Commentary: Why is Charles Oliveira so popular?

Are you a fan of Charles

• Total voters
Yes I'm a huge fan, despite my arguments of Islam beating him, I think he's great

Kill or be killed, that's Oliviera
He's a brilliant fighter, but I still think he loses the rematch. However, if I wrong? Happy days I have no problems admitting it

He is the most exciting guy on the roster, as you never know what to expect. His vulnerability adds to this

Great fighter

The reason why I like him is he comes to fight!! he always lets go. No point fighting BS. He lets go and has a variety of attack.. striking and grappling and he will leave himself open a lot too and doesn't play it safe. He is entertaining and fun to watch. I have always enjoyed his fight.. win or lose they were all entertaining.

He is all you can ask for out of a pro MMA fighter. He brings it every fight, win or lose. He will never be considered the GOAT like GSP but GSP also played it safe the second half of his career while Charlie Olives sacrifices himself to the just bleed Gods every single fight. He's a guy that came in undefeated with a ton of hype, became a gatekeeper of sorts, and was on a 2-4 slump before he went on his current 12-1 tear. I can't think of anyone else who has had the career he has had, he's basically Rocky in prime Rocky 3 mode right now.

Charles is the Just Bleed Goat that fans deserve and he is fucking ILLUMINATED right now!

He rose from being the talented young UFC prospect that they literally chucked into the deepest end of the pool and he has battled through blood, sweat and tears to becoming the greatest finisher in the UFC today using his array of tools. What’s not to love?

started-from-the-bottom-now-were-here.gif

exciting fights, well spoken, confident, active. What isn't there to like?

Sorry he doesnt paint his hair like a rainbow and lets other men plow his girl like some other fighters on the roster.

Humble guy, fought against adversity his whole life.

Has an exciting style, is world class with his bjj skills.

Is a bit chinny and has lost before which adds to the overall excitement of watching him perform.

He's an absolute dog, how could you not like him. Especially these days where everyone sits for extended periods until they find that "perfect matchup"

Back