Media Colby: I was in character. Update: He wasn't.

I think he realized he went too far, and has enough of a conscience to backpedal. Not much to analyze here.

Just like Conor his act is boring. I hope he loses in a spectacular fashion and goes away. Maybe he and Conor can be a tag team in the WWE. They have the mouths for it

Where is that guys nephew at that did a lip reading on Chris Weidmen? Sherdog needs him right now.
We literally don't need him. You can clearly hear him say "I was in character" and it matches the caption.

I think Colby realizes he went too far with that one and legit feels bad about it. Leon gets it and nods on acknowledgement but is still justifiably fucking pissed. Fuck it, time to fight.

We literally don't need him. You can clearly hear him say "I was in character" and it matches the caption.
why did Leon completely disregard the comment then during his interview.

All these photoshop dudes on here and no audio guys around that can clean up that clip and settle it once and for all for us?

That line is getting as old as his gimmick. You can't just say whatever you want then pretend you were just playing a character. What was the point of that? Conor also bitched out when his "mind games" backfired against Khabib and he tried to calm him by saying it was "only business."

You can’t really have it both ways I’m afraid. You’re accountable for the things you say and Colby lost me as a fan. Was already backing Leon anyway, but yeah. Colby has gone too far for me

Does sound like 'Thought it was a character?' to me - quite funny really that the UFC have done Colby so bad here making him look like he's bitching out at the staredown.

<JonesLaugh>

Who knows maybe Leon was in character when he threw that bottle too. Maybe this whole "nothing he says gets to me thing" was just him covering his tracks. Maybe he was just waiting for the proper moment to flip out so people thought his emotions were real. And maybe that nod was him saying "I know brotha but we can't stop now."

Reminds me of Bisping winding up GSP.

In no way does he say "thought" or any variation of that. He obviously realises that he went a tad too far.

Everybody knows he’s playing a character. But you still gotta be shitty to say stuff like that.

After a few listens, he definitely says, "thought it was a character.".

Seems he's sticking to the game plan.

He said this to Leon during the face off. I was in character and then see you tomorrow. Leon I guess nodded at him?
IDK but Colby did seem a little regretful of what he said. Or maybe he's trying to go the Conor route of just business.
What do you think, sherbros? Shook?

Nah. Own your ass whooping.

Conor tried that move against Khabib and still got destroyed.

"Pop shit and apologize, brother just ask Kiss."

He did the same shit to Usman in their second fight. It makes him look even more weak. Who's shook now?

Back