CM Punk was never athletic

People assume that he’s athletic because he’s a smaller guy in WWE, so you imagine him doing high flying moves. He’s slow, stiff, and doesn’t really do anything spectacular.

Like I said, he made millions doing something you with your "boxing/judo" experience will never get to do.

Americans with their pathologic obsession on money as the only rating for success. Its pathetic.

Even in pro wrasslin his movements were slow and laboured. Even in that world go and look at a Stone Cold or Bret Hart punches and kicks (yeah fake we know) then look at Punk. The signs were all there he would be terrible

Stone Cold and Bret Hart 2 of my favorites!

CM Punk was a great prowrestler, but it's true that he was never a real fighter and he had no background in combat sports. But he made millions and got to do something that most of you keyboard warriors will never accomplish so who gets the last laugh in the end?
I do.

CM Punk was literally one of the worst people Dana could have chosen.

Worlds greatest promoter Dana White. The same guy who played hardball with Kurt Angle who embarrassed Brock Lesnar in a "friendly" wrestling match.

There was a time when I was much younger mostly a teenager that I was into professional wrestling but I really don’t understand its appeal at this point? I guess people can like it from a storyline or entertainment standpoint, but I actually tried to watch Monday night raw this past week and all of the matches are just so unbelievably fake and terrible looking.. they had a tagteam women’s match which ranks up there with some of the worst professional wrestling matches I have ever seen. And I saw the Ultimate Warrior in his heyday with the company and he could not wrestle for shit. They were pulling punches to such a degree I was rolling my eyes. They got Rousey there right now who everyone knows Got run out of her own sport and completely dominated in her last couple of fights. And she’s giving everyone this alpha tough girl routine. I don’t understand the appeal anymore quite frankly?

It will never seem as "AUTHENTIC" as Bret and Owen Hart, Yokozuna and the Undertaker Dawgie. Mankind, D generation X and anytime Stone Cold was on was the last of WWFs credibility. My opinion.

The thign that digusts me most is he didnt even move into the same state as his gym for the fight camp. Get real.

Americans with their pathologic obsession on money as the only rating for success. Its pathetic.
Money is America’s god, they think everybody sees life through a materialistic prism, hence the “but he made millions” argument. Never mind shameful performance, pride, optics, embarrassment, etc. guy looked like absolute shit in a sport that showcased him st the highest level, did more to hurt than help MMA.

No surprise at the amount of ignorance on this website pertaining to Punk and pro wrestling in general. He was a master at in-ring psychology - that beats pinnacle athleticism in the pro wrestling world.

edit - lol @ all the bias videos - why not showcase one of Punk's many 5-star acclaimed matches? Doesn't fit the agenda, I guess.
Idiot

You know the observation about Chlamers in interesting. I think the age is a major factor. The ability to pic things up is easier when your younger.
16 year old can pick driving better than some 50 year old woman that's set in her ways. Not only is there mind developing but so is there body.

Punk is set in his own way's and even in 3 years he could not untrain his bad habits. He started way too late.
What you're saying is true, but he could have started when he was a teen and it wouldn't have mattered, punk is a different kind of specimen.

CM Punk will fight anybody and break their teeth

Punk botched his own finishing move several times in WWE. He is a scrawny guy that refused to take vitamin S.
He botched it against Cena in the biggest match of his career.

What’s with the obsession of rating athleticism?

Does nobody care or even believe in the concept of skill anymore?

Because Punks athleticism is pretty irrelevant in comparison to his lack of skill.

Importance of athleticism and even what is considered peak athletecism varies by the various sports or performance.

What you're saying is true, but he could have started when he was a teen and it wouldn't have mattered, punk is a different kind of specimen.
Not sure I agree with that. When you're a teen, your body is still developing and is produce so much natural testosterone, your ability to build and repair muscle natrually is at a all time high.

I'm not saying he'll could have been Brock's size, but he certainly would have looked better than his current shape.

Back