Conor McGregor about Bruce Lee "i have no doubt world champion in MMA" would he fight in MMA today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why watch fake flashy spin kicks and choreographed fights on TV when you can watch them being thrown unscripted in real life?
I blame WorldStarHipHop.

Not talk bullshit, Bruce Lee is more famous than the UFC, there is Bruce Lee video on youtube with more than eighty million views. McGregor's opinion is all that matters, the keyboard warriors view is worth less than junk.

Its possible for him to be a world champion. His mind was very innovating and also a disciplined individual. Now he may not have been some godly figure as he is portrayed but among his peers ( martial artist seeking fame/reputation) he was better than all of them. Just like how there is a best of everything like artist, musician or whatever field, he was the best martial artist because he had no obligation to be in an amazing shape and many other fame seeking martial artist of his era would use hype and marketing as well as straight up bullshit to brainwash the uninformed.

But who knows if he would have been a world champion or not. I say this because there is a huge chance of him amassing a losing record due to lay and pray and getting out pointed by getting taken down.

Bruce Lee was more of a philosopher of Martial Arts than he was a competitor.

He didn't even compete under his own discipline with other marital artists.

These same people don't realize that bruce never even wanted to be an actor..it was by chance and luck...He was a martial artist is entire life..he was a revolutionary...

Actor: That's ALL he wanted to be. You are a dumbass. Bruce had priorities in life:
1. Work as little as possible.
2. Smoke as much dope as possible.
3. Fuck as many white chicks as possible.

Being an actor was his best chance to fulfill these priorities.

He had something like 16 amateur boxing matches when he was still in Hong Kong. It is possible to find it out there, but not easy.

Are you talking about his Grade School and High School shit? Little kids "fighting" little kids?

Not really sure, how you can call bruce lee a fraud...he was a martial artist..martial arts instructor..he developed his own fighting style...he is the most recognizable name in all of martial arts..nobody could ever compare to him...As far as chuck norris...you should read what he and many others have said about bruce and just how good he was...listen to guys like joe lewis, chuck, bob stone, etc....oh, and chuck norris was an undefeated world karate champion...full contact....

Do you have any links where i can read that stuff? would be cool

Bruce Lee was a 5'6 manlet. Casuals would've insulted him for being a midget and he would draw less than Mighty Mouse.

[QUOTE="MikeMcMann, post: 124590397, member: 488251"
Like Frank Shamrock, in his day was able to dominate his class by being the best rounded OF HIS DAY, I think Bruce would have had the chance to achieve the same.
[/QUOTE]

Except Frank actually fought people in combat sports. Lee NEVER FOUGHT ANYONE in an organized combat sport.

Bruce was an actor or trained in impractical martial arts before people actually knew how to fight and has no actual fights or records to his name other than hear-say against street bums in China.

Anyone who thinks he would fair well in the UFC is naive and ignorant.

Might as well throw Keanu Reeves in the octagon.

"I know King Fu!"

0760da32efe27e0b31c8d69dd65fbdd7.jpg

Phenomenal shape, perfect technique, ahead of his time.

View attachment 175115

Yeah, perfect technique, when choreographed and practiced. Get on the YouTubes and watch him hitting the heavy bag. Looks like a drunk with no technique. Almost falls down his feetwork is so bad.

Bruce Lee was a 5'6 manlet. Casuals would've insulted him for being a midget and he would draw less than Mighty Mouse.

Not if he was knocking people out and murdering them.

Bruce Lee is revered by martial artists worldwide.

Sherdoggers do not approve.

The wrong argument is being made. You can't take disciplines and conditioning from the 70s and compare it today. Bruce Lee was different - If you're going to get hypothetical than you need to factor just how ahead of his time and innovative he was compared to the rest.

Show me proof he could not

He didn't do any martial arts where you take punches in the face, so I think that's where I was going with that. Then again, I don't really know everything about Bruce Lee so maybe he did? Idk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back