Coggins says mma fans are idiots

None of tony's last six losses have been due to him being out of shape.
Correct. Neither have they been due to a lack of mental toughness.

Goggins can help with cardio or toughness but not MMA skills.

Goggins isn't an MMA fighter but Tony already has enough technique to beat Paddy, its just his chin and reflexes that have left the building long ago. Prime Tony kills Paddy, but maybe going full balls to the wall on cardio and doing something crazy like this to get even a small glimpse of old Tony is what he needs to get this win. He will never be a serious contender again, but maybe this can help the shadow of old Tony to turn back the clock one more time against a guy who is very beatable.

Having a guy with no real MMA experience train you when you're on a 6 fight losing streak sounds exactly like something Tony would do.
I think it’s about the mental Conditioning

WTF is this sausage water workout with lunges, push ups and jumping jacks? Everyone knows that using your fighter like a speed bag is how you get him hard:

diego.0.jpg
Where have those two been? I haven’t heard a word about Diego

As you guys know he’s Been training Tony
Says Tony’s pain level is super high and tell the fans that Tony doesn’t need to spar or hit the pads

“I can tell that the vast majority of you have no idea what the fuck you are talking about. To have the guts- and I mean guts- to allow a motherfucker like me to train him shows exactly his commitment to come back and win again.”

https://news.google.com/articles/CBMiiwFodHRwczovL3d3dy5tbWFtYW5pYS5jb20vMjAyMy8xMS8xMC8yMzk1NTQ3MS9kYXZpZC1nb2dnaW5zLXNsYW1zLXVmYy1mYW5zLXN0dXBpZC1jb21tZW50cy1wcm9mYW5pdHktbGFjZWQtdGlyYWRlLXRvbnktZmVyZ3Vzb24tdm9taXQtdmlkZW9z0gGYAWh0dHBzOi8vd3d3Lm1tYW1hbmlhLmNvbS9wbGF0Zm9ybS9hbXAvMjAyMy8xMS8xMC8yMzk1NTQ3MS9kYXZpZC1nb2dnaW5zLXNsYW1zLXVmYy1mYW5zLXN0dXBpZC1jb21tZW50cy1wcm9mYW5pdHktbGFjZWQtdGlyYWRlLXRvbnktZmVyZ3Vzb24tdm9taXQtdmlkZW9z?hl=en-US&gl=US&ceid=US:en

You should probably include the whole quote instead of a cherry picked line.

Great idea for Tony at 39 to exhaust himself everyday with some army guy when in the last fights he could not throw a proper punch or land a single takedown.

He's only training with Goggins for one week then back to normal camp, fioghs a month away and whatever he's done for his last 6 camps clearly hasn't been working, might as well take a chance for what's probably going to be his final UFC fight either way.

You should probably include the whole quote instead of a cherry picked line.

He's only training with Goggins for one week then back to normal camp, fioghs a month away and whatever he's done for his last 6 camps clearly hasn't been working, might as well take a chance for what's probably going to be his final UFC fight either way.

I wasn’t trying to cherry pick, it just went with the thread title
It’s called “journalism “

lol

Who let this Goggins infiltrate MMA in the first place. He should stop while he’s ahead or he’s going to exposed himself when it actually comes to what works in MMA.

I remember watching Goggins years ago on JRE talking about his experience going from overweight nobody to Navy SEAL, and it's an inspirational story. Haven't watched much of his recent stuff, but it seems like his schtick just boils down to "stay hard/just do it/grind..." so for anyone who watches his stuff is there more to it than that?
That’s about it really .

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back