CM Punk was never athletic

LordisCapitalism

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
I came across a video of CM Punk training WWE wrestling and even back then he just wasn't good enough. He was not known for his athletic ability, he was well known rather for his promos. He had great 'mic skills' as WWE pros put it. I was wondering how come Punk never even improved his striking even though he had plenty of time working in one of the best gyms in all of MMA. Couldn't throw a proper kick, a proper punch etc. Aaron Chalmers, a freaking reality star from England took up MMA 3 years ago and now he's undefeated - knocking guys out cold. Yet punk never amounted to anything even he had plenty of time to train, he was doing Gracie Breakdown videos 6 years ago and one of the Gracie's mentioned Punk has been doing BJJ with him for some time.

Anyways here's punk training WWE moves:

This is what he was good at, his mic skills:

Story just gets more sad by the day

Blame Dana and the UFC for this money hungry debauchery

CM Punk had no business in the UFC and it's just more evident by the day

I don’t think anyone with any credibility has claimed he was athletic

He was definitely more athletic in the WWE under the "wellness" program.

jesus fuck hes gone get over it

I don't see how people liked him in the WWE.
my neighbors wanted him to get beat when he came to mma because they said all he did was whine.

i havent seen him wrestle since ecw when he was doin the anaconda vice so i can only assume how bad wwe used him

It's almost like the dude never was an actual athlete to begin with

Like not only no record in mma, but no record in any other fighting sport... or just sport

Like if some bald crap had the power to give to a not-fighter a spot into the greatest mma fighting organization

You may be into something TS, keep the investigation

Hanging off Michael Jackson like a little kid was both sad and pathetic. I hespeck the cajones though.

Where’s the gif of him trying to do an arm bar in the wwe, hilarious

Once he perfects the standing guillotine, he will become unstoppable.

Even in pro wrasslin his movements were slow and laboured. Even in that world go and look at a Stone Cold or Bret Hart punches and kicks (yeah fake we know) then look at Punk. The signs were all there he would be terrible

Back