Opinion Climate denial has shifted to Climate doomerism

I believe in climate change.

I believe it will boil into a crisis in our time.

I believe man made factors contribute to it.

I believe until we stop Brazil from destroying the rainforest and China and India from developing as nations nothing we do can stop it.

I believe forces wanted to implement carbon taxes for control purposes but they actually do nothing in the grand scheme of this issue.

I believe until we stop Brazil from destroying the rainforest and China and India from developing as nations nothing we do can stop it.

I believe forces wanted to implement carbon taxes for control purposes but they actually do nothing in the grand scheme of this issue.

What's the closest actual set of solutions look like that you've read about?

It seems you're falling into the doomer category that the OP and other videos in this thread are about - that nothing other than a perfect solution will work, and it can't happen, so we ought to do nothing.

What's the closest actual set of solutions look like that you've read about?

It seems you're falling into the doomer category that the OP and other videos in this thread are about - that nothing other than a perfect solution will work, and it can't happen, so we ought to do nothing.
There are things we can do.

Get Brazil to stop destroying the best carbon recycler on the planet and get China and India to stop burning fossil fuels.

Except, China and India won’t.

Nothing the West can do will matter more than a fart in a windstorm unless Brazil China and India stop doing what they’re doing.

Destroying our own economy and freedoms is a bad move when what we do does nothing.

If you disagree, you’re being naive.

Carbon footprint was for control and the people who were against carbon taxes were the ones who came up with that specifically so people would associate climate action with controlling their personal lives.

Carbon footprint was for control and the people who were against carbon taxes were the ones who came up with that specifically so people would associate climate action with controlling their personal lives.
So you don’t think a carbon ID or carbon tax isn’t all about control?

So you don’t think a carbon ID or carbon tax isn’t all about control?

Well carbon taxes and climate activists main target is corporations. A few hundred corps are responsible for the whole crisis not you taking a long shower or whatever carbon rich activies you do. While lifestyle changes will be involved(IE walkable cities which are a good thing anyway) those happen anyway as the world evovles. The idea that people will be eating bugs or some shit was designed to illicit the sort of reaction you had to carbon taxes.

Well carbon taxes and climate activists main target is corporations. A few hundred corps are responsible for the whole crisis not you taking a long shower or whatever carbon rich activies you do. While lifestyle changes will be involved(IE walkable cities which are a good thing anyway) those happen anyway as the world evovles. The idea that people will be eating bugs or some shit was designed to illicit the sort of reaction you had to carbon taxes.
Shocking the communist historian sees no issue with the government seeing every thing you do and taxing you with it.

There are things we can do.

Get Brazil to stop destroying the best carbon recycler on the planet and get China and India to stop burning fossil fuels.

Except, China and India won’t.

Nothing the West can do will matter more than a fart in a windstorm unless Brazil China and India stop doing what they’re doing.

Destroying our own economy and freedoms is a bad move when what we do does nothing.

If you disagree, you’re being naive.

Your own position would thus be to not do anything as its pointless?

Everything is pointless unless you get Brazil China and India to change. Convince me otherwise.

Were that logic applied to any international crisis, nobody would do anything and there would be zero chance of any solution to be found. It is doomism encapsulated really.

I tend to notice more as I get older, that right wing reactionary politics doesn't have any, however imperfect, solution to almost any problem that actually needs solving.

If you can no longer deny a problem exists, simply wave your hands in the air and say nothing can be done.

Were that logic applied to any international crisis, nobody would do anything and there would be zero chance of any solution to be found. It is doomism encapsulated really.

I tend to notice more as I get older, that right wing reactionary politics doesn't have any, however imperfect, solution to almost any problem that actually needs solving.

If you can no longer deny a problem exists, simply wave your hands in the air and say nothing can be done.
That’s not convincing

Honestly, for what use would it be to harm our economy and people when it doesn’t help the issue

This isn't a dire conflict between two nations, or a famine within one. Those things have theoretical solutions that can actually work. With GLOBAL warming, a GLOBAL effort would be needed to combat it. No, the west using reusable shopping bags and paper straws, is not a "solution" to this. Nor would any "Save The World" tax. All you're doing is welcoming suffering on your own nation, while everyone else doesn't even try to give a fuck. And for what? To pat yourself on the back?

Doom? More like paradise. I can't wait til the world is warmer and I don't have to scrape ice and snow off my car anymore. Don't really care if the Dutch sink underwater and Africa gets even more too hot.

Doom? More like paradise. I can't wait til the world is warmer and I don't have to scrape ice and snow off my car anymore. Don't really care if the Dutch sink underwater and Africa gets even more too hot.
Hey thanks for going mask off on the beliefs most on the right try and hide.

Back