Colby might be a success story for non-elite fighters

9-1-1 Colby is an absolute embarrassment to freedom and the American people. He let a Red Coat walk in on patriot soil and take a giant shit on freedom and our constitution. That all amounts to treason, if you ask me. I bet Nancy Pelosi could kick Colby's ass at this point.

This fake news nonbinary loser needs to deported. Merica has no time for losers, only winners, like the greatest rapper alive, Kid Rock.
Wait, now rap is all of America's problems. so KId is Country or some shit.

Basically outclasssed, in total control and superior in every area. The more "pitter patter" strikes were coming from Colby btw, doesnt matter how much you want to hide it behind a "sig. strikes" stat. Just look at Colby's leg and face compared to Leon who didnt have a scratch.

Looking like a sparring match at times is more of a fault for the challenger than the champion, that's why its called "challenger". Even Colby's corner needed to remind him that he was the challenger.
Being a tentative "challenger" is specially embarrassing when you used the lowest, lamest trash talking pre-fight. Outclassed and embarrassed.
Yes, basic assessment is basic assessment. The numbers don't lie. 200% safe and effective.

Yes, basic assessment is basic assessment. The numbers don't lie. 200% safe and effective.
There is no more basic assesment than looking at numbers, which any nerd can google.

The reason why Colby - the challenger - was so extremely tentative and barely even try to use his wrestling is that he was getting outclassed. He was so out of range/timing that he couldnt even go for it in which was most likely his last chance to touch gold.
And he got battered, his face and his leg. Numberd dont tell you so though. Go check numbers in Google, thats all you got.

Last edited:
People are failing to mention that Leon was able to negate most of the takedowns from a much more active and elite Kamaru Usman. I didn't see Colby's inability to impose his will on Leon as a fail. When Leon was able to take Colby down basically at will and showed him no respect whatsoever, that was what indicated to me that Colby doesn't even take this shit seriously anymore. He's checked out.

There is no more basic assesment than looking at numbers, which any nerd can google.

The reason why Colby - the challenger - was so extremely tentative and barely even try to use his wrestling is that he was getting outclassed. He was so out of range/timing that he couldnt even go for it in which was most likely his last chance to touch gold.
And he got battered, his face and his leg. Numberd dont tell you so though. Go check numbers in Google, thats all you got.
Because they show a picture that is more accurate than Colby absolutely got demolished. Its way way closer than anyone will give Colby credit for, simply because they have orange induced vaxxed double rage against him. 2.5 additional strikes per round landed, Colby was never hurt, wobbled, fazed by any of those. Four minutes of ground control time vs. a minute. Colby also won the last round, Leon's concession or not. It was a glorified sparring match and that's it. Colby wasn't battered, like he was in a five round war. Not at all. If any nerd can google them, then why don't you? Use the numbers to present your own argument. Or you can't because you know it doesn't make any sense. It wasn't a beating. It was a sparring match. And you should trust your xyience.

Because they show a picture that is more accurate than Colby absolutely got demolished. Its way way closer than anyone will give Colby credit for, simply because they have orange induced vaxxed double rage against him. 2.5 additional strikes per round landed, Colby was never hurt, wobbled, fazed by any of those. Four minutes of ground control time vs. a minute. Colby also won the last round, Leon's concession or not. It was a glorified sparring match and that's it. Colby wasn't battered, like he was in a five round war. Not at all. If any nerd can google them, then why don't you? Use the numbers to present your own argument. Or you can't because you know it doesn't make any sense. It wasn't a beating. It was a sparring match. And you should trust your xyience.

I didnt say Colby "absolutely got demolished", which would imply a huge amount of damage and wasnt really the case. I said outclassed which refers to skill disparity rather than damage.

Do you have any theory about why the challenger Colby was so extremely tentative, which is anything but a trait of his, to the point even his corner was telling it to him in between rounds? It was the weather, it was something he took for breakfast that didnt sit him well? What it was?
In my opinion its that he was so badly out of range/timing that he didnt even know how to go for it.

Numbers say that both landed similar amount of leg kicks.....by your account, is that the case?? Numbers say so, so by your account there was no meaningful difference in terms of leg kicks in that fight. Because of numbers....Yes, thats absolutely a nerd take in my humble opinion.

By the way, it was a 49-46 across the board.
Ok I correct. Outclassed except for the last round.

I didnt say Colby "absolutely got demolished", which would imply a huge amount of damage and wasnt really the case. I said outclassed which refers to skill disparity rather than damage.

Do you have any theory about why the challenger Colby was so extremely tentative, which is anything but a trait of his, to the point even his corner was telling it to him in between rounds? It was the weather, it was something he took for breakfast that didnt sit him well? What it was?
In my opinion its that he was so badly out of range/timing that he didnt even know how to go for it.

Numbers say that both landed similar amount of leg kicks.....by your account, is that the case?? Numbers say so, so by your account there was no meaningful difference in terms of leg kicks in that fight. Because of numbers....Yes, thats absolutely a nerd take in my humble opinion.

By the way, it was a 49-46 across the board.
Ok I correct. Outclassed except for the last round.
I mean could be the lay off, no? Could be he just got beat by the better fighter, in a closer fight than what the orange induced rage people think, no? I would never call an additional 2.5 significant strikes per round an outclassing, but OK. I'm assuimg you also thought the Irene Aldana fight was FOTY too? The point is, Colby wasn't battered like you just said, Leon didn't land at will a plethora of damaging strikes, and when it went to the ground he lost in ground control time, and Colby finished stronger.

<Fedor23>

You probably picked Colby over Usman.
Read the OP
Was Yushin Okami a huge MW? Yes or no
Not getting what your joke is referencing man
Colby success story for brown nosers and sack kissers
Pretty much... and don't forget that the majority of the roster probably fits in that category however. Their boss is Dana White after all. The thread is designed to pose the question of young fighters that are not elite (the vast majority of the roster)... will the lesson they draw from Colby is that you SHOULD duck and milk your way into a title shot you'll very likely lose? Or will they draw the opposite lesson that fighting contenders is more likely to derail your career sooner BUT at least you'll be at your best if you lost?
Man, bunch of virgins with Colby living rent free.

Sherdog is hilarious.

Breath, everyone. Colby won't fight much longer
Speak for yourself more instead of quoting other men. It makes it look like you can't come up with any phrase of your own when you do nothing but regurgitate "rent free" and "virgins"
Awful lot of Colby threads
It's a relevant time for them. This thread is asking what lessons non-champion young UFC fighters (so the overwhelming majority of the roster in other words) will likely draw from Colby. I cited the only two logical conclusions one could make: either A) they'll see the WWE route as a success story to maximize the notoriety and bank account for mediocre fighters especially or B) they'll draw the opposite conclusion. Feel free to read the OP where both A and B are more explained in the "TLDR" section. So now it is relevant to ask... because tomorrow we'll be dealing with the consequences of whatever lesson younger fighters draw from all of this.

Colby is a classic example of the advantage of being favoured by Dana IMHO, when he started pushing the Chael jnr persona in 2017 I think Dana smelt money and from that point onwards he's tended to have favourable booking, lots of past prime big name opponents and then sitting out for so long and getting a title shot.

Colby is a classic example of the advantage of being favoured by Dana IMHO, when he started pushing the Chael jnr persona in 2017 I think Dana smelt money and from that point onwards he's tended to have favourable booking, lots of past prime big name opponents and then sitting out for so long and getting a title shot.
Dana's treatment of him is interesting in that it was inconsistent. Note that he had the persona back when he was stripped of his interim title for a hell of a lot less inactivity that he later held eternal #1 contender status. So I don't think Dana smelled money then / don't think Colby was much of a draw then despite the talking.

In fact I think the turning point was Masvidal. Colby won that fight, absorbed a big chunk of Jorge's drawing power, and then was given clear preferential treatment right up until he fucked the division's momentum over with that waste of a fight/waste of Leon's prime on Saturday. Don't have his PPV draw numbers in front of me of course but if I had to guess only the Jorge fight is what brought him drawing power (which likely has now evaporated)

Read the OP

Pretty much... and don't forget that the majority of the roster probably fits in that category however. Their boss is Dana White after all. The thread is designed to pose the question of young fighters that are not elite (the vast majority of the roster)... will the lesson they draw from Colby is that you SHOULD duck and milk your way into a title shot you'll very likely lose? Or will they draw the opposite lesson that fighting contenders is more likely to derail your career sooner BUT at least you'll be at your best if you lost?

Speak for yourself more instead of quoting other men. It makes it look like you can't come up with any phrase of your own when you do nothing but regurgitate "rent free" and "virgins"

It's a relevant time for them. This thread is asking what lessons non-champion young UFC fighters (so the overwhelming majority of the roster in other words) will likely draw from Colby. I cited the only two logical conclusions one could make: either A) they'll see the WWE route as a success story to maximize the notoriety and bank account for mediocre fighters especially or B) they'll draw the opposite conclusion. Feel free to read the OP where both A and B are more explained in the "TLDR" section. So now it is relevant to ask... because tomorrow we'll be dealing with the consequences of whatever lesson younger fighters draw from all of this.

I don't think you get it broski. You keep telling people to read your post. Take the hint.

In this case, it was a variation of the standard TLDR reply. Colby is obviously an elite fighter.

Yushin is closer to modern WW size than MW btw. Was never a big MW even by the standards of his generation fyi.

In a weird way, yeah, you are correct. He’s been on several main cards, made out about as well as you could with out being champ.

In this case, it was a variation of the standard TLDR reply. Colby is obviously an elite fighter.

Yushin is closer to modern WW size than MW btw. Was never a big MW even by the standards of his generation fyi.
He likely loses to the vast majority of top 10 today. You and I have different definitions of "elite" probably since to me it means you squash anyone outside the top 5/have a chance at taking the belt any given day/have truly exceptional skillsets. Colby meets none of those criteria right now.

I don't think you get it broski. You keep telling people to read your post. Take the hint.
No worries I got the hint. Lower IQ people = less likely to read. I'm not new to Sherdog.

He likely loses to the vast majority of top 10 today. You and I have different definitions of "elite" probably since to me it means you squash anyone outside the top 5/have a chance at taking the belt any given day/have truly exceptional skillsets. Colby meets none of those criteria right now.

Yushin would likely fight at WW if he came up today and I agree he would have problems with modern ranked fighters. Still, I favour him vs the likes of Magny or Holland and could give problems to Brady or 41 y.o. Wonderboy.

Regarding Colby...So your definition of "elite" is the champion and....the champion?
Colby is about as elite WW of his generation as you can get. Is Usman the only elite WW of his generation according to you? That's not a very smart take, dude.
You might argue he is old and past his prime now but thats another story and not what you OP says

Last edited:
Yushin would likely fight at WW if he came up today and I agree he would have problems with modern ranked fighters. Still, I favour him vs the likes of Magny or Holland and could give problems to Brady or 41 y.o. Wonderboy.

Regarding Colby...So your definition of "elite" is the champion and....the champion?
Colby is about as elite WW of his generation as you can get. Is Usman the only elite WW of his generation according to you? That's not a very smart take, dude.
You might argue he is old and past his prime now but thats another story and not what you OP says
Don't know how you took it to mean only the champ. Elite WWs right now are Leon + Usman + Shavkat + Khamzat + Belal.

So pretty close to "top 5" in other words. Which Colby is not / has not been for a bit now.

EDIT: Damn new Sherdog forum. Why the hell did my reply edit your quote to say "Yushin" instead of what you wrote "He" meaning Colby. lol

Prime Colby( In the first Usman fight) was an elite fighter.

I would pick him over prime Woodley and Lawler.

Colby embarrassed himself so bad even Trump walked out on him. Disowned him.

Dana White must have been pissed that Colby upset Trump like that.

Trump almost ordered his secret service to put a hit out on Colby but felt bad.

Colby be like " thank you to the first responders because that's exactly who I call when a fighter gets too close to my face"
Trump doesn't have that power yet.
If he became President, he would have his security team jump Colby a few times.

Colby is a #3-#7 fighter in his division and was gifted a few title shots. He doesn't suck, it's just that he talked like a champion and couldn't back it up. Now he looks like a fool. And will likely be out of the top ten in a few more years.

No worries I got the hint. Lower IQ people = less likely to read. I'm not new to Sherdog.

Lol and here comes the projection. We read it and we don't care. That's the hint. Now go ahead and unload the rest of your self hatred on the forum cos we don't care about your opinion of a fighter.

Back