Comic Book Debates

Now I'm doubting myself. I just did a google search and it looks like I could be wrong about Domestic Abuse Pym.

Yeah I only say that because that story goes waaaay back from even secret invasion timeline.

Hank is kind of merged with ultranationalist at some point. He has hanks face and ultrons body. He was up in space for awhile also.

I don't really know much about that though.

I just think they needed a Brightest day event to bring back everyone. Original Jean, prof x, cyke, Hank Pym, jack of hearts, anyone else you can name.

Wait flash is stronger than superman now. I thought the new rebirth fixed superman from where he was during the New 52.

I haven't read much of the new DC after rebirth. Although I love Tom Kings miracle man.
They just unveiled the Strength Force. That's all I know.
Flash-54-Strength-Force-variant-by-Dan-More.jpg

Apparently there is a Sage Force too, but I haven't looked into exactly wtf that means.

Yeah my understanding of the flash comes entirely from the Tv show. Don't think we ever had the flash comics here when I was growing up. Only really read xmen and the various spin offs, Spider-Man and Batman. Our local didn't get in a massive variety, but he did get a lot of the limited editions.

Well Geoff Johns run was excellent. You'll really get into the character after that.

Wait what's he difference between origins and Wolverine Origin. Now I'm confused.

That Jeph Loeb Romulus story was fucking horrendous and needs to be forgotten forever.

Also Rama do you remember during Morrisons Xmen run they tapped into the origin bit as well. We found out weapon X wasn't an X at all but the Roman numeral 10. Which implied there were other weapons before wolvie.

Shit is confusing for us no one who wants to get into comics now will have a fucking clue.

Origin was the origin mini-series that showed us Logan growing up with Sabertooth.
Origins was the story of Wolverine finding out all his memories were implants and included Daken, and Romulus and .... Nuke lol sigh.

I do remember they changed the X to 10, but that didn't eliminate the Weapon X program, it simply put it in a greater context.

They just unveiled the Strength Force. That's all I know.
Flash-54-Strength-Force-variant-by-Dan-More.jpg

Apparently there is a Sage Force too, but I haven't looked into exactly wtf that means.

Man I really am out of touch with DC. That kind of looks stupid.

Seems like they're trying to go with the green lantern angle for the flash. With green lantern you had all these colors of the spectrum. Now it seems like they're doing the same thing to the flash. Bridging off from the speed force into all these other type forces.

Also who is that flash in the picture, Allen or Wally West

Man I really am out of touch with DC. That kind of looks stupid.

Seems like they're trying to go with the green lantern angle for the flash. With green lantern you had all these colors of the spectrum. Now it seems like they're doing the same thing to the flash. Bridging off from the speed force into all these other type forces.

Also who is that flash in the picture, Allen or Wally West
Pretty sure it's Allen. Last I heard he is back to being Flash full time.

My thoughts on this were like yours. Trying to do the Green Lantern thing with The Flash, with a little Endless thrown in. All of the forces are "s" words. There's a Still Force too.

Origin was the origin mini-series that showed us Logan growing up with Sabertooth.
Origins was the story of Wolverine finding out all his memories were implants and included Daken, and Romulus and .... Nuke lol sigh.

I do remember they changed the X to 10, but that didn't eliminate the Weapon X program, it simply put it in a greater context.

Yeah that's what I mean. It just expanded on the Weapon X thing.

It even made captain America a part of the project.

Now Rama what about this. Remember this.

The Wolverine Origins ongoing series in around 2006. Steve Dillon did the artwork for the series and Daniel Way did the story.

Remember he fought Nuke, who was another weapon x product. During this Logan was on a mission to find his origin as well.
10e19f5428a831409de54dc421cd4bd8.jpg

It was similar to what Mike Carey did with Rogue during that Xmen Legacy series

Fucking A this shit is confusing. Even for us

Last edited:
Yeah I only say that because that story goes waaaay back from even secret invasion timeline.

Hank is kind of merged with ultranationalist at some point. He has hanks face and ultrons body. He was up in space for awhile also.

I don't really know much about that though.

I just think they needed a Brightest day event to bring back everyone. Original Jean, prof x, cyke, Hank Pym, jack of hearts, anyone else you can name.

Wow, Jack of Hearts ... haven't heard that in a long time. I loved that character when I was a kid.
The ultimate character to bring back for me would have been ROM, but another publisher has his rights and I don't like what I've heard.

Jean Grey will always be one of my favorites, but I don't know how they can bring her back again.
The All-New X-Men run before Marvel went full retard was so amazing. That was their chance to keep a fresh Jean Grey, but they blew it.

1709519.jpg

I'm actually shocked Prof X hasn't been brought back. They really fucked up with him too. If they didn't kill him off then they probably would have made him a child molester.

Pretty sure it's Allen. Last I heard he is back to being Flash full time.

My thoughts on this were like yours. Trying to do the Green Lantern thing with The Flash, with a little Endless thrown in. All of the forces are "s" words. There's a Still Force too.

Yup that's exactly what they're doing.

If it worked for green lantern it should work for the flash. Or at least that's their goal. who knows if it will be quality or crap

And yeah Barry Allen has been the main flash since rebirth. I liked Wally west a lot.

Wow, Jack of Hearts ... haven't heard that in a long time. I loved that character when I was a kid.
The ultimate character to bring back for me would have been ROM, but another publisher has his rights and I don't like what I've heard.

Jean Grey will always be one of my favorites, but I don't know how they can bring her back again.
The All-New X-Men run before Marvel went full retard was so amazing. That was their chance to keep a fresh Jean Grey, but they blew it.

1709519.jpg

I'm actually shocked Prof X hasn't been brought back. They really fucked up with him too. If they didn't kill him off then they probably would have made him a child molester.

Professor X is back though. They brought him back in that new astonishing Xmen series written by Charles soule. It was actually really good. I think you would like this to be perfectly honest. They battle he shadow king in the first storyline.

That's all I read though. Just the first storyline. First couple of issues. Maybe 5-6 of them. So I'm speaking with limited long term knowledge here.
clean.jpg

Also Rama Jean is back again. She has her own X title now. The original Jean is back.

And I agree with you, that original Bendis Xmen was great and a very fresh take. They should've just kept her. So now there are two Jeans. Original and the time displaced.

Also young Cyke is on the Champions with the other "new younger" heroes.

His story is pretty solid and I like the idea that he knows what he did in the future and how he can try and lead a different life. It's not a bad take on the state of his character.

But overall yes a cluster fuck as you said.

Yeah that's what I mean. It just expanded on the Weapon X thing.

It even made captain America a part of the project.

Now Rama what about this. Remember this.

The Wolverine Origins ongoing series in around 2006. Steve Dillon did the artwork for the series and Daniel Way did the story.

Remember he fought Nuke, who was another weapon x product. During this he was on a mission to find his origin as well.
10e19f5428a831409de54dc421cd4bd8.jpg

It was similar to what Mike Carey did with Rogue during that Xmen Legacy series

Fucking A this shit is confusing. Even for us

lol @ Steve Dillon (RIP) -- they really abused Wolverine fans. Absolute SHITE stories coupled with absolute SHITE artwork.
A book for marks.

Did you happen to catch the Ultimates series that Dillon pencilled where they were all turned into vampires? lol so bad.

Professor X is back though. They brought him back in that new astonishing Xmen series written by Charles soule. It was actually really good. I think you would like this to be perfectly honest. They battle he shadow king in the first storyline.

That's all I read though. Just the first storyline. First couple of issues. Maybe 5-6 of them. So I'm speaking with limited long term knowledge here.
clean.jpg

Also Rama Jean is back again. She has her own X title now. The original Jean is back.

And I agree with you, that original Bendis Xmen was great and a very fresh take. They should've just kept her. So now there are two Jeans. Original and the time displaced.

Also young Cyke is on the Champions with the other "new younger" heroes.

His story is pretty solid and I like the idea that he knows what he did in the future and how he can try and lead a different life. It's not a bad take on the state of his character.

But overall yes a cluster fuck as you said.

I've been meaning to come back, but I just haven't pulled the trigger. This sounds pretty good tho

lol @ Steve Dillon (RIP) -- they really abused Wolverine fans. Absolute SHITE stories coupled with absolute SHITE artwork.
A book for marks.

Did you happen to catch the Ultimates series that Dillon pencilled where they were all turned into vampires? lol so bad.

I think it started out pretty interesting but fell off not long after.

No I luckily didn't see that story.

Rama how fresh and great was marvel after avengers Disassembled? All those incredibly cool things that happened from civil war-planet hulk-annihilation-new avengers-dark Avengers-Winter Soldier-house of M...
Hell the list is endless. Plus they had so much talent working for them.

I really miss that era. As I call it the Joe Q era at marvel. That's when Bendis was the main man and the top seller in the comics industry.

They had a great run during the 2000s. Sadly it ended with hickmans secret wars. Marvel fell off for the most part after that. All there talent left as well.

I think it started out pretty interesting but fell off not long after.

No I luckily didn't see that story.

Rama how fresh and great was marvel after avengers Disassembled? All those incredibly cool things that happened from civil war-planet hulk-annihilation-new avengers-dark Avengers-Winter Soldier-house of M...
Hell the list is endless. Plus they had so much talent working for them.

I really miss that era. As I call it the Joe Q era at marvel. That's when Bendis was the main man and the top seller in the comics industry.

They had a great run during the 2000s. Sadly it ended with hickmans secret wars. Marvel fell off for the most part after that. All there talent left as well.

yeah, its crazy how it just fell apart.
I was legit bitter that they cancelled that All New X book for Secret Wars. That was the best X book in over a decade - the whole franchise was amazing at that point and then .... kaisersouze"poof".gif

That wasn't Sabretooth though. That was Wolverine's step-brother Dog Logan, who didn't get the fancy healing factor his brother got. There was the idea that Sabretooth was Wolverine's dad but then that got turned into a lie.

yeah, its crazy how it just fell apart.
I was legit bitter that they cancelled that All New X book for Secret Wars. That was the best X book in over a decade - the whole franchise was amazing at that point and then .... kaisersouze"poof".gif

Heck even Uncanny Xmen was good too. I think that was underrated at the time. The entire "Cyke was right" storyline.

I agree with you. That X book was damn good.

Rama don't forget, even in the 2000s we had good Xmen stories.

I liked Messiah Complex-Messiah War-Second Coming

Those were all good too. That era of marvel was glorious.

That wasn't Sabretooth though. That was Wolverine's step-brother Dog Logan, who didn't get the fancy healing factor his brother got. There was the idea that Sabretooth was Wolverine's dad but then that got turned into a lie.
this makes me feel better, thank you.

Heck even Uncanny Xmen was good too. I think that was underrated at the time. The entire "Cyke was right" storyline.

I agree with you. That X book was damn good.

Rama don't forget, even in the 2000s we had good Xmen stories.

I liked Messiah Complex-Messiah War-Second Coming

Those were all good too. That era of marvel was glorious.
Yup, Uncanny was awesome, too. It really felt like they were rebuilding with old and new characters. I loved it.
Yes, there were some good crossovers and short arcs, but nothing that felt as fresh as Bendis' run, imo

Back