Collection of Best I've faced/trained (Ring Magazine)

Foreman thinks Ron Lyle is better than Ali. Toney thinks McCallum is better than Roy. Thanks for the laughs, guys.

well there's always the element of when you fought them in their careers, the level the fighters were at that night (IE: did they fight better or worse than usual), styles (do you match up well or poorly with them), and of course nostalgia/personal bitterness

Foreman thinks Ron Lyle is better than Ali. Toney thinks McCallum is better than Roy. Thanks for the laughs, guys.

Both McCallum and Jones were both great fighters. I think it's completely defensible to look at them as being of a similar class of fighter.

I like Terible's

Thanks for sharing.

Reading McCallum and Toney back to back was good.

Bump, some new ones, all at the bottom of the OP

These were really good reads. thanks.

That's interesting

"BEST DEFENSE
Walters: I wouldn

I love Froch as a fighter, but his whole piece was basically him giving backhanded compliments and making excuses.

the latest one was Casamayor and I know he was quite a few fans on here, so bump

bunch of new ones (all at the bottom) and a lot of them are worth a read, so bump

I think the Pong one is interesting partly because I'm a big fan and partly because it brings a lot of questions about his comp level, both positive and negative.

Kameda, Naito, Sosa, Tunacao, Miranda, Lazerte are some of the biggest names on his resume and certifiably legit but they don't get mentioned a lot. Instead his best opponent was Rungvisai, and names like Trash Nakamuna, Daigo Nakahiro, Luis Angel Martinez, Takuya Kogawa, and Hyobu Nakagama are brought up. Now with Suriyan it's possible he's just trying to talk up another Thai, but with the others it brings up the question of if they were better than originally thought or if Pong's big names are worse.

The Azumah Nelson link takes you to the Ronnie Shields story.

Back