Colby calling out Dustin is one of the worst call outs ever

Fascinating. So tell me Josh: in your family, you were taught that calling people's wives whores and their children illegitimate swamp trash is cool, as is running away balls tucked when confronted about it?

Lol I let you in on a secret, it's a shtick, to promote the fight, haha you actually believed the fued? Lol it happened years ago.

If your not too busy I have this prince in Africa who needs help, send me you email and I'll forward you his request

I might be way out to lunch here but I really think Colby could get a 3rd fight with Usman if he takes out Khamzat and maybe a Luque or something.
"If he takes out Khamzat" is a HUGE assumption here...

Colby isn't getting a third shot at Usman. At least not anytime in the foreseeable future. He could beat every other contender but it would be a tough sell to send him to another title fight going in 0-2. If MMA fighters fought like old school kickboxers and fought several times a year you could justify fighting the same guy multiple times but when in MMA you only need 1-2 wins to get another title shot it just doesn't work.

His best career move might be to try to cash in on a potential Poirier rivalry. Even though I don't really like the "narrative" fights.

I disagree,

if he took the path to beat Luque and Khamzat that would pose very little doubt because the division in essence would be dusted. You'd have no choice, similar to Max-volk 3

Dustin talked 170 so I don't think it's that far fetched. I personally wouldn't mind that match-up so I'm not mad at it.
I think it’s great. Two non title contenders who are very very good like top 3. Mine as well do a nice lil catch weight grudge match

Guy talks shit about you, says thing like "it's on, on sight" and all this shit and you believe you can make a lot of money fighting and beating said guy versus fighting guys who can potentially beat you and aren't as recognized as Poirier is due to the Conor fights.....It sounds like a smart business decision.

He's going to have a hard time getting the Usman fight. He needs multiple wins and he knows it. Getting multiple easy matchup wins is probably his best route back to the belt as he will only have to probably fight 1 actual elite WW to earn another TS after he fights and assumingly beats Poirier.

Colby isn't getting a third shot at Usman. At least not anytime in the foreseeable future. He could beat every other contender but it would be a tough sell to send him to another title fight going in 0-2. If MMA fighters fought like old school kickboxers and fought several times a year you could justify fighting the same guy multiple times but when in MMA you only need 1-2 wins to get another title shot it just doesn't work.

His best career move might be to try to cash in on a potential Poirier rivalry. Even though I don't really like the "narrative" fights.
Usman has a handful of fights left. Do not waste one of those on another fight with Colby.
Chimaev has been out like a year. We gotta get him last burns and have the khamzat usman fight.

Imagine khamzat wins the title off usman abd usman retires and passes the torch? Now we got khamzat the king and a fresh rivalry with Colby to sell

I might be way out to lunch here but I really think Colby could get a 3rd fight with Usman if he takes out Khamzat and maybe a Luque or something.

Then he better hope for Luque, because he wants none of Chimaev. I'm one who says fighters aren't scared of other fighters because they're not. But in this case, there is reason for Covington to fear Chimaev--Chimaev would do to him what he has done to others, except Khamzat would end the fight (not decision).

That's why he's calling out Poirier. Smart move IMO.

Colby quickest route to a title shot is probably hoping Khamzat takes out Usman after Burns

...Colby just beat Mas, who is his first current top 15 win at WW...
Since when is 'first current top 15 win at WW' a thing that exists? First current top 15 win at WW within the past 2 years by submission or DQ in vegas is clearly the appropriate metric.

I mean my boy Fiziev calling out Vince Vaughn makes more sense.

Colby just beat Mas, who is his first current top 15 win at WW , and there's guys like Khamzat, Luque, Muhammad, but you call out a LW???

Who exactly would wanna see this fight? Dustin is probably an easier matchup than Mas. Smh
He's calling him out for personal reason he aint thinking about rankings or weight classed he just hats him and Dustin has mentioned moving up.

Helax boy..

I just want to see Colby fight a legit contender for the first time since 2018.. is that too much to ask?

Actually it's a really smart call out because Colby isn't getting another title shot until Usman loses or retires. He has beef with Dustin and Dustin wants 170 money fights.

That’s because Luque, Belal, Khamzat, & Burns are all booked.

at least he didn't call for a title shot

doesn't deserves another one anytime soon

as far as DP
NO ONE wants to see a big ww go up against a lw in a humping match
Who is the big WW, Colby? dustin is bigger than Colby, weighs more even though he fights at LW.

Huh?

Colby has no path to the title unless Usman retires. He is already ranked #1.

Other guys can chase him.. in the meantime might as well go for the biggest draw/money fight.

Colby has nothing to gain risking his ranking spot against contenders unless the title changes hands.

"#1 ranked" guy calling out fighters from lower weight class: genius, apparently. people here are dumb

In a straight striking match I’m pretty positive Dustin would piece him up. But it’s mma and we all know Colby wrestles the majority of time. Dustin is too small for him would get mauled.
Nonsense.
Poirier was tapping out Brian Shaw

Back