Conor has officially lost his aura. He's finished

I never felt he had an aura, just quite good at marketing himself. And the UFC was going to get behind him for that reason. He was always a solid standup fighter with some obvious holes as far as being well rounded. He's worked on some of the important ones, but he's just too far behind. Just as some of the fighters he's faced in the past were too far behind him in the standup. I definitely see him having a much tougher time at LW where he's fighting guys that he doesn't have a length advantage over, and many that have a well-developed ground game. I'm sure he still has some good fights in his future if he wants them.

Nobody cares about what you see. they care about what hes done. He beat the number one guy for the belt, then he lost to someone and dropped his belt so that means he's number 2. pretty simple shit. rankings arent rocket science.

Erm, he’s 1-1 at lightweight in the UFC which is practically untested at that weight class.

Yet he beat the ones that were at the top....it wasnt him that pulled out of the RDA fight as well....keep on hating.
This isn't hate, I'm being realistic. The delusional McGoat fans need to hear the truth sometimes. Connor needs to fight more before anyone has an argument for his GOATness or even greatness at this point. People seem to forget what those letters stand for - it's not the best current fighter in the division (which he isn't) or even the UFC (which he isn't). If he was defending titles and taking on all comers, I would absolutely be a fan of his. Like Jon Jones - I don't like the guy, but I can't deny he has taken on all comers, defended repeatedly and shows a rounded skillset. Can't argue with his results. That isn't the case with Connor, yet people on here are trying to call him the best of all time? Please.

He never had one punch KO power. In the UFC he only one punch KO'd Aldo who walked into the shot with his chin exposed like a dumbo. His most dominant performances are against fighters with huge size and reach disadvantages, which is usually the case i.e. how Mousasi made Rory MacDonlad look like a kid the other week.

At lightweight he's probably mid level top 10 which is nothing to shit over to be fair to him. A lot of those guys could probably beat him and probably have better striking. His career has been incredible in terms of his self promoting but his fighting ability is way over hyped. Let's not underrate him though and call him dogshit cause he's not exactly a can either.
100% agree

He's a great FW and a very good but not quite top tier LW. Also his resume gets wildly overrated.

The two best non-Aldo names on his resume were Holloway and Mendes and Holloway was a baby in the UFC at the time and Mendes obviously fought on short notice. Poirier was also not close to the fighter he is today. He got gifted a title shot over way more deserving guys and got the belt by beating Eddie who simply wasn't the best in the division or even top 3 despite having the belt at the time.

Aldo is the only legitimately great, in his prime, no bullshit opponent he beat. And even that was more Aldo just being an emotional moron and running right into Conor's best weapon rather than some longer display of elite skill by Conor.

I don't buy this microanalysis.

Holloway was four years younger yeah but both of them were up and comers. No Holloway was not a "baby" and he got dominated absolutely everywhere. Poirier was dominated as well. Mendes killed. Aldo killed. Alvarez killed. Diaz outstruck punch for punch.

whoa whoa whoa you fucking idiot, where the fuck did i say conor was the number 1 contender. please don't put words in my mouth to fit your bullshit narrative. Show me fucking anywhere I said that. Good luck, because i didn't.

haha you're a banned Conor hater, why did i even reply to your created yesterday account. lol calling out my forum participation when you can't even log into your real account, fucking loser.....

My bad. I thought you meant #2 as in Khabib is #1. And that you were just going based on W/L without doing the eye test. Nah I am not a banned Conor hater, Ive been going to Sherdog for over 10 years, I just couldnt remember my account because it was created with my College email which is most definitely not active. So I assume you meant Khabib, Ferg, Conor. I stand corrected. I personally dont agree with that as I think Lee and maybe one other is ahead of that but thats fair. I think Conor's best bet is to try and make 45 again and fight Tcity/Holloway winner. The amount of mystique he would regain from this would be life saving for him

Back