News CONFIRMED: Ian Garry is OUT of UFC 296; Luque willing to face Holland on short notice

I don’t know where you're getting at but Dana is obviously not in on it. If you want to fake being sick it can be done without your boss saying shit about it. It is what it is. Garry bitched out. Im moving on.
If you have a conspiracy it has to include Dana and the company being in on it - fights don't get pulled in the UFC for medical reasons without their own doctors confirming it.

Then there's what probably really happened in that Garry got sick and can't fight.

My father had the flu turn into pneumonia and was dead in a week.

Ffs, Im sorry man.
I didn't say it couldn't happen, but my point is that you generally know you're sick before it changes sir.

Meaning he knew he was sick way before it changed.

We just lost another one...

He knew he had the flu, and he was going knowingly give it to Luque by fighting him.
Either way he should've let the UFC know so they could've had time to set up another fight.

Overall it sucks and we don't get to see this one sir.

Haha going to give him the flu....Come on. You know that plenty of Olympic Gold Medals have been won by people who have colds and the flu right? It happens all the time when you peak for a sporting event. It's no different to tweaking a rib or ankle in training camp.

He did let them know, that's how he found out he had pneumonia. UFC doctors diagnosed it and pulled him. They will have been trying to manage it through the week like most people do when they get a cold, unfortunately cutting weight and training for a fight compromises your immune system. That's why it progressed.

I get it's fashionable to dislike him at the moment because people are too lazy to do a little reading, but the guy got pneumonia. He didn't just eat too much tiramisu or something.

Back