you're whining and crying because he's addressing a topic that has already done before? That would disqualify 70% of new WR threads from discussion if so.

I can only presume that this is Heretic shit posting his usual partisan shtick.

Ugh... all I wanted to do was bad mouth comedians in this thread and now @Kafir-kun and @HereticBD are in a pissing match.

Argh.
<WellThere>

You can't even use the carrot with these guys. You move the conversation firmly into their court and they still cannot engage in mature conversation.

<WellThere>

You can't even use the carrot with these guys. You move the conversation firmly into their court and they still cannot engage in mature conversation.
I tried then started ranting about my shitty public union.

I tried then started ranting about my shitty public union.
Figured it was a public sector union, any time I hear or read complaints about a union its usually a public sector one.

Okay so you're whining and crying because he's addressing a topic that has already done before? That would disqualify 70% of new WR threads from discussion if so.

I don't know why you think my dismissive opinions of his obvious assessment of an obvious issue, is "whining and crying".

I should take his opinion seriously because...why exactly? Is it the sentence structure? I must take him seriously, because he made an effort?

Nah. He's an idiot.

Crystal ball moment here:

@Trotsky completely stops talking about the OP, and rants about how evil the Right wing is, in about...hmmm...two pages.

I don't know why you think my dismissive opinions of his obvious assessment of an obvious issue, is "whining and crying".

I should take his opinion seriously because...why exactly? Is it the sentence structure? I must take him seriously, because he made an effort?

Nah. He's an idiot.
You don't have to take anything seriously, in fact by this point we're all used to you only shitposting so if you did take it seriously and respond honestly and insightful it'd be quite surprising for the rest of us.

So I guess carry on frothing at the mouth if you'd like.

The only one I'm not sure on is his politics is Bill Burr.

My impression is slightly left of center with a substantial libertarian bent. Voted for Gary Johnson. Has called himself liberal before but almost always follows it up about how annoyed he is with the left. Contrarian.

My impression is slightly left of center with a substantial libertarian bent. Voted for Gary Johnson. Has called himself liberal before but almost always follows it up about how annoyed he is with the left. Contrarian.
I get it's jokes but the amount of times he uses ":eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:" in his jokes is why I am so confused as to where he falls.

He knows shit about politics so his disagreement with the left has very little to do with policy and more to do with personality. Left of center seems about right though.

I get it's jokes but the amount of times he uses ":eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:" in his jokes is why I am so confused as to where he falls.

Boston during the 70s and 80s you are going to here that word a lot. He has talked about it having a different usage. More of being a pussy than anything having to do with gay people. Kind of reminds me how much my friends and I used the word gay so much. Never had anything to do with gay people, we used the word literally before knowing it meant homosexual or even what homosexuals were.

You don't have to take anything seriously, in fact by this point we're all used to you only shitposting so if you did take it seriously and respond honestly and insightful it'd be quite surprising for the rest of us.

So I guess carry on frothing at the mouth if you'd like.

Bravo.

Let's get back to talking about the phenomena of Left wing talking heads driving away their moderate base, with their smug douchebaggery. It's a very profound topic, which should be tackled with the upmost seriousness. Nobody has really noticed this until now...

Bravo.

Let's get back to talking about the phenomena of Left wing talking heads driving away their moderate base, with their smug douchebaggery. It's a very profound topic, which should be tackled with the upmost seriousness. Nobody has really noticed this until now...
Well okay then, post something that isn't a shitpost and let's see if we can make progress. Or keep shitposting like we expect you to so we can just ignore you.

Back