Colby will have a TS from a 21 months layoff

• Thread starter Deleted member 592822
  • Start date
GSP wasn't undefeated when he beat Bisping after a layoff.
<{hughesimpress}>
Yeah but he wasn't 0-2 with title shots either. His championship fight record is much better. Destroyed and finished the only 2 fighters who beat him and undefeated for 5 years as a champion. Sure wouldn't have a problem if Colby's resume was like his either.

Yeah but he wasn't 0-2 with title shots either. His championship fight record is much better. Destroyed and finished the only 2 fighters who beat him and undefeated for 5 years as a champion. Sure wouldn't have a problem if Colby's resume was like his either.
Yeah, but how can someone's record be used as an argument for how rusty they are or not after a layoff?

Yeah, but how can someone's record be used as an argument for how rusty they are or not after a layoff?
Because like I said, if someone is essentially undefeated it's okay to have a layoff, probably the only case. It's not about the layoff it's that Colby has no wins over active WWs and has lost every title shot he had. I'm going to say this very carefully, but long layoffs now almost mean the fighter will perform better when they return, assuming they weren't out for an injury, there are lots of things they can do to enhance their performance outside of regular competition and look better.

Leon/Colby is official for 296 in December.

That's 21 month since the last time Colby fought a semi retired masvidal

One of the most underserved TS ever lol

No way the guy isn't rusty after this layoff at 36yo
Frederick's privilege

Colby getting the next title shot was part of the deal when Mas settled with Colby out of court that Colby would receive a title shot upon his return

Its also why Mas took a fight against Burns to help pay for the settlement before he retired

The UFC possibly did not want the Colby vs Mas case going to trial which would have brought bad press to the UFC so they "assisted" Mas with this one

4D chess by the UFC
I could see that for sure

Lol people acting like there's a ton of other options while the only other options are Belal and maybe Khamzat who we don't even can make 170 anymore and barely got past Gilbert. Colby gets it, easy decision.

Because like I said, if someone is essentially undefeated it's okay to have a layoff, probably the only case. It's not about the layoff it's that Colby has no wins over active WWs and has lost every title shot he had. I'm going to say this very carefully, but long layoffs now almost mean the fighter will perform better when they return, assuming they weren't out for an injury, there are lots of things they can do to enhance their performance outside of regular competition and look better.
Well it's him or Belal. And I really don't see how Belal would perform better than Colby, especially after seeing his first match against Leon. And it is not like Colby looked helpless against Usman, it was competitive.

Well it's him or Belal. And I really don't see how Belal would perform better than Colby, especially after seeing his first match against Leon. And it is not like Colby looked helpless against Usman, it was competitive.
Belal deserves it for being so active, but you're right about between the odds of either guy I'd probably say Colby has a better shot than Belal. For me the best odds would probably be Shavkat, which is who I want to see up for the title shot.

What is semi retired. If Mas won that you'd be talking different.

Yep Colby isn't on some streak but he's still a solid top 5 ww.

Well we wanted it so we get it.

The Fans pay, the Fans pay

Belal deserves it for being so active, but you're right about between the odds of either guy I'd probably say Colby has a better shot than Belal. For me the best odds would probably be Shavkat, which is who I want to see up for the title shot.
As much as want to see Shavkat getting a title shot, he should fight someone in top 5-10 before that

21 month month lay off.

His last 3 wins were all against 38 year old fighters on 2 fight losing streaks.

He has 2 losses sandwiched in between those 3 wins.

Hasn't put more than a 1 fight win streak together since 2019.

I don't even dislike Colby but it's hard to argue there hasn't been a less deserving title challenger for a while.
Since Brock being 1-1 in ufc with that win being over heath herring?

As much as want to see Shavkat getting a title shot, he should fight someone in top 5-10 before that
As much as you want to see Shavkat fight a top 5 first, he might have to be champ for guys to accept lol. I think he's going to get the push Islam got at LW where they push him up rankings because he can't get any top guys to sign.

Funny how quickly people forget that Leon got his shot after almost two years layoff,
finger banging Belal and his "impressive" win against Diaz..

mma-chat-leon-edwards.gif

Division called welterwait for a reason, smh..

Have you actually watched the fight against Nate? Your GIF is litteraly the only notable moment for Diaz in that 25 minutes fight.

Short memories of Connor’s multiple division holdup for year(s)

PS not saying it’s right

As much as you want to see Shavkat fight a top 5 first, he might have to be champ for guys to accept lol. I think he's going to get the push Islam got at LW where they push him up rankings because he can't get any top guys to sign.
Even if they do it I don't see him getting the title shot before Belal.

Leon/Colby is official for 296 in December.

That's 21 month since the last time Colby fought a semi retired masvidal

One of the most underserved TS ever lol

No way the guy isn't rusty after this layoff at 36yo

Rusty my ass.
You do realize that the Unisex cologne "CK1" wasn't actually meant for a man or a woman but actually stands for Cardio King 1 and is the aroma of an Alpha male impregnating a Miami dime.
Buncha fking virgins getting schooled ITT.

Back