Congrats to Rose

I was glad to see Rose back in the win column. It was a bit surprising to see her have no problem with Ribas's physicality. Ribas has fought at 115 but looks more like a 125.

I'm on the fence whether Rose's coaches are giving her the right guidance. They're advocating for point-fighting, especially on the ground when Rose was on top.

What made Rose so good in years past is her ability to finish anywhere. I don't know whether we'll ever see the same Rose who KO'd Joanna and Weili, then beat them in rematches with activity and aggression. She has the talent and tools to do it for sure.

Ribas throwing her arms up after each round like she just dominated kinda low-key made me root for thug Rose even a bit more.

Rose after doing nothing for 25 minutes.

source.gif

I'm happy Rose won but if this is indicative of her fighting style going forward, she's not going to be a favorite to watch.

I'm on the fence whether Rose's coaches are giving her the right guidance. They're advocating for point-fighting, especially on the ground when Rose was on top.
Maybe they know somethin we dont

I'm happy Rose won but if this is indicative of her fighting style going forward, she's not going to be a favorite to watch.

Sure, but she had lost two in a row, what do you expect of her?

To come in guns blazing?

She literally lost her title by not doing enough.

Sure. The reaction to losing by not doing enough could be: I lost my last fight by not doing enough, now I'm gonna come in guns blazing.

That's one way of approaching it.

Back